3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

2016 EX-L CVT - Passion Berry Pearl

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 04:56 AM
5 Year Member
Cool 2016 EX-L CVT - Passion Berry Pearl

Hi there!

My wife recently got a 2016 Honda Fit EX-L with CVT, in the great color Passion Berry Pearl. It's my first time having a Honda Fit in the household and feel like it's an amazing car packed with features in its class. I've owned a EF Civic hatch, 2000 Civic EX coupe, and now a 2006 Honda S2000. She loves the car and we hope to have as much fun with it on the mountain roads and track days as we do with the S2000. The S is the weekend car, while the Fit will be our daily warrior.

We look forward with continuing our build. We do a lot of mountain cruises on the weekends and hope to upgrade the car in many ways. Just recently installed the door visors, and I am hoping to add the Progress Rear Sway bar soon. I haven't seen a whole lot of tastefully modified Passion Berry Pearl Fits, so I hope to contribute to the community with this one. We plan on adding some parts from the Mugen catalog as well as Spoon. (we're a fan of big spoilers, haha).

I did have a chance to drive my buddy's 2009 Fit on Thunderhill Raceway here in Northern California, and its pretty much stock except for the rear sway bar addition. His was a manual which I wish mine was, and it was a blast to drive taking on the windy course. I hope to bring out our Fit to the track real soon!

Old 10-15-2016, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to the Fit Family! JHN autocrosses his Fit, as do I (there are probably others I'm forgetting) - is that the kind of racing you're doing, or something else? The rear bar will make a noticeable difference either way, and it's a super-easy mod.

es

Old 10-15-2016, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
I've done a few autocross events as well. I prefer the track these days as its more track time for the money, but I'm willing to do a AutoX in the Fit. Hopefully I'll find time for that soon!

Old 10-17-2016, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
Nice to see you start a journal! I'll be following for sure
And looking forward to seeing how that rear bar will benefit.

Also, let us know if it improves the bouncing in the rear. When I test drove the fit, some of my passengers told me in the back it felt bouncy.

By the way, you seem to have cool neighbors. I spot a Miata <3

Old 11-26-2016, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
Just added some door visors to it. Looking forward to changing some of the bulbs to LEDs...and contemplating the pillar LED tail light replacement

Last edited by GPW AP2; 02-05-2017 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 02:23 AM
5 Year Member

Got a few upgrades in for our lovely Fit since the last update!

Red H badges, front and back (OEM Honda)
Visual Garage Mark II Sharkfin Antenna (comes pre-painted in Passion Berry Pearl)
Progress Rear Sway Bar

Me and the wifey are hoping to make this Fit the best looking Passion Berry Pearl out there Love the new rear sway...I definitely felt the difference taking it on some fast windy curves. The car just feels more planted under throttle in some tight corners. Next items up are hopefully some HIDs, yellow vinyl film for the foglights, and perhaps lowering springs or coilovers.

Old 02-26-2017, 02:46 AM
5 Year Member
i saw this color in person and tbh, i'm quite the fan of it. Good to see you're doing things to the Fit.

Old 10-30-2019, 12:39 AM
5 Year Member
Hi again FitFreaks!

Sorry for the long wait between updates. I do have a lot of new goodies in store.

So we got rear-ended by an F-150 back in October, and since we were not at fault, the insurance took care of us. Took it as the perfect opportunity to do some upgrades. Enter the 2019 model year rear bumper, brand new, as well as getting the shop to do a recently purchased RS wing.

Then came the matter of removing the stock spoiler and installing the new RS wing. We got lucky with the RS wing as it had a little cutout as to where to put the wiper nozzle. It wasn't easy, but I reused some components of the stock hosing and joints to create a worthwhile solution. It will stream out a burst of fluid but not jet it as the jet nozzle that was in the stock spoiler couldn't be installed in way without serious modification. I also had to cut some wires and splice the red/green wires together and the two black wires together, and the tail light on the spoiler works perfectly.

The spoiler is just held up with a lot of 3M tape. I didn't trust the 3M tape provided by the seller, so I got my one and made sure to leave the car in the garage overnight. Once done, I also swapped the chrome trunk garnish with a fellow Fit member to get their black LX grille instead.

I believe its the only 2019-style rear bumper done in Passion Berry Pearl for now! More to come next week as there will be upgrades in the front as well!

Last edited by GPW AP2; 11-20-2019 at 01:53 AM.
Old 10-30-2019, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator
Very nice looking!!! '19 rear bumper is the perfect one! Wish they had that design from the onset instead of the "fake" black air dams.
Keep posting your pic updates.

Old 10-31-2019, 09:00 AM
5 Year Member
Nice combo with the new bumper and RS wing!

Old 10-31-2019, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
looking good! I'm jealous, I wish I had a 2018+ rear end

IF .... I had that rear, I would so slap on one of the following:

Old 11-07-2019, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
Thank you all! I still hadn't found the time to attach the new additions on the car. The Fit sport rear diffuser is a direct bolt on, but we'd have to source other parts with a red highlight, which really doesn't fit with Passion Berry Pearl.

A sneak peek! Hopefully installed by this weekend. This is the Mugen replica front and side lip kits that are soooo expensive on eBay. Got these from a local Fit owner who had bought them when they were a lot cheaper.

Old 11-07-2019, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
or, delete the red highlight with plastidip or something

jealous of the skirts! looking forward to seeing it all on your car

Old 11-10-2019, 02:11 AM
5 Year Member
The full kit is on finally. In a span of a few weeks, this stock looking 2016 GK5 Passion Berry Pearl has been transformed!

Additions:
Front Mugen lip
Mugen sideskirts
RS Wing
Model year 2018-2019 OEM Honda Fit rear bumper
Swapped chrome EX trunk garnish for gloss black LX garnish

Really proud how far it has come. Coming soon: new vanity custom license plate (black w/ yellow lettering), new rear Honda H red badge, maybe wheels?

I was able to fill in the holes created by taking out the USDM spoiler. Used a custom S2000 door lockkey covers and pasted them on the holes instead with some 3M tape.

Also, my armrest clip broke not too long ago. I was able to 3D print the part and fix the issue!

Update: The pic shows how you should insert the spring correctly.

Last edited by GPW AP2; 11-10-2019 at 11:28 AM.
Old 11-10-2019, 05:16 AM
5 Year Member
Your car is looking great man. Some fresh wheels will really make the car look even better. Maybe a drop in ride height if your into that.

Old 11-10-2019, 11:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Your car is looking great man. Some fresh wheels will really make the car look even better. Maybe a drop in ride height if your into that.
all in due time

Old 11-10-2019, 03:39 PM
Nice, very nice. Can I borrow your 3D printer?

Old 11-14-2019, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member
would you mind sharing the file for the 3d print in the big K.I.S.S. thread? that will come in handy for the next person who breaks it

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...nce-guide.html

Old 11-15-2019, 01:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
would you mind sharing the file for the 3d print in the big K.I.S.S. thread? that will come in handy for the next person who breaks it

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...nce-guide.html
Sure, its not my file though but it helps!

Old 11-23-2019, 03:24 AM
5 Year Member

Today (2019) vs. 1st day from the dealership in 2016

Gotta love the new black vanity plate to replace the white normal ones!

Quick Reply: 2016 EX-L CVT - Passion Berry Pearl