Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

GI: Fiberglass Eyelids

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Subbed for interest... How much for shipping to Cali?

Old 09-04-2013, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by XxFooManDrewxX
Subbed for interest... How much for shipping to Cali?
1.TrueAdrian
2.Hatchpat
3.andycampero1
4.KCTitan
5.jjeleven12
6.cocowheat
7.Deonlee1
8.XxFooManDrewxX

they are 40.00 plus shipping

2 more... I'd like to see one GI come to fruition

Old 09-04-2013, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
I'd be down for a set, but this thread is old. That list might be a lot shorter by now. Fit owners are funny, can't even get them to dish out $50-$60 to make a new product.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:43 PM
its crazy man, I havent seen a GI happen yet. I'm sure it will jump once there are more used Fits out there and someone will cash in. I just dont understand why more manufactures jump in.

Make it and they will buy

Old 09-13-2013, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not really a manufacturer. I wish I were, these things would probably be a lot easier for me to make. I would physically be laying glass on my headlights to make these. Honestly, at this point I may as well just tell you guys how to do it. It's probably not worth the effort anymore. It would take me a couple days to make each one, and about $25 in materials, only because I can make multiple about 6 from each batch of material. I wasn't going to be making much ($15/person). I was just willing to do it if we had a bunch of people. Since I posted this, I've had some better money making opportunities come around.

If anyone needs a diy, let me know.

Old 09-14-2013, 12:01 AM
I'm in! walk me thru the process... i'ma try to make one a reality before it gets too cold up here

Old 09-16-2013, 06:56 AM
I'm down! makes the fit look meaner!

Old 09-21-2013, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
Ok, here's the process. It's a quick overview, but should be all you need to know. If you have any questions, let me know.

Disclaimer: Don't blame me or ff.net if you mess up anything on your car or hurt yourself.

Supplies:
-blue tape
-vasoline
-sharpie
-dremel (w cutoff wheel)
-fiberglass cloth
-fiberglass resin
-throw away brush
-bondo
-sand paper
-primer
-paint
-clearcoat
-3m double sided trim adhesive tape

There are 2 ways to do it, you can either leave the headlights ON the car, or take them OFF. Up to you, advantage of leaving them on it that you'll know exactly where everything lines up, disadvantage is you run the risk of resin getting all over your car. No matter what you choose, leave them on until step 3 anyhow.

Step 1: Tape off your entire headlight. Make sure it overlaps, if you miss a spot, you will ruin your headlight. I would even tape off all the mounting tabs. You don't have to do the back of the headlight necessarily, but it's your call.

Step 2: Take the sharpie and draw the shape you want for your eyelid. This has 2 purposes. #1, lets you see what shape you want and fine tune it. #2, gives you an area of what you're going to cover w the cloth.

IF YOU WANT TO TAKE YOUR HEADLIGHTS OFF, DO IT NOW

Step 3: Cut up your fiberglass cloth. It will shrink when you start putting resin on it, so make sure you have about 1.5" extra all the way around the shape you want for your eyelid. You're going to want about 4-5 layers of glass. I also glassed up under the hood. You don't HAVE to do that, the 3m tape will hold it pretty well, but I thought I would like the look when the hood was open.

Step 4: Put vasoline all over the entire area that will have glass or resin touch it. If you don't, you will not be able to pull the eyelid back off. I would go just a little further than you think you'll need.

These next couple steps will need to be done rather quickly

Step 5: Mix the resin with the hardener. Make sure you follow the directions. If you put this in a plastic cup to mix, it will eat through the cup. Make sure you double it up.

Step 6: Lay your first piece of cut cloth on your headlight, just lay it down, you don't have to press it down hard or anything. Now take your brush, lap up the resin and start applying it. Make sure you press out any air bubbles either with your finger (WEAR GLOVES) or the brush. This first piece is the one that will be touching your headlight and set the tone for the rest of the headlight, make sure you do it well. After than layer cloth, resin, cloth, resin, cloth, resin, cloth, resin. Do 4-5 layers, or until you like it. Each time get the air bubbles out. You'll be able to see your sharpie line through it for the first couple layers.

Step 7: wait. let it harden up. don't touch it.

Step 8: wait. make sure it's hard before you pull it off.

Step 9: pull off your eyelid! the sharpie line should have transferred to the bottom of the fiberglass, take your dremel and cut it down to shape.

Step 10: sand down the big stuff on both sides, but make sure you don't sand all the way through the glass.

Step 11: finishing... mix up some bondo, apply, sand, bondo until it's smooth enough to your approval.

Step 12: prime, paint, clear. Apply lots of LIGHT coats. and apply a couple extra clear.

Step 13: apply with 3m double sided tape, stand back and instagram your new eyelids.
@justinnesselroad so I can see all the awesomeness. lol

Old 12-03-2013, 12:31 AM
Thread still alive ?

Old 12-03-2013, 01:34 PM
super dead, but your welcome to try to make some yourself. See above ^^^

Old 12-03-2013, 03:08 PM
I just ordered these and will post them up when they are painted

Eyelids Honda Fit 07 08 F2 Headlight Grille HID | eBay