Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Progress Auto Rear Anti-Sway bar! WITH DIY PHOTOS PAGE 5!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mrFroge
So what class do you run in??

I'm running SCCA Solo (H-Stock) here in the San Francisco Bay Area. (currently second in class) Modding the rear sway bar is forbidden in that class. But someday I might move up in class.
I run with NASA-TT rules (not SCCA). There the fit is TTG with 23 modification points wich take her to TTF (there will be no TTG in 2007, so I would be in TTF anyway).

Old 06-13-2007, 11:05 PM
Got mine finally installed today!

My bar was sitting in the basement for a couple of months. Finally got it installed tonight. Mini-review:A mod well worth it.

Martin

Old 06-14-2007, 08:43 PM
if anyone is interested, i believe these are in stock again. i ordered mine earlier this week and progress sent me a tracking number this afternoon. should be here tomorrow unless UPS screws something up.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
Everyone who is buying this will be a happy camper. It is definitely the single best suspension mod you can get right now. A bigger rear sway bar has always been one of the best upgrades for most Hondas. The only thing that had me a little worried was the springs sitting on top of the three screws, but it doesnt seem to affect anything.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:42 AM
I got a tracking number too. So it looks like Progress finished another batch. Of course this is not a traditional sway bar, with mounting blocks on the frame/body and drop links. It's more of a helper torsion bar that attaches to the rear axle only to stiffen the torsion axle assembly. I understand that one of the vendors here (AJ Racing?) tried a regular rear sway bar, drop links and all, but that bar overpowered the front suspension and threw the balance of the car way off, so they did not bring that bar to market. This Progress bar does appear to be the best handling improvement available today for the money and for the Fit.

Eric

Old 06-18-2007, 10:47 AM
installed the bar last night. definite improvement. the car turns in and rotates so much better now. i also have the T1R front swaybar sitting in my living room and i'm debating if i should put it on now. i dont want to gain back the understeer that the progress bar got rid of. also have a couple other things to install but i'm doing each one separately so i can feel each individual upgrade.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
[quote=RyanR;149834]installed the bar last night. definite improvement. the car turns in and rotates so much better now. i also have the T1R front swaybar sitting in my living room and i'm debating if i should put it on now. i dont want to gain back the understeer that the progress bar got rid of. quote]

I have the same feelings about the front one.

Of course now we just have to wait until someone with a greater knowledge or experience explain to us if we are in the right path or not and why!!!!!!!

Old 06-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by RyanR
installed the bar last night. definite improvement. the car turns in and rotates so much better now. i also have the T1R front swaybar sitting in my living room and i'm debating if i should put it on now. i dont want to gain back the understeer that the progress bar got rid of. also have a couple other things to install but i'm doing each one separately so i can feel each individual upgrade.
I've ordered the T1R Lower Arm Bar for the front and I'll see what happens with this combo. Don't expect much change.
Martin

Old 06-18-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by RyanR
You're probably right about the stiffer front bar. The general rule of thumb is: stiffer front = more understeer, stiffer back = more oversteer. Since most people find that the Fit has a little too much understeer in stock form, the Progress bar changes the balance in the right direction. Of course we all just want to find the perfect balance. I heard that the linked rear sway bar was too stiff, but I figure that it could have been balanced with an even bigger front bar, but somewhere the car ends up too stiff for mere mortals. (I know guys running springs in their Porsches that are 6x stiffer than stock, with really big bars at both ends)

It seems that the Progress bar is pretty well matched with the stock front sway bar, if you stiffen the front, you will lose some of what you've got right now.

Eric

Last edited by ewdysar; 06-18-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:58 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Ok.... So I heard that this thing is the ISH. Im wondering why T1R or AJRacing has not made one yet?

Anyway! Whats the best prices you all have seen this thing? Links?

Old 06-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
Ok.... So I heard that this thing is the ISH. Im wondering why T1R or AJRacing has not made one yet?

Anyway! Whats the best prices you all have seen this thing? Links?
Right around $140. from Progress direct or from their dealers. It is a bargain already. You won't find it cheaper. Read the thread for links already posted.

Old 06-23-2007, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
Would someone with the service manual post the torque specs for the shock bolts? Thx.

Old 06-23-2007, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by flinstone
Would someone with the service manual post the torque specs for the shock bolts? Thx.
40 ft. lbs.

Old 07-01-2007, 01:06 AM
front sway

I think i remember hearing that for vehicles with a Macpherson strut setup in front, that a bigger front swaybar will actually help. Because camber doesn't change as the suspension is compressed compared to a independent frt. susp. design where its designed to keep the tire flat. So it seems to depend if you are getting to much roll in your front tires, then you would be losing grip and the bigger bar will help with keeping your frt. tires flat to the ground and not roll to the outter edge. I hope this makes any sense. I could be wrong, just something i remembered from talking to a suspension guru. (this guy use to be a tire designer and work with kart teams)

Old 07-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
So I was going to order this, like right now.

"Out of stock."
*Crys*

Old 07-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Just got mine today, well worth $140.

Old 07-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Rear Sway In Stock!!

I just got off the phone with Progress and ordered them. Mine are coming next week. Even though the website states Out of Stock, they have some. Call Joey over there and he can assist you.
Joey Berry
Inside Sales

Progress is selling them for 140 plus shipping. Say your from FitFreak.net...

Later

Old 07-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
So I was going to order this, like right now.

"Out of stock."
*Crys*
You give up too easy!!

Old 07-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Hey thanks, IIEZ. I got depressed last night by a post saying the Progress Sway Bar was out of stock. Then today, got a call from my dealer: Fit arriving anyday! Saw your post and just got off the phone with Joey. Sway bar being sent out today. After my tint and paint protection, this will be my first aftermarket addition. The reviews on FitFreak.net made it too hard to turn down.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by manxman
You give up too easy!!
I like using my mouse to get things. I hate using my phone, I never call places like that.
I hate having my phone at my face. Even if Im at home I have to turn on my bluetooth.

I ordered it.

Quick Reply: Progress Auto Rear Anti-Sway bar! WITH DIY PHOTOS PAGE 5!