3rd Generation GK Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 3rd generation Honda Fit (GK)

Friend's 2015 LX lowered on Swift springs for GE! (2nd Gen Fit) - Pix + review

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 04:43 AM
5 Year Member
Friend's 2015 LX lowered on Swift springs for GE! (2nd Gen Fit) - Pix + review

We did it! Thanks to bbigmouthh's thread where we discovered that Tein sold GE and GK springs under the same part number:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...5-lowered.html

I decided to take a gamble and had my friend pick up some used Swift lowering springs. He was complaining that his Fit lacked the handling finesse he was used to from my 08' Fit equipped with coilover suspension, 225/50R15 tires and Progress Rear Sway bar.
He wanted a subtle drop, a still compliant ride but with less wallow and roll in corners and less of a floaty feel.
I have heard only good things about Swift and always wanted to test out a set first hand from stock to Swift, so this would be the perfect opportunity.

Install:
Smooth as butter! No mods needed to fit them on the car, everything is straightforward if you know how to install lowering springs!

Drop:
Very very nice, it's subtle but just visually noticeable enough to give the Fit a more aggressive look. 25% less mini-van appearance!

Ride:
There were no visible bump stops on the shock when I installed the springs, so I am not sure if they were made internally in the shock body or there are no bump stops. In any case I did tap the frame or something rather lightly while testing over some MEAN speed bumps, but other than that I did not ever feel the car smack against bump stops.

Stock ride was a bit bouncy to me, it was not transmitting much road feedback, rather it was randomly bobbing up and down for no reason. The car also liked to nose dive under strong braking, I predicted that the stock springs are a bit soft for the shocks, and that the shocks could handle slightly higher rates. The Swift springs feel a LITTLE bit too strong for the stock shocks, but only very slightly and its weakness is only apparent over large movements and bumps on the road. Otherwise, it matches up to the shocks better than the OEM springs do.

GONE is the floatiness, it will transmit genuine road information into the car, but definitely not too much. The car will exhibit a firm, responsive road demeanor similar to a sporty car and the floppy nature of the stock Fit almost completely subsides. Over moderate bumps and bruises on the road, the car still eats them up with breeze with no awkward suspension noises. During aggressive cornering, the car is MUCH more planted and poised. Brake dive reduced a great deal too, I can stop with moderate pressure and not have to taper off the brakes to counteract nose dive, it makes stopping hard a lot more positive and enjoyable.

PICTURES:
The driver's side on the first few photos shows a Dynamics Racing 17" wheel, unknown width and offset, but I would assume it is roughly 7" wide with an offset around 40-50 and 205/40R17 tires.

The passenger side in the first few photos show Buddy Club P1 Racing wheels. They are 16x7 with an offset of 40 or 42, 225/50R16 tires are mounted on them. Obviously 225 width tires are MASSIVE, the rear fenders ate up the rubber just fine, but the front is shamelessly protruding. You would definitely need to dial in some front camber and/or roll and pull the fenders if you are looking for low offset or wide tires. But I was able to do full lock turns no problem, I did NOT go over speed bumps or drive over 25mph for obvious reasons, I didn't want to destroy the brand new fenders. We simply wanted to see how it would look and determine what the car could handle.

Although the car is now back on stock hub caps and tires, the car with aftermarket low profile tires felt MUCH more responsive during cornering. I would highly recommend lower profile tires for people desiring more crisp handling response. And without further delay, PICTURES ARE HERE!

Name:  DSCN0476_zps8f233226.jpg
Views: 3489
Size:  129.2 KB
Name:  DSCN0478_zps1c7245e9.jpg
Views: 1673
Size:  141.1 KB
Name:  DSCN0479_zps150c92e5.jpg
Views: 1265
Size:  149.1 KB
Name:  DSCN0480_zpsf9380282.jpg
Views: 1176
Size:  146.6 KB
Name:  DSCN0487_zps1490dca3.jpg
Views: 1271
Size:  128.1 KB

Last edited by accordguyintake; 10-06-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:28 AM
5 Year Member
you did this just for test fitment, right? because your rear tire is on backwords...

it does look pretty cool though

Originally Posted by accordguyintake

Old 10-06-2014, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
Yes, we drove the car for less than a mile. I was more worried about having 16s on one side and 17s on the other, as it might throw off the stability control haha

Old 10-06-2014, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
This is F'n perfect! I've been waiting to purchase swift springs until I saw some pics and had confirmation they worked. Thanks!!

Old 10-06-2014, 12:49 PM
So Sweet !!!!!!!!!! I like 17 xD

Old 10-06-2014, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
How did it feel compared to the Tein springs on your car? Obviously different wheels/tires but still, any dramatic difference?
Did you measure the actual drop on the swift springs?

Last edited by Superfly; 10-06-2014 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member
Unfortunately we were in a rush to put them on so we didn't get to measure the actual drop, but rest assured that it is visible and you will not have any major ground clearance issues! It really is a perfect drop for the daily driver.

Well, I have Buddy Club coilovers on my 08' Fit with custom spring rates (lower for more comfort!) 6k front and 6k rear. Of course with those and the rear sway bar, it is a lot more solid through turns.
BUT, I prefer the Swift on stock shocks on the 2015 for a daily drive. It still handles better than stock springs, and feels almost the same as stock ride over decent roads, minus the random bobbing I mentioned that the stock car has. The only time the car will get unsettled are unsightly potholes and large drops and crests, but I only experienced maybe 2-3 instances of that over a 100 mile trek.

Honestly with the Swift Springs and some 205/50R16 tires, it will transform the car just enough! It's like having a Fit Si! It has that OEM-Sport feel to it now

Old 01-26-2015, 03:46 PM
Any updates on this? I'm interested in getting GE8's Swift Springs (maybe I can pick them up used on this forum) and wanted to see if your friend was still liking his? What size wheel did he finally go with?

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-28-2015, 09:51 AM
5 Year Member
So all you did was put new springs on all around or just in the front? the floaty feeling is already something we want to remedy ASAP on the 2015 EX-L we just bought.

We have the stock 16" alloys on it and definitely need better tires.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:43 PM
He put used GE8 springs all around I would imagine. They make Swift springs for the 2015 model now tho. It would be better to get the ones made for your model Fit.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
I totally agree, the GE springs are actually a bit too soft for the GK, which makes it sometimes easy to scrape the undercarriage over big bumps and dips! Not a huge issue but the GK Swift springs will probably help reduce that problem.