Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

JDM red badge DIY *warning* lots of pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
JDM red badge DIY *warning* lots of pics

MODS, please DO NOT merge this with the other JDM badge sticky. after reading through the other thread, i thought making this was very necessary since it was very confusing and had information scattered throughout it.
get your badges. these are the ones you want, and the part numbers. i got mine from JDMland.com for about $85 shipped.

front:

rear:

pry off the front emblem. you could take the bumper off and unscrew it to pop it off, but why bother. if you ever need to put the OEM emblems back on, there probably $5 at your local dealer.

emblem removed:

JDM emblem size comparison. notice how the red badge is slightly smaller.

next, you must cut the 2 pins off the back of the JDM emblem. any pair of cutting pliers will do the trick.

before you can stick the badge on, you must sand down the front mounting pad so that it is flat.from the factory is has a slight curve to it. i used a dremel and had it done in a few minutes. make sure the area is clean of any debris and wiped down clean.

peel off the sticker backing and stick the emblem on. make sure its centered though. there will be about 1/2 centimeter around the badge due to its size being smaller than the stock badge.

to do the rear badge, look between the hatch and opening handle you can see 2 white pins sticking down (not in my pic) but they are in that area. break them off using a flat headed screw driver and tapping on it with a hammer. it will not take much force to break them. once both are broken, the badge will pretty much fall off

comparison of the JDM badge and OEM badge. nearly identical size.

the pins in the back of the JDM badge that need to be clipped off:

after removed:

clean the area of any dirt where the OEM badge was and stick the JDM one on. make sure its centered.

Last edited by NIGHTHAWKSI; 03-22-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
Well done, A+ on the picture

Old 03-21-2008, 08:54 PM
How hard is it to take the Rear emblem off without breaking the pegs? I actually want to repaint mine flat black.

The pictures are awesome though. Thanks. I think this should be stickied in place of the other thread.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
^i didnt even bother trying to not break the pegs. it would probably require removing the interior panel of the hatch though.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:52 PM
Nice write up. I wish i had this when i put mine on. haha. I didnt even do the rear cause it was to hard to understand and i didnt want to destroy anything. If i may add something to the OP, you may want to put down where you can find the emblems seeing that question will prob come up in the future(it always does). jdmland.com is what i used. Just a thought. Rep+ for a great write up with great pics

Old 03-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
Nice write up. I wish i had this when i put mine on. haha. I didnt even do the rear cause it was to hard to understand and i didnt want to destroy anything. If i may add something to the OP, you may want to put down where you can find the emblems seeing that question will prob come up in the future(it always does). jdmland.com is what i used. Just a thought. Rep+ for a great write up with great pics

I bought mine off ebay, just make sure the seller you are buying from is selling legit products and you'll be okay

Old 03-21-2008, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
wow I cant believe ppl need a DIY thread for this mod

Old 03-21-2008, 11:53 PM
damn it

I was hoping the front and rear "H" emblems were just stick ons liek the "fit", if there was no holes I would just remove the emblems all together.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
Great write up. I definately do this now, i'm just a little bit scared of breaking off things and i may want to go back to oem at some point.

Also, how hard is it to take off the "fit" badge? And, how much do you think a body shop would charge to do all of this? Oh and finaly do the red emblems stick well? Like they arn't going anywhere in rain or anything right?

Geez i'm paranoid.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:39 AM
Banned
O' for surrr that was sooo much differnt than all the rest of the posts thanks much????

Old 03-22-2008, 09:54 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by goodyonsen
Also, how hard is it to take off the "fit" badge? And, how much do you think a body shop would charge to do all of this? Oh and finaly do the red emblems stick well? Like they arn't going anywhere in rain or anything right?

Geez i'm paranoid.

The Fit badge is kind of a bitch, you gotta get some floss or fishing string behind it and saw off the badge with that, then remove the tape. Don't take it to a body shop I have full confidence that you can do this.

Old 03-22-2008, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by yeamans17
The Fit badge is kind of a bitch, you gotta get some floss or fishing string behind it and saw off the badge with that, then remove the tape. Don't take it to a body shop I have full confidence that you can do this.
Does it leave any residue behind? Could you put it back on the car if you wanted to with some 3M adhesive? Thanks man, I think ill got this.

Old 03-22-2008, 01:15 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by goodyonsen
Does it leave any residue behind? Could you put it back on the car if you wanted to with some 3M adhesive? Thanks man, I think ill got this.

It did leave some adhesive, it I just rubbed it off with some goo gone. Mine broke when I took it off, but if you can get it to come off without braking it would go back on. I used masking tape to outline it so I could put the JDM badge in the exact same position

Old 03-23-2008, 01:38 AM
When I took the fit emblem off it was about 40 degrees outside and took 5 maybe 10 minuets total. It came off very easy and in 1 piece. Take some dental floss slide it in between the logo and the hatch and just kinda work the floss back and forth while putting a bit of goo gone on it. Once thats off just use goo gone to get the left over tape off (held on with double sided tape). Then just use some soap and water to clean that area up when your finished and thats all there is to it.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Darkstars
When I took the fit emblem off it was about 40 degrees outside and took 5 maybe 10 minuets total. It came off very easy and in 1 piece. Take some dental floss slide it in between the logo and the hatch and just kinda work the floss back and forth while putting a bit of goo gone on it. Once thats off just use goo gone to get the left over tape off (held on with double sided tape). Then just use some soap and water to clean that area up when your finished and thats all there is to it.
you have any pics with the fit emblem off??

Old 03-23-2008, 03:04 PM
not at the moment no.

ubt my springs and wheels should be coming next week and the snow should be gone by then, so photoshoot coming soon

Old 03-23-2008, 03:36 PM
GREAT WRITE UP !!!!! not to mention i was wondering how they would look on the black def going to do this now thank you. ps saw you live in NY land of the worst dmv in the country hahahah i moved back to chicago while i still could

Old 03-23-2008, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
did you just cut your pins off??

i ended up just sanding down the crap outta the pins. That way worked well too..

about debadging the fit emblem. i was just like wth and did it. I love how it looks now. Just having my JDM honda badge in the back is all i need.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
thanks for the heads up, now i will go out an get myself a rear badge and fit it with confidence...

Old 03-24-2008, 07:10 AM
5 Year Member
thanks for the compliments everyone.
as far as the fit badge removal, just use some fishing line between the hatch and the emblem and "saw" it off. rub your finger (with a good amount of pressure) over any glue residue and it will remove anything. go over it with a good polish to remove any scratches or extra glue, then wax.

Quick Reply: JDM red badge DIY *warning* lots of pics