3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

GK5 Honda Fit intake coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 04:59 PM
Anyone here getting the HPS CAI or SRI? Interested to how the install will be.

Old 02-25-2016, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by alnepo1028
Anyone here getting the HPS CAI or SRI? Interested to how the install will be.
No joy searching for the CAI part number. None of the distributors listed on their site appear to carry it yet.

es

Old 02-25-2016, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by stembridge
No joy searching for the CAI part number. None of the distributors listed on their site appear to carry it yet.

es
At 9:44pm, Eastern time. Convo with CarID.com customer service rep online chat....

You are now being connected to CARiD LiveChat. The estimate wait time is currently 4 minutes.
You are now chatting with 'Valery Ku'
Valery Ku: Hello, Kevin Thomas, how may I assist you today?

Kevin Thomas: Hello Valery Ku! I contacted HPS and they told me they have a cold air intake for the 2015 Honda Fit. The part number is 37-568-WB. Do you guys have this in stock (or can order it)? If so, how much is it? I know of a few people interested and can direct them to your site. Thanks

Valery Ku: Let me check it for you. Please bear with me for 5-8 minutes, so I can look into this request?

Kevin Thomas: Absolutely! No problem and thanks!

Valery Ku: Thank you for your hold, Kevin. Unfortunately we do not have a cold air intake under the tracking number 37-568-WB. You can check this item on eBay or Amazon.

Valery Ku: Is there any other product you are interested in?

Kevin Thomas: No, that is the only one. They stated their dealers would be carrying this item so I asked. Thanks a bunch!

Kevin Thomas: That is an order number

Kevin Thomas: Not a tracking number....it's the item number of the HPS cold air intake. Sorry if I confused you.

Valery Ku: You are welcome.

Kevin Thomas: Part number rather..sorry.

Valery Ku: Please specify the number and I will check it.

Kevin Thomas: Part Number: 37-568-WB.

Kevin Thomas: I figured it'd be in your database to be able to order it from them.

Valery Ku: Checking.

Valery Ku: I have checked this item again, however we do not have such part number in stock.

Valery Ku: Is there anything else I can help you with?
Kevin Thomas: Nope...that's it. Thanks!
Valery Ku: Thank you for contacting CARiD and have a great day!

It STILL doesn't looked like they checked to see if the item could be ordered but they do not have it in stock so....

Old 02-26-2016, 08:55 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for checking, Kevin… looks like we'll have to patiently wait a bit more!

es

Old 02-26-2016, 09:09 AM
5 Year Member
I tried to go through CARiD for the Weapon R intake...took them forever and they wanted over a hundred dollars more than I got it on eBay for. Try contacting Blake at Quality Vertical doors. He was very helpful and price could not have been beaten.
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
At 9:44pm, Eastern time. Convo with CarID.com customer service rep online chat....

You are now being connected to CARiD LiveChat. The estimate wait time is currently 4 minutes.
You are now chatting with 'Valery Ku'
Valery Ku: Hello, Kevin Thomas, how may I assist you today?

Kevin Thomas: Hello Valery Ku! I contacted HPS and they told me they have a cold air intake for the 2015 Honda Fit. The part number is 37-568-WB. Do you guys have this in stock (or can order it)? If so, how much is it? I know of a few people interested and can direct them to your site. Thanks

Valery Ku: Let me check it for you. Please bear with me for 5-8 minutes, so I can look into this request?

Kevin Thomas: Absolutely! No problem and thanks!

Valery Ku: Thank you for your hold, Kevin. Unfortunately we do not have a cold air intake under the tracking number 37-568-WB. You can check this item on eBay or Amazon.

Valery Ku: Is there any other product you are interested in?

Kevin Thomas: No, that is the only one. They stated their dealers would be carrying this item so I asked. Thanks a bunch!

Kevin Thomas: That is an order number

Kevin Thomas: Not a tracking number....it's the item number of the HPS cold air intake. Sorry if I confused you.

Kevin Thomas: Part number rather..sorry.

Valery Ku: Please specify the number and I will check it.

Kevin Thomas: Part Number: 37-568-WB.

Kevin Thomas: I figured it'd be in your database to be able to order it from them.

Valery Ku: Checking.

Valery Ku: I have checked this item again, however we do not have such part number in stock.

Valery Ku: Is there anything else I can help you with?
Kevin Thomas: Nope...that's it. Thanks!
Valery Ku: Thank you for contacting CARiD and have a great day!

It STILL doesn't looked like they checked to see if the item could be ordered but they do not have it in stock so....

Old 02-26-2016, 09:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by stembridge
Thanks for checking, Kevin… looks like we'll have to patiently wait a bit more!

es
You are welcome! You have WAY more patience than me. I'd call HPS Performance and ask if they could contact me with a dealer that has the CAI I want. I'm sure they don't want to lose customers to other intake brands based on mis-communication or delays.

I just contacted the first dealer I saw on their website. And honestly, I really don't think they checked to see if the item could be ordered, only that they didn't have it in stock.

Old 03-03-2016, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not sure if any of the dealers have the HPS intakes in yet, but it is available on their website. I'm most likely going to order the red CAI in the next month or so. If nobody beats me to it, I'll post my thoughts when it arrives. Total estimate shipped to me in NJ was $270.

Old 03-03-2016, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by scubastevo80
I'm not sure if any of the dealers have the HPS intakes in yet, but it is available on their website. I'm most likely going to order the red CAI in the next month or so. If nobody beats me to it, I'll post my thoughts when it arrives. Total estimate shipped to me in NJ was $270.

Funny you mentioned this. I saw you post and called them up. I asked the gentleman which dealership I could purchase the 2015 Honda Fit CAI from and he said that he didn't think it was ready yet. He said to call back in two weeks. Was really hesitant with quiet moments like he wasn't sure. Totally different than the other guy I talked to, who had the low down on everything. This guy didn't even know it was up on their website.

Well...here are their dyno results for their CAI --->

It's on their website but some of us maybe to lazy to look.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 03-03-2016 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:55 PM
HPS will be out soon, Im just waiting for final details and pricing from HPS. The are finishing up production and will be out soon

Old 03-03-2016, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
Funny you mentioned this. I saw you post and called them up. I asked the gentleman which dealership I could purchase the 2015 Honda Fit CAI from and he said that he didn't think it was ready yet. He said to call back in two weeks. Was really hesitant with quiet moments like he wasn't sure. Totally different than the other guy I talked to, who had the low down on everything. This guy didn't even know it was up on their website.

Well...here are their dyno results --->

It's on their website but some of us maybe to lazy to look.
5hp and 5tq on a 107whp motor for $250 is going to be tough to pass up. I know you've been doing a lot of work on your car, but I haven't seen anything else remotely worthwhile from a vendor at this point.

Old 03-24-2016, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
So has anyone purchased an HPS intake yet? Any reviews, pros/cons, good/bad you want to share?

Old 03-24-2016, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
So has anyone purchased an HPS intake yet? Any reviews, pros/cons, good/bad you want to share?
I'm close to pulling the trigger on the red CAI direct from HPS. Was hoping for the black wrinkle but it's out of stock. If I pickup I'll post a review.

Old 03-24-2016, 09:49 PM
jhn
I read it's for 6 speed only? That can't be right.

Old 03-24-2016, 09:49 PM
Installing it next week just waiting on it arriving, I will give all my results for you guys and I may hook up my AIT sensor reader to see temps with AEM and temps with the HPS

Old 03-24-2016, 09:50 PM
I just did the HKS Super Hybrid drop in air filter for $39 from HKSUSA.com. It was dyno tested on a Subaru brz @ 5hp. It definitely makes a different. I definitely have more power!!!

Old 03-24-2016, 09:51 PM
Yes only 6 speed

Old 03-24-2016, 09:52 PM
The engine breathes so beautifully now, its pure naturally aspirated unhindered music to the ears from idle to 6500rpms, no sound system needed at any time to distract from the engine symphony!!!

Old 03-26-2016, 02:05 PM
Doesn't the Fit's ECU eventually tune away any gains from upgrades? If so, I feel like bolt-on mods aren't really going to do anything until there are tuning solutions available.

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I hope I'm wrong ).

Old 04-07-2016, 09:40 AM
Anyone have pics?

Old 04-07-2016, 12:37 PM
After a week of driving the car feels really good, much better than the AEM unit, noticing carbon much more on the exhaust tip so the car is running more rich but you can feel the power and also hear a nice Vtec changeover.

Quick Reply: GK5 Honda Fit intake coming soon