Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Progress Auto Rear Anti-Sway bar! WITH DIY PHOTOS PAGE 5!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
There is interest here for sure! Thanks--
Cool. I'll talk to my friend here soon and see what he thinks. PM me or reply here if interested in a group buy.

Old 02-09-2007, 10:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter
Cool. I'll talk to my friend here soon and see what he thinks. PM me or reply here if interested in a group buy.
Count me in on a GB.

Old 02-09-2007, 10:58 AM
Bap
5 Year Member
intrested depends on price for group buy.

Old 02-09-2007, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bap
intrested depends on price for group buy.

X2 on that

Old 02-09-2007, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by claymore
Alf74 send all the pictures you want the part inside the rear axle housing is a TORSION bar not a sway bar. Look it up in the manual. The front has a sway bar and the rear is torsion bar suspension.
Don't make me laugh!!!!!
Two days ago you didn't know it exists....
this is the first article I found

Rock, But Don't Roll National Dragster - Find Articles

An anti-roll bar, or anti-sway bar as it's also called, is a torsion bar!!!!
I don't want to go on, but you lost an occasion to demonstrate your humility....
Torsion bar suspension is another thing...
Torsion beam suspension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by alf74; 02-09-2007 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
Just spoke to Joey at progress. They are doing the final test of the bar and coilovers as i write this. Hopefully he will send me some pics today.

Old 02-10-2007, 02:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by alf74
Don't make me laugh!!!!!
Two days ago you didn't know it exists....
this is the first article I found

Rock, But Don't Roll National Dragster - Find Articles

An anti-roll bar, or anti-sway bar as it's also called, is a torsion bar!!!!
I don't want to go on, but you lost an occasion to demonstrate your humility....
Torsion bar suspension is another thing...
Torsion beam suspension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Don't get too cocky just yet -- Claymore is right, the Fit does not have, and never has had, a rear anti-roll bar. What your looking at it is the torsion beam that makes up the rear suspension, which, while it does act as an anti-roll bar to a certain extent, is not the same thing as a true separate rear anti-roll bar.

The Fit also does have a torsion bar suspension, or a variant of it at least. The last article you post mentions this type in the last paragraph talking about twist beam suspensions, which is what the Fit has.

Twist-beam rear suspension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by Chikubi; 02-13-2007 at 12:54 AM.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:48 AM
5 Year Member
I appreciate your attempt of defense, but torsion beam (as you call it) it's not connected to suspension. When you'll put on progress rear sway bar, you'll realize that it's connected under your torsion beam!!!!
So, according to your thesis, progress rear sway bar is a torsion beam or bar!!!!!!
Anyway that bar is a rear anti-roll bar....

Old 02-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Banned
Chikubi-
Minor correction. OUR '06 Scion XB had a rear anti-sway bar only as an extra-price option. Otherwise, I agree with your clarification of this issue.

Old 02-11-2007, 04:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by claymore
Alf74 no need to waste your time searching all over the net just go to the official HONDA website and read about the rear torsion beam suspension from Honda itself.
http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...?ModelName=Fit

If that's not good enough for you check out this one with torsion beam suspension.

"you are a little confused.... Jazz and Fit have torsion beam suspension + anti-roll bar.... "
eBay Italia: Honda Jazz Live 78cv/57kW 2006 KM 0 vari colori!! (oggetto 330041278817 scade il 17-Nov-06 16:39:37 CET)

Japanese First Drive: 2007 Honda Fit

ps. I'm still waiting for the CEL you said was going to turn on and I'm past the 1000km mark....... I'll keep an eye out for it but I'm not holding my breath.
How old are you? You seem to behave as a children...
I told you that tapping EGR "on my JAZZ", CEL turned on....
I'm happy for you if this hasn't happened to your FIT!

Last edited by alf74; 02-11-2007 at 04:42 AM.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:56 AM
5 Year Member
it's difficult to me explain it in english, and without photos, because my reading comprehension is limited.... (and i'm sorry for this)
but what I'd like you to understand is that Jazz has anti-roll bar inside rear torsion beam suspension....
and it seems Fit doesn't have it.....

Old 02-11-2007, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
http://www.honda.ch/pdf/jazz/i_flyer_jazz_sport.pdf

This is another proof of what I told some days ago.... before being attacked: front and rear anti-roll bar.....

Old 02-12-2007, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
Joey at Progress auto just sent me pics of the install. Looks sweet! I am waiting on confirmation from him that i can post them here. What i can tell you is it bolts up to the bottom of the rear spring on each end via 3 bolts.

I have some VBP paint laying around from when i had to have my hatch repainted(dumbass on my part). I think i will have the bar painted before i install it. I know i know noone will see it but i think it would be cool.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
He just put the pics up on the web.

Go to The Progress Group, Inc. Online Store

They won't be ready to ship for another 6-8 weeks but i can wait.

Oh their coilovers are in development and just the prototype finished 2nd in the redline time attack last weekend.

P.S. the guyz car in the pics is from K swapped Fit Information - K20 to K24

He has links to k-swap info if anyone is interested.

Peace.

Old 02-12-2007, 05:54 PM
5 Year Member
I asked the same questions and got the same time line.

I also asked about alternate shipping methods other than their UPS service, which would be $60 to Hawaii. They said they do not ship by any other method, so I guess I won't be getting one through them after all. I'll just wait till someone else is selling these or some other company starts manufacturing their own rear sway bar and is a bit better than Progress with regards to customer service.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
that sucks that the shipping is so high to Hawaii. Too bad they don't offer USPS or something but for me i would never use it. USPS sucks ass IMO. Their tracking info is lame. I would rather have peace of mind that my package will get to me and i can see where it is at.

But 60 bucks is insane to pay for shipping. I wouldn't get one either for that price. Hopefully it won't be too much to ship to NY.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
Shipping to NY should be pretty decent, I would imagine. It just sucks that everything into Hawaii through UPS or FEDEX is by air so the charges are high. I've used USPS for most of my stuff and have had a few problems in the past, but they have always been resolved and the cost is roughly 1/2 the others.

Good luck with your purchase... please let us know how it helps the handling of the car. Looks like a quality piece.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by leonine
He just put the pics up on the web.

Go to The Progress Group, Inc. Online Store

They won't be ready to ship for another 6-8 weeks but i can wait.

Oh their coilovers are in development and just the prototype finished 2nd in the redline time attack last weekend.

P.S. the guyz car in the pics is from K swapped Fit Information - K20 to K24

He has links to k-swap info if anyone is interested.

Peace.
Leonine,
Thanks for the update. The installed bar does look strong enough to do the job. I sent a question to the folks at Progress regarding other aspects of this design, and will order one as soon as I get the answer to my question (assuming that I like the answer). I don't have patience to wait for a group buy if such ever comes about.
Thanks again---
Dave

Old 02-12-2007, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
Leonine,
Thanks for the update. The installed bar does look strong enough to do the job. I sent a question to the folks at Progress regarding other aspects of this design, and will order one as soon as I get the answer to my question (assuming that I like the answer). I don't have patience to wait for a group buy if such ever comes about.
Thanks again---
Dave
no problem. Just curious what were the other ?'s you asked.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:01 AM
5 Year Member
Chikubi-
Minor correction. OUR '06 Scion XB had a rear anti-sway bar only as an extra-price option. Otherwise, I agree with your clarification of this issue.
I stand corrected, and I edited that out. Not sure why, but I had always assumed it was a separate bar on my '05 (w/o actually looking, duh), but jumping back on Scionlife for a quick bit of research and yeah, it's a 17.3mm bar inside the beam. What are you gonna do . . .

Quick Reply: Progress Auto Rear Anti-Sway bar! WITH DIY PHOTOS PAGE 5!