Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

How hard is it to replace the front spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 05:23 AM
How hard is it to replace the front spoiler?

Can anyone give me an idea of how hard it is to replace the very front spoiler assembly on my Fit?

Does it just clip in or screw in?

any insight on that would be much appreciated.

I'll post some pictures of the damage tomorrow

Last edited by mikethewxguy; 09-05-2007 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:57 AM
Retired Moderator
You gotta take off the front bumper to remove the front lip. There are a few screws behind the bumper that require a small socket set. They are screwed in at a weird angle so you can't get to it unless the front bumper comes off, but that is really easy in itself.

Old 08-22-2007, 05:01 PM
Thanks Illusive...I'll see what I can do...

Old 08-22-2007, 05:42 PM
Retired Moderator
I can give you some more details, sorry about the basic reply, I was a bit busy this morning. As for removal, you must have the sport, the first thing I would do is remove the fog lights.

A Philips Screwdriver is all you need. Remove the two screws on the inside of the lower grille that hold the foglights to the bumper. They simply come out towards you. There is a little lip on the other end of the fog light that holds the other side in place. Pull it out a little and you can reach behind and do 1 of 2 things:
1. remove the harness (this is what I do) by pushing in on the harness and pulling it downwards.
2. twist the bulb and pull it out of the fog light. Make sure you don't touch the bulb if you do this method.

Now that the fogs are gone, you can take off the bumper. I would refer to koolkevin's writeup as it has pictures, but essentially you need to remove 2 bolts in the fender well to detach the bumper from the fender (philips), then 2 screws underneath the front of the car (philips again). koolkevin's writeup has a picture of this. There are also 4 clips on the bottom that you will have to remove. A flathead screwdriver will do the trick, just need to get it inbetween the middle and the outside and twist to pop them open. There are two on either side. One pair is right along the black plastic piece that prevents scraping...the clip holds the bumper, undercarriage crap, and fender plastic together. The other two are inbetween the screw and the outer clips.

Now pop your hood and remove the 4 clips above the grille.

Now you can tug on either side of the bumper to release the pressure clips and voila! Bumper is off!

Now to remove the stock lip, take out the screws with a Philips on either side of the lip. I think one or two on each side, cant remember. Then look between the bottom of the bumper on the inside and the lower grille. Youll notice I think 4 or 5 hex screws that you need to unscrew to remove the front lip. Use a smaller socket set and you shouldn't have any problems removing the lip from the bumper.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:03 AM
very easy to take off! i curbed mine as well and took me lesss than 20 mins to do it the 1st time.
i still havent fixed it so you see two big holes in front of sport front bumper where the spoiler would cover.

taking off bumper is not nessesary. get up under there take off a bunch of clips and get a short 10mm for a few bolts. i found the "how to" here somewhere.
good luck!
how much is it going to cost you to get it repainted?

Old 08-23-2007, 10:24 AM
edit - see below for images

Last edited by mikethewxguy; 09-05-2007 at 09:09 PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:05 AM
your so lucky its just that

mine is worse! having that messed up lost my motivation to keep the car clean...sucks huh.
can you give me website on where you found lip for around 220? i had one but i never saved it and inner fenderwell. i need that too.

i dont know what im going to do.the inner lip of the bumper where the two screws of the lip go on too snapped right off on my accident. hopefully some auto body can rig it up somehow without it being noticable.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Inner Fenders: $34.35 (don't forget the screws/clips also!)

https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hond...omponent=B++50

Front Spoiler Assembly: $203.73 (Don't forget the screws/clips!)

https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hond...omponent=B++46

I'm not sure how much shipping is, when I checked last week it was around $20-$30 for everything I was gonna order. I have not ordered as of yet...

Mike