2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

The GE FiT Swift Springs thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 02:30 AM
overall, the car handles amazingly... but individual mods like the progress rsb did not make a huge difference on its own. overall, i think it helped though. i can't say for sure i can outcorner the NSX with the Fit, but i can't say the NSX would outcorner the Fit either. the NSX i did not go with swaybars as i was happy with its roll stability, so it stands to reason the Fit could have an advantage.

Old 09-22-2013, 03:32 AM
5 Year Member
Presently I have my GD sitting at about stock height and level instead of having the front end lower as it was with the Swift springs to improve the angle of caster on the front wheels .. I'm using Buddy Club N+ coilovers and 16x 6.5 Kosei wheels with 205-50-16 Goodyear Eagle GT tires.. The tires are much too heavy and hamper acceleration but grip like crazy even on wet pavement.. The ride and directional stability is improved and it is much more comfortable at high speeds on the highway .. I can't corner as fast as I would like to with the stock seat, a racing seat would be much better.. I'll go back to using my Enkei RPF1 wheels with some sticky 195-50-15s next summer and see how it does with the rear anti sway bar then.. I have found that using the lightest, smallest diameter wheel/tire combination to be the best performance modification I've done, other than supercharging the engine.

Old 09-22-2013, 03:40 AM
i get a core workout when i corner. lol. i am considering a bucket seat, though.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Huy Bui
i get a core workout when i corner. lol. i am considering a bucket seat, though.
Ha Ha! So do I but I'll be 64 years in a few months and have a messed up back.. I drove a Fit that was set up with racing buckets for road racing.. It was nearly impossible for me to get in or out of them and were painful to sit in.. I have a 1500 cc Kawasaki Vulcan with a sidecar attached to it that gives me a major all body workout at all speeds on all kinds of roads.. If I get around to getting different seats they won't be full blown no compromise racing type seats.

Old 09-25-2013, 08:38 AM
Shu
Added some good tires over the weekend and this, coupled with the springs, makes me feel like I have a brand new car. The handling is wonderful now, very happy guy over here. Going to a 205/50-16 size was a great move as well; I always found the car to be a bit too twitchy, so moving to a wider tire resolved that for me. Love it.

Old 09-25-2013, 08:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shu
Added some good tires over the weekend and this, coupled with the springs, makes me feel like I have a brand new car. The handling is wonderful now, very happy guy over here. Going to a 205/50-16 size was a great move as well; I always found the car to be a bit too twitchy, so moving to a wider tire resolved that for me. Love it.
What tires did you go with Shu?

-Dustin

Old 09-25-2013, 08:50 AM
Shu
Originally Posted by Bama3Dr
What tires did you go with Shu?

-Dustin
Kumho 4x. I originally wanted a good set of summer tires, but I got a killer deal on the wheels and tires that I couldn't pass up.

Old 09-25-2013, 08:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shu
Kumho 4x. I originally wanted a good set of summer tires, but I got a killer deal on the wheels and tires that I couldn't pass up.
Very nice! I kinda wish I had gone with those instead of the Continental DWS 195/50/R16 that I went with. So, can you tell a difference in noise level, ride quality, or MPG with the new tires?

Thanks,
Dustin

Old 09-25-2013, 10:47 AM
Shu
I drive 95% city streets, so I can't really tell a difference in noise, comfort or mpg. I think comfort may be the most affected, but even then, the difference is minor at best.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Huy Bui
I use my knee on the door and center console. I feel like i'm leaning a bike opposite. I won't be changing seats anytime soon so I am considering getting a CG Lock again 9 years after I trashed my last one in a wreck.

Old 09-25-2013, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
You ought to try making a fast right hand turn on 2 wheels on a sidecar rig.. Once you have it down it's fun but at first it's a terrifying experience.. Left turns aren't too bad until the back wheel leaves the ground followed by the front wheel lifting when it comes back down and you're on the throttle as you are trying to get pointed straight again.. It is something you eventually get used to though.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:13 PM
Really sorry to post on an old thread! I need some advice on which lowering spring set to go with. I was set on Swift springs for a while. They seem great for daily travel and just overall awesome ride. But honestly I feel like I wanted just a bit more of a drop. Right now I'm checking out DF210's, T1R's and Eibach's. I've read great things about all of those including Swift's. I'm just trying to decide which to run. I want springs that I can install on my stock struts and not worry about blowing them out, bottom out, etc. Also just a comfortable ride and not too bouncy. By the way I drive a Ge8. 2012 Honda Fit Sport. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide!

Old 07-06-2015, 01:54 AM
I know this thread is old, but I'm looking into getting some Swift springs and had some questions.

I want to lower the car just a bit. From what I've read, these lower the car about 1.2" F&R. I know this is kind of a weird question lol. Would you say these offer a ride too stiff for a baby?