Fit FREAK.net

Go Back   Unofficial Honda FIT Forums > Fit Trix > Fit Trix General Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums FAQ iTrader Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read ExperienceUsed CarsVendor Directory TSBs
Welcome to Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member

Skytraveler relies on Rep Points to liveSkytraveler relies on Rep Points to liveSkytraveler relies on Rep Points to liveSkytraveler relies on Rep Points to liveSkytraveler relies on Rep Points to liveSkytraveler relies on Rep Points to liveSkytraveler relies on Rep Points to liveSkytraveler relies on Rep Points to liveSkytraveler relies on Rep Points to liveSkytraveler relies on Rep Points to liveSkytraveler relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 883, Level: 15 Points: 883, Level: 15 Points: 883, Level: 15
Level up: 83%, 17 Points needed
Level up: 83% Level up: 83% Level up: 83%
Daily Activity: 0%
Daily Activity: 0% Daily Activity: 0% Daily Activity: 0%
Check Engine light came on today!!

My check engine light just came on this morning. I have just above 12K on the vehicle. I had the yellow wrench come on about a week ago and B 1 indicating (oil change, rotate tires, and inspection of several items). I was going to call the dealer this morning to make an appointment when the check engine light came on.

So I called and made the appointment just now. First thing the guy asks me is if I just put in gas in the car. I told him I put gas in the car 4 days ago. He tells me to check the gas cap (now I always click the gas cap at least 3 clicks if not more). Nonetheless he says anything that they find will be under warrenty.

Can't wait to get this car all taken care of. I'll report what they find on Saturday.

peace,
2008 M/T Honda Fit Sport BOM DD (own and being moded!! )
Installed:
NHBP OEM Headlight assemblies
Orange pearl Billard shift Knob
Tanabe Front Strut Tower Bar
Tanabe Concept G Axle-back Exhaust
Piaa H11 Plasma Ion Yellow fog light bulbs
Fujita Black Wrinkle SRI (TY JM!)
Future:
Progress Rear Sway Bar
Tanabe Under Brace Bar
Sponsored Links
Registered users do not see this ad.
Click here to register for free!
Old 02-14-2009, 11:46 AM
5 Year Member

Skytraveler relies on Rep Points to liveSkytraveler relies on Rep Points to liveSkytraveler relies on Rep Points to liveSkytraveler relies on Rep Points to liveSkytraveler relies on Rep Points to liveSkytraveler relies on Rep Points to liveSkytraveler relies on Rep Points to liveSkytraveler relies on Rep Points to liveSkytraveler relies on Rep Points to liveSkytraveler relies on Rep Points to liveSkytraveler relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 883, Level: 15 Points: 883, Level: 15 Points: 883, Level: 15
Level up: 83%, 17 Points needed
Level up: 83% Level up: 83% Level up: 83%
ok came back from Coggin Honda Ft Pierce and they retrieved the code P2646 (VTEC Oil Pressure Switch Circuit Low Voltage). The check engine light was on for only a and a half then it went off.

They told me that it the check engine light comes back on for the same code, that I would need to leave it with them for them to diagnose.

There's another thread about the rocker arm oil pressure switch on the board started by mattpuchlerz, that has the exact opposite of my code.

His is P2647 which says is VTEC Oil Pressure Switch Circuit High Voltage even though his is documented as a rocker arm oil pressure switch (probably the same thing).

Anyhow they said it could have been the oil level. I don't think the level was low though my oil life was at 5%.

Today I basically had the 10,000 mile maintenance done, oil change, rotated tires etc etc. Hopefully I do not see the engine light come back on any time soon.

Peace,
2008 M/T Honda Fit Sport BOM DD (own and being moded!! )
Installed:
NHBP OEM Headlight assemblies
Orange pearl Billard shift Knob
Tanabe Front Strut Tower Bar
Tanabe Concept G Axle-back Exhaust
Piaa H11 Plasma Ion Yellow fog light bulbs
Fujita Black Wrinkle SRI (TY JM!)
Future:
Progress Rear Sway Bar
Tanabe Under Brace Bar
Old 06-23-2010, 05:47 AM
5 Year Member

JamesBizzle relies on Rep Points to liveJamesBizzle relies on Rep Points to liveJamesBizzle relies on Rep Points to liveJamesBizzle relies on Rep Points to liveJamesBizzle relies on Rep Points to liveJamesBizzle relies on Rep Points to liveJamesBizzle relies on Rep Points to liveJamesBizzle relies on Rep Points to liveJamesBizzle relies on Rep Points to liveJamesBizzle relies on Rep Points to liveJamesBizzle relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 5,971, Level: 50 Points: 5,971, Level: 50 Points: 5,971, Level: 50
Level up: 11%, 179 Points needed
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Daily Activity: 10.5%
Daily Activity: 10.5% Daily Activity: 10.5% Daily Activity: 10.5%
Send a message via AIM to JamesBizzle
I had this problem today. I checked my oil level and saw that it was about a quart low. So I added a quart, reset the code and it never came back on.

I've also read that cleaning out the screen/filter for you VTEC oil pressure Sensor or changing out a bad sensor will remedy this as well.

Just in case anyone out there runs into this problem.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:21 AM

Contrabida Face relies on Rep Points to liveContrabida Face relies on Rep Points to liveContrabida Face relies on Rep Points to liveContrabida Face relies on Rep Points to liveContrabida Face relies on Rep Points to liveContrabida Face relies on Rep Points to liveContrabida Face relies on Rep Points to liveContrabida Face relies on Rep Points to liveContrabida Face relies on Rep Points to liveContrabida Face relies on Rep Points to liveContrabida Face relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 577, Level: 11 Points: 577, Level: 11 Points: 577, Level: 11
Level up: 54%, 23 Points needed
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
subscribed. thanks for the info
contra's wheels set the standard for twb cars.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:03 AM

Krimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 5,884, Level: 49 Points: 5,884, Level: 49 Points: 5,884, Level: 49
Level up: 67%, 66 Points needed
Level up: 67% Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Daily Activity: 4.1%
Daily Activity: 4.1% Daily Activity: 4.1% Daily Activity: 4.1%
Oofie also went through this yesterday with a P2647, Got a CEL, car has about 170k

P2646 and P2647 are both related to the Rocker Arm Oil Pressure Switch Circuit
P2648 and P2649 are both related to the Rocker Arm Oil Control Solenoid Circuit.

It seems these codes show up as intermittent problem at times and can be related to oil pressure/levels.

Lesson here seems to reinforce to need to run at correct oil levels - be sure to post back any future issues.

K_C_

Smaller than a Crapper
fortiter in re, suaviter in modo
Photo Shoot
Old 06-24-2010, 11:14 PM

SoloDolo relies on Rep Points to liveSoloDolo relies on Rep Points to liveSoloDolo relies on Rep Points to liveSoloDolo relies on Rep Points to liveSoloDolo relies on Rep Points to liveSoloDolo relies on Rep Points to liveSoloDolo relies on Rep Points to liveSoloDolo relies on Rep Points to liveSoloDolo relies on Rep Points to liveSoloDolo relies on Rep Points to liveSoloDolo relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 1,625, Level: 23 Points: 1,625, Level: 23 Points: 1,625, Level: 23
Level up: 25%, 75 Points needed
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Daily Activity: 1.3%
Daily Activity: 1.3% Daily Activity: 1.3% Daily Activity: 1.3%
you cant rely on that oil % gauge. always check for yourself, you were most likely a little low and tried to hit vtec and the lack off oil threw the code.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:03 AM

Krimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to liveKrimson_Cardnal relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 5,884, Level: 49 Points: 5,884, Level: 49 Points: 5,884, Level: 49
Level up: 67%, 66 Points needed
Level up: 67% Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Daily Activity: 4.1%
Daily Activity: 4.1% Daily Activity: 4.1% Daily Activity: 4.1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloDolo View Post
you cant rely on that oil % gauge. always check for yourself, you were most likely a little low and tried to hit vtec and the lack off oil threw the code.
You might be missing something here - the oil gauge you refer to is a "% oil oil life" indicator as tells you when to change the oil.

You are correct - always check the level yourself. I check at least once a month. And yes, it seems running low oil and hitting peak RPM might trip these codes.

K_C_

Smaller than a Crapper
fortiter in re, suaviter in modo
Photo Shoot