3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 3rd Gen GK Honda Fit

Visual garage shark fin antenna

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GeorgeL
Looks pretty slick, but they could have made installation so much easier by just embedding a couple of neodymium magnets in the plastic shell! I really don't like gluing things to my paint.

I hand-wash my cars so I think I'll pass on this one.
easiest would have been Honda including a matching shark fin antenna on the Fit in the first place

Old 09-15-2014, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by sooznd
easiest would have been Honda including a matching shark fin antenna on the Fit in the first place
True, but most shark fin antennas also incorporate a preamp which also increases the cost. That's the only way that a little lump of an antenna can provide the same signal as an external antenna, even a shortie.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:54 AM
I just checked, and the website's links still all direct to the static "We are currently upgrading our website to provide you a better shopping experience."

I would kind of be concerned about their viability. There is no way an e-tail web site should be down for close to a month for an upgrade. You create all the new pages, then bring down the old site, and bring up the new within a couple of hours.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by acter
I just checked, and the website's links still all direct to the static "We are currently upgrading our website to provide you a better shopping experience."

I would kind of be concerned about their viability. There is no way an e-tail web site should be down for close to a month for an upgrade. You create all the new pages, then bring down the old site, and bring up the new within a couple of hours.
"The proof is in the pudding," as they say. Quite a few of us have bought from them and are satisfied. I want the steak, not the sizzle. There are many reasons why the website is not up and running, but all I care about is the product, which is excellent. I think my car looks so much better with it. My son's black Fit will also look good.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
"The proof is in the pudding," as they say. Quite a few of us have bought from them and are satisfied. I want the steak, not the sizzle. There are many reasons why the website is not up and running, but all I care about is the product, which is excellent. I think my car looks so much better with it. My son's black Fit will also look good.
Well, that is true, of course. I'm just coming at it from the end of having been in that business.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
Those of you who have the antenna for a while now, can you comment on the FM reception, please? Does it still seem to work as good as stock (or better)? I get lots of static w/ my stock antenna and wanted to upgrade, or try something new.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
Same as the beginning, I hear the radio all the mornings for about 30 min and works fine until now.

Luis
Honda Fit Sport 2013 - Vortex Blue Pearl

Old 09-18-2014, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by TofuShop
Those of you who have the antenna for a while now, can you comment on the FM reception, please? Does it still seem to work as good as stock (or better)? I get lots of static w/ my stock antenna and wanted to upgrade, or try something new.
Reception appears to be fine. I wouldn't say better. Just fine.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by noripwr
Reception appears to be fine. I wouldn't say better. Just fine.
Same here- reception is the same- I can get all the stations I usually listen to at the same level as before.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TofuShop
Mine is the same no issues, same quality as my stock antenna.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:53 AM
Where can i contact the seller of this antenna? Let me know thanks

Old 03-02-2015, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hondafitzuu
Where can i contact the seller of this antenna? Let me know thanks
Sales@visualgarage.com

Old 03-06-2015, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
Can I just order it from Amazon?

Amazon.com: 2012-2014 Honda CR-V Mark II Shark Fin Antenna (Custom Painted: Alabaster Silver Metallic NH700M/NH700M-4): Automotive Amazon.com: 2012-2014 Honda CR-V Mark II Shark Fin Antenna (Custom Painted: Alabaster Silver Metallic NH700M/NH700M-4): Automotive

It says its for the CRV but I'm guessing its probably the same thing??

BTW, has anyone with an EX-L w/nav ordered one? Any issues with nav or XM?

Old 03-09-2015, 03:40 PM
Can anyone attest to how these stay affixed over time? I'm in the Northeast and we see a ton of elements over here. I don't want to commit to a ~$90 piece of stick on plastic unless I know it's going to stay put.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lublin
Can anyone attest to how these stay affixed over time? I'm in the Northeast and we see a ton of elements over here. I don't want to commit to a ~$90 piece of stick on plastic unless I know it's going to stay put.
13,000 miles. Firm as the day it was installed - about seven months ago.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
Had it installed since October 2014 and went through 3 dozen auto machine car wash without any issues. Just follow the instructions and Im sure it will stay on until you forcefully remove it.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:46 PM
Thanks! Just placed my order!

Old 11-16-2015, 12:13 AM
Hate to bring up another old thread but has anyone dealt with this company lately? I'd love one of their antennas to match my WOP 2016 EX but I sent them an email a couple nights ago and haven't heard back yet. I'm not in a rush but many have mentioned how quick they respond. The site still doesn't work but if they're still putting out a quality product with matching paint, I'd be happy to drop the $80.

Old 11-16-2015, 12:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BeauDiddley
Hate to bring up another old thread but has anyone dealt with this company lately? I'd love one of their antennas to match my WOP 2016 EX but I sent them an email a couple nights ago and haven't heard back yet. I'm not in a rush but many have mentioned how quick they respond. The site still doesn't work but if they're still putting out a quality product with matching paint, I'd be happy to drop the $80.
Its available on Amazon if you'd like, but its more expensive. I ordered mine from Amazon because I had an Amazon gift card to burn.

Here is yours (it says Honda CRV but its the same thing, just double check that your paint code matches.)

Amazon.com: 2007-2015 Honda CRV Mark II Shark Fin Antenna [Custom Painted: White Orchid Pearl Tricoat NH788P]: Automotive Amazon.com: 2007-2015 Honda CRV Mark II Shark Fin Antenna [Custom Painted: White Orchid Pearl Tricoat NH788P]: Automotive

Old 11-16-2015, 12:33 AM
Thank you. I'll have to check the paint code in the morning but maybe someone will get me an Amazon card for Christmas to take the sting out of dropping $100 on an antenna. Lol

Quick Reply: Visual garage shark fin antenna