2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purchasing FIt Sport What is best price

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Purchasing FIt Sport What is best price

Looking to buy a Fit tomorrow and would like to know best price or how much discount should I be able to get off Dealer list
They want list price for a 2012 Fit Sport Milano red auto that they just received today
Any discount from dealers on accessories

Buying in Texas
Thanks for your help guys

Old 11-21-2011, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Claudel
Looking to buy a Fit tomorrow and would like to know best price or how much discount should I be able to get off Dealer list
They want list price for a 2012 Fit Sport Milano red auto that they just received today
Any discount from dealers on accessories

Buying in Texas
Thanks for your help guys
Lately, the best price is essentially whatever you can get for it.

Due to demand for econo-boxes and the short supply (EQ in Japan earlier in the year)... prices don't flex as much as they used to.

That being said... you can use sites like Edmunds or cars.com to get an idea of how much lower than MSRP you can get the car. But I'm betting it isn't going to be much.

Now, the question is... are you one of those people that join, post once and then disappear?

Old 11-21-2011, 06:33 PM
New Fit

No I will be back because I always tend to modify my cars and this is a first for us with the Fit
We went for a Fit because it will be towed behind our motorhome and the weight is very important and the wife wanted auto tranny

Thanks for your help and I will check with Edmund

Old 11-21-2011, 06:45 PM
I got a $630 discount off MSRP for my 2012 automatic Fit Sport (paid $17,900 and it had a sticker of $18,530). Had to pay a $299 doc fee to handle the paperwork though, but the other two Honda dealers in Nashville charge $499 (which to me is insanely high).

Old 11-21-2011, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by Claudel
No I will be back because I always tend to modify my cars and this is a first for us with the Fit
We went for a Fit because it will be towed behind our motorhome and the weight is very important and the wife wanted auto tranny

Thanks for your help and I will check with Edmund
You are aware that the Fit and other automatic Honda's have a set procedure that needs to be done before you start towing and every 8 hours thereafter. Not really too bad though and you'll probably need to stop that often for gas or food anyway.

Automatic transmission:
Perform the following procedure every day immediately before you begin towing. Otherwise severe automatic transmission damage will occur.
1. Check the transmission fluid level (see page 259). Do not overfill.
2. Start the engine.
3. Press on the brake pedal. Move the shift lever through all its
positions.
4. Shift to the D position and hold for 5 seconds, then to N. Let the
engine run for 3 minutes, then turn it off.

Notice:
Severe transmission damage will occur if the vehicle is shifted from reverse to neutral and then towed with the drive wheels on the ground.

_

Old 11-22-2011, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member
I think the truecar.com numbers are actually pretty useful information-but you need to know how to interpret it.

Most of the graphs will start out and calculate you the average price.

But if you're a savvy shopper, average price is a completely worthless statistic, as the product is a static unchanging product that is the same (unlike a house or service where you get what you pay for). As an analogy, when you use google shopper or ebay to find the price of something, one only looks at the lowest price, average is worthless.

So you want to look at "Recent Sales" then look only at the far left tail end of curve to see what someone got, and that is the goal you are trying to shoot for, not average.

Of course, the best is to try to search around (perhaps on yelp) to find the Dealer who is the lowest price dealer and then go from there.

Last edited by raytseng; 11-22-2011 at 01:14 PM.