Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Home Made Grill

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 09:02 PM
Home Made Grill

it took a whole day about 12+ hrs to complete the job but still need little touch up for a completely flush look to it. instead of spending lots of $$$ for the grille, bumper, and paint job, what i've done just cost me $30 ain't that sweet. now all of you can try this at home but be very careful otherwise you might end up buy a whole new bumper. OMG i just luv it so much now heres some pics enjoy

Old 11-02-2006, 09:04 PM

Old 11-02-2006, 09:08 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
thoes rims look familiar lol only mine are bronze. nice grille man love it! when is the DIY goin to be posted?

Old 11-03-2006, 03:02 AM
Should be nice with high-gloss black paint... (just my opinions). But good idea and very clean. nice works!

Last edited by epin; 11-03-2006 at 03:06 AM.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:56 AM
5 Year Member
That looks very nice! Smooth. Are those Heliums 'gold' or 'bronze'? Looking good!

Old 11-03-2006, 11:04 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
thoes are the gold ones, i got bronze

Old 11-04-2006, 02:36 AM
i was considering the bronze until i saw the gold and matched it w/NHBP and thats my style. with the DIY , i can't give much instructions coz i didn't take any pic befor hand but i'll give you some pointers. FIRST off i bought a sheet of aluminum netting coz it won't rust on me, flat black paint and instead of using hot glue knowing it won't stay put too well i end up using some windows sillicone filler that can with stand hight temp. bought it at HOME DEPOT. then remove the bumper and the both the top and bottom grille. you will notice the bottom section will be easiest since it' completely flat, just trim the netting to have it slide in flat then bend the extended wiring to create a glove that can stay onto bumper w/o any support. finally glue it in place and you're done w/the lower section. now with the top, once the grille is out you can see a center peice and notice an outline. what i did is trimed whole lower outline to make it a nice flat surface. take your time and try not to go through the bumper coz it'll cost you.then i trim the upper portion flat to remove the center peice. then place a net on top to make a mold to trim the wire net and be sure to leave enough room for the wire net to fold inward like the bottom grille so you can glue it to the bumper. you can slow trim the upper portion to help create a certain degree of angle. for me i trimed the upper portion as much as i can so that you cant see that much of an angle that will appear. good luck to all of yall who want to try but i will really recomend you just remove the bumper and all the grille and think of how you want to do it before you start working on it. it took me and a friend an hour to think of what to do like what needs trimming and how much. only down side to this project is the stock or any aftermaket grille won't fit properly w/o extra efforts. good luck