3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Issue with cleaning windows in the mornings (condensation/precipitation)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
Issue with cleaning windows in the mornings (condensation/precipitation)

Hi All,

Surprisingly I find the early morning water condensation precipitation on the 2015 Honda Fit more problematic to clear/clean than on my other cars - especially the front driver and passenger windows.

While its always easy to clean any water condensation on the front windshield by running the wipers. Generally condensation on the windows can be cleaned by opening/running down the windows. On the 2015 Honda Fit this happens relatively well on the back windows. But in the front the windows do not seem to touch the rubber/cloth properly to clean the windows, which means I need to manually clean them everyday before I start driving (along with the rear view mirrors).

Do any of you have this issue? (is it a defect on my vehicle - and whats the best way to fix it)? Or is there some other solution better solution to clean/clear up the morning condensation?

Thanks.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:36 PM
Those gasket things aren't really designed to wipe water off the side windows, but rather to keep dust and leaves and such out of the door and to seal with the mechanism/mounting on the bottom of the window to keep water out when the window is rolled up. It doesn't sound like your car is defective.

A garage is one way to help prevent condensation on the windows—at least, it works well for me. Probably that's not the answer you're looking for. A product like Rain-X might help.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:59 PM
Luckily I live in a pretty dry place, but I did notice this issue after we had a pretty rainy day. It took forever to clear the condensation.

I don't have a solution, but I'll be watching this thread.

And garage is not currently an option for me, sadly...

Old 04-07-2015, 08:30 PM
Whenever mine actually has condensation I just let the wind whip it off, usually works fine as long as you can get up to ~45mph where you live- I can on the road I live on so it's a non-issue for me

Rain-x definitely helps that process- I have to use it every month or so on my old civic but haven't needed to do it on the fit yet (have only had it 16 days and about 1100 miles so far). Rain X makes a world of difference on side and rear windows around town (97 civic + 99 camry), I use the spray bottle.

Rain X also makes a anti fog product that works well for interior- but if it does fog, you need towels to clear it

Last edited by Slick15EX; 04-07-2015 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:01 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the Rain-X option, did not know it exists. Hope it came as a coating, so it would not have to be put every month.

What bothered me is the issue is not present on the rear windows (as they touch the rubber/cloth) and get fairly cleaned up. And also other cars did not have this issue even for front windows.