General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Windshield replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Windshield replacement

I was wondering if anyone got their windshield replaced yet? I'm in the middle of getting mine replaced due to a stone chip (about size of a half-dollar). I got the stone chip about a week and a half ago. It took about a week to get the windshield in the glass shop from Honda. Then when they got to my place of work to replace it, they said they need to buy new molding for as well. And they also said this will be their first time putting in a windshield one for the Honda Fit. I guess I'll experiment #1 for them. They are finally replacing it this Friday with no more problems I hope!!!

Last edited by grimm79; 07-12-2007 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
grimm79, how did it go with the replacement? Cost, fit and finish? Original "honda" glass? I just got showered by a gravel truck shatering my windshied!

Old 08-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Banned
Hey Ivan,
Very sorry to hear about your windshield! On top of all the other problems we discussed in our PM's, you sure don't need this one. It sounds like you will also need some body shop work in addition to the windshield.
Good luck!
Dave

Old 08-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by grimm79
I was wondering if anyone got their windshield replaced yet? I'm in the middle of getting mine replaced due to a stone chip (about size of a half-dollar). I got the stone chip about a week and a half ago. It took about a week to get the windshield in the glass shop from Honda. Then when they got to my place of work to replace it, they said they need to buy new molding for as well. And they also said this will be their first time putting in a windshield one for the Honda Fit. I guess I'll experiment #1 for them. They are finally replacing it this Friday with no more problems I hope!!!
I had to get mine replaced because of a very long (about 12 inches) stress crack (I'm blaming the weather, though I've been hearing that quite a few Fits have had the problem). I went through the insurance company, not the dealership, because the dealership was charging $150 more to do the job! Got it done at an auto glass shop about a week ago - so far, so good. I had the issue with the molding, too (had to wait a day after my original appointment to get the job done), but it looks to be okay thus far.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:57 AM
It took about a week to get into the local glass shop. It not made by Honda. It was made by Pinkerton. It looks exactly like the old one. I had a $200 deductible formthe new windshield. Hope this helps.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Smile Needing a name for windshield replacement please

I'm actually looking to get my windshield replaced soon. I had a rock smack into my windshield two weeks ago. The damage was not even the size of a quarter, and I had it filled. Well, now the crack is spreading and it needs to be replaced ASAP! Does anyone know of a good windshield repair place that will use the Honda Nepon (spelling?) glass and also replace the gasket instead of the cocking?

I'm going to be picky because my 2007 is only a year old and I'd like it to still appear as such.

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-14-2008, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member
Gravel shower

[quote=Twilight75;309018] instead of the cocking?

quote]

Sounds like Ivan got one of those!

Old 05-14-2008, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
[QUOTE=Steeldog;309094]
Originally Posted by Twilight75
instead of the cocking?

quote]

Sounds like Ivan got one of those!
Maybe he meant "Caulking" LOL
'07 VBP Sport 5MT w/ minor appearance & comfort mods!

Old 05-14-2008, 07:20 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Mine was replaced a few days ago. No noise or leaks..... yet.
I had 2 chips in mine.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:23 PM
Does anyone know the actual cost?
I am thinking about buying glass insurance if the windshield is pricey.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:40 PM
Where to get a replacement done in Southern California

I'm actually looking to get my windshield replaced soon. I had a rock smack into my windshield two weeks ago. The damage was not even the size of a quarter, and I had it filled. Well, now the crack is spreading and it needs to be replaced ASAP! Does anyone know of a good windshield repair place that will use the Honda Nepon (spelling?) glass and also replace the gasket instead of the cocking?

I'm going to be picky because my 2007 is only a year old and I'd like it to still appear as such.

************************************************** ************************************************** *****
I actually found a place here in Southern California with three locations! Here is their website address!

Auto Glass Repair Orange County: Auto Windshield Repair or Replacement - Orange County All Star Glass Store Locations

They actually order the molding from the car manufacturer, and use similar class that the fit already comes with from the factory! Research does pay off!

Old 05-14-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by ricohman
Does anyone know the actual cost?
I am thinking about buying glass insurance if the windshield is pricey.
For my replacement it will be $268.99. Each place I got a quote from was more expensive though. I actually got the quote of $299.99 but with a AAA as my insurance I get an extra discount. Check to see if your insurance will pay for some of it.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:57 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Call your insurance company. Its illegal to have a cracked/chipped windshield.
I know in FL if you have full coverage its free. I paid nothing and had it done while I was working.

However; if its chipped/cracked the insurance company will push for a repair as its cheap as hell.
Ive seen a windshield repaired in front of me. The chip/crack is 100% just as noticeable.

Took a few weeks for mine to get replaced because Honda didnt have the OEM window trim around the top in stock.

Old 05-15-2008, 01:55 AM
Banned
Almost every windshield is now installed with adhesive (caulking) including the Jazz/Fit. What would you like them to replace it with??? And why would it be better???

Old 05-16-2008, 03:13 AM
Originally Posted by claymore
Almost every windshield is now installed with adhesive (caulking) including the Jazz/Fit. What would you like them to replace it with??? And why would it be better???

I had to call a bunch of places and ask if they replaced the molding or if they did the caulking. Most places do use the caulking, but I was able to finally fins a space that would indeed replace the molding. They ordered everything from Honda. Just check online for places in the area and ask your Honda dealer who they recommend to repair their windshields.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:17 PM
I got some little dinky nicks in the windshield on the original i replaced a year ago. I hope they don't spread and become spider cracks.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
I just had mine replaced by Diamond auto glass. Great work, and the dash doesn't rattle anymore!

$286 inc. Tax

Honda wanted over $700.

Funny thing..Diamond is contracted to go to Honda to replace/repair. Stealership!!!

Old 04-13-2022, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Raaaaaaaaaay.
Mine was replaced a few days ago. No noise or leaks..... yet.
I had 2 chips in mine.
I have q can a Honda Fit 2005 front Windshield fitz a Honda Fit 2007