3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 3rd Gen GK Honda Fit

USDM vs JDM Spoiler Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
USDM vs JDM Spoiler Questions

Hi all,

I've been looking at pictures of the JDM hatch spoiler vs the USDM hatch spoiler and wanted to see if anyone in here would be able to confirm some information for me, please. Below are reference pics i randomly grabbed from Google images.

From my research, it looks like both the JDM RS spoiler and Mugen spoiler attach onto the JDM/ROW stubby spoiler and extends on top of it, correct? Does anyone have a part# for this?

Secondly, i was looking at my USDM spoiler, and it looks like there are two pieces. Has anyone taken theirs apart? Using the below diagram i found from Bernardi, it looks like there is indeed a top part of the wing and a bottom part for the USDM model. But it looks different from the JDM counterpart:

Appreciate any insight and if anyone has taken their rear spoiler off/apart yet. Thanks.

---

JDM/ROW base model stubby spoiler:

JDM RS spoiler:

Mugen spoiler:

USDM spoiler:

Old 03-11-2015, 10:16 PM
I've been looking all over for specs to help. Not finding much tho. Fitfreak member Jdmisme is selling something that might be of interest to you:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-Honda-Fit-Modulo-Trunk-Hatch-Boot-Spoiler-Wing-Rear-Roof-GK3-GK5-3rd-Gen-/271803289520?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f48bd0fb0
if nothing else he can maybe give you so good info on how it comes apart. Looks like there might be a part number there in one of the photos.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:25 AM
Here is another listing from Ebay for a JDM Honda Fit GK5 RS Rear Gate Spoiler

Some parts numbers there:
- 74900-T5B-901Z* (You can choose color of genuine.)
- 34270-T5A-J31 (High Mount)
- 74902-T5B-901Z* (Tail Gate Spoiler Lid)
- 74901-T5B-901Z* (Tail Gate Spoiler Center Lid)

Google images doesn't have much to show for these numbers however.

And the actual listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-JDM-Honda-Fit-GK5-RS-Rear-Gate-Spoiler-Genuine-OEM-/261810351653?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cf51cee25

Old 03-16-2015, 08:56 AM
5 Year Member
A little off topic, but what is up with the USDM rear bumper? I recently acquired a red 6MT Fit (like the one above) and never noticed the difference in the rear bumper until seeing these photos. The JDM rear bumper is so much more sleek.

On topic: Thanks for posing this question. I too have been curious about the JDM spoiler. I haven't taken mine apart, but I don't believe the USDM is two pieces. Well, there may be two pieces, but I believe it's only really one piece. If you look at the rear hatch there is a metal part and a plastic part, the metal is the hatch it'self and the plastic is the spoiler. What I'm seeing from the photos above is that the JDM stubby spoiler is similar to our stubby spoiler and the RS spoiler would replace the stubby spoiler all together, but this is all speculation.

Old 03-16-2015, 04:42 PM
Yeah the JDM one drops almost right off of the tail hatch. It looks really nice and smooth. The US market one has about a 3" ledge. Its usually the dirtiest part of my car. I believe I read that it's done this way for the US crash test standards. The front and the back get a bit beefier structure to better take when the texting soccer mom slams into you with her SUV.

Many people with the previous generation Fits, as you probably know, have done JDM front and rear conversions in order to get this sleeker look you mentioned.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
found two pics on IG. from these angles, it looks like the RS spoiler bolts on top of the JDM stubby:

any ROW owners can confirm how the RS spoiler attaches? with detailed pictures from multiple angles?

Old 03-19-2015, 09:39 PM
Found a J's Racing Spoiler on Go Tuning's Facebook page:

Name:  1899750_894333377295931_7799186263369906455_o.jpg
Views: 7188
Size:  52.3 KB

Old 03-20-2015, 08:39 AM
5 Year Member
I like the JDM/ROW 'stubby' spoiler! Might have to poke around and see if anyone's willing to sell one in the US… Would love to replace my rear bumper with the short JDM, but that would also require replacing all the 'hard' stuff underneath, which could get expensive.

es

Old 03-20-2015, 09:25 PM
Yeah, I'm with ya on both counts. The stubby and a JDM rear bumper conversion. I'm curious to see what USDM and JDMs look like w/o the bumper attached.

Old 03-21-2015, 08:34 AM
5 Year Member
Here's a video showing installation of a Torklift hitch on a GK, in which they remove the rear shell and metal bumper underneath (the hitch bolts up to the same mounting points). Doesn't look too involved, and I wouldn't expect the body shell itself to be different between JDM/USDM.

es

Old 03-21-2015, 08:48 AM
5 Year Member
I *think* this is the correct rear bumper cover: link

Would have to contact them to verify, as well as see if they could get the metal bumper for underneath…

es

Old 03-21-2015, 09:23 AM
5 Year Member
if you goto the Spoon GK5 build thread, on page 1 they give what is needed to do a jdm bumper conversion. The rear is a direct swap (nothing underneath changes). for the front bumper, you need to change the bumper support and the washer reservoir tank

Old 04-04-2015, 11:10 AM
I personally want the JDM RS spoiler for my GK, not sure how I like the more flush rear bumper but good to know it is an easy swap!

Also, keeping part of your post #5 in my sig forever robertsmith lol

Old 04-04-2015, 06:08 PM
Haha Slick. I'm a dumbass

You've got expensive tastes btw. Very nice tho

Old 04-05-2015, 09:50 AM
hey I didn't say i'd be getting the spoiler anytime soon, just that I want it haha

Maybe when I finish my Civic projects and get rid of it...

Old 04-06-2015, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
CF Spec makes a RS replica at less than half the price of OEM in abs plastic:
Rear Spoiler - CF-Spec Carbon

Old 04-21-2015, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
I just posted a thread on removing the USDM rear spoiler 'wing' to expose the "stubby" spoiler underneath. A JDM third brake light will have to be sourced to make it work, presuming the electrical and washer fluid line connections will transfer.

es

Old 05-30-2015, 06:47 PM
I have this Modulo spoiler and can verify for certain that it does not fit the 2015 USDM GK Fit. Once the spoiler is removed, you have to unplug the third brake light and the hose for the washer fluid. The two screw holes that the Modulo uses DO NOT line up with the USDM model nor do the clips on the inside. Major modification needed to get it to work.

Major bummer. Somebody who can make molds needs to make a cool spoiler like the ones for previous Fit and civic hatch back models. I bet whoever makes one first will make a killing as they will be the only ones right now. I don't think we can count on JDM spoilers, lip kits, etc

Originally Posted by robertsmithfromthecure
I've been looking all over for specs to help. Not finding much tho. Fitfreak member Jdmisme is selling something that might be of interest to you:

JDM Honda Fit Modulo Trunk Hatch Boot Spoiler Wing Rear Roof GK3 GK5 3rd Gen | eBay

if nothing else he can maybe give you so good info on how it comes apart. Looks like there might be a part number there in one of the photos.

Old 05-30-2015, 06:54 PM
I have this Modulo spoiler and can verify for certain that it does not fit the 2015 USDM GK Fit. Once the spoiler is removed, you have to unplug the third brake light and the hose for the washer fluid. The two screw holes that the Modulo uses DO NOT line up with the USDM model nor do the clips on the inside. Major modification needed to get it to work.

Major bummer. Somebody who can make molds needs to make a cool spoiler like the ones for previous Fit and civic hatch back models. I bet whoever makes one first will make a killing as they will be the only ones right now. I don't think we can count on JDM spoilers, lip kits, etc

Originally Posted by robertsmithfromthecure

JDM Honda Fit Modulo Trunk Hatch Boot Spoiler Wing Rear Roof GK3 GK5 3rd Gen | eBay

Old 05-30-2015, 07:39 PM
Yeah wow, that really sucks. I am really losing interest in trying to find anything that will fit our USDM GK5s. I hate that all the great Mugen / Modulo stuff is unavailable to us without major pain.

Quick Reply: USDM vs JDM Spoiler Questions