General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

have my front part of body kit stolen!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 11:20 AM
Angry have my front part of body kit stolen!

Hi, this is my first post here but I have check the site even before I bought My Silver Sport Fit more than a year ago.

Last october I had all my wheels stolen .( and I got them all replaced with new + wheel locks..( recommend to anyone who still got their wheels on without wheel locks)

then a month ago heard strange noise coming from my rear wheel while driving with my whole family including my 2 year old...- all bolts in my rear wheel were missing except the locked one.. man!!

then few days ago I noticed that some asshole stole the front part of my sport body kit..I cannt take this anymore
- should I sell the fit?
I think one day I may come from work and Fit will be standing there without wheels, glass and mirrors..
..sorry i am just venting here..

my real question is this:

Does anyone sell only fron part of the undebody kit for SSM sport fit and is there a way to protect part of the car from theft when garage or sleeping in the car is not the option? Thank you..

Old 08-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Retired Moderator
Man, sounds like a spell of bad luck or something?? Do you live/work in a not so good area? I woudnt suggest selling the Fit, if you get anything nicer they will just steal the whole car lol. But if you sell th fit for like a piece of junk that might slove the prob. Or invest in some security cams aorund you house or wherever you think they are being stole form. Then when you catch them doing the crime you give the cops the video and they will find the criminal. Good luck dude!

Old 08-24-2007, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
Dude that sux, my stuff was not as expensive but some dude stole one of my new driver badges off the side of my car while i was parked at wal- mart i mean they are only like 10 bucks, but then saw the dude i thought who did sporting it down the road is still can't find him

Old 08-24-2007, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ddmytruk
should I sell the fit?
F*ck that! Upgrade your security system with security accessories/addons. Some of the product numbers might be different or no longer available, but you can find similar products. Or just do what I buddy of mine did. Rig your battery to energize part of your car and when they touch it BAM!

Old 08-24-2007, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
You can buy security fasteners from a hardware store....

They're the screws that can only be tightened.

Hope you have some better luck.

Old 08-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Man, either you live in a crazy bad part of town or your car is being targeted repeatedly by another Fit base model owner (who probably lives not to far from you). If they are stealing body parts from you more than likely they can't afford to have them painted, so thier car must be the same color. If I were you I would case your neighbourhood, will be easy to spot a non-sport model the same color with YOUR aftermarket parts on it.

In the meantime you can pick up a fake camera with LED light on it to mount somewhere visible to deter further theft. They don't cost too much.
This one is like 25$ and it activates the LED from motion
Motion-Sensing Dummy Camera FMC-1

Old 08-24-2007, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
one word,, MOVE! or get a dope ass security system

Old 08-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
oh man that freaking sucks. you could get a new security system, or just stay up and wait for them to come back. then you can call the cops or kick their asses if you have some nice weapons.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:57 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
WOW! That is really sad state of events. The world is a mean place when they are picking on your Fit! Yes, I would invest in a really good alarm that will sound at the littlest of jolts to your car. I have to park mine on the street and I am always nervous. The other morning at 4:00 AM we were awaken with a car alarm going off. I ran to the front door and flung it open without thinking. My lights were not blinking and I realized it was a car from the next street. This punk on a bike went sailing up the street and I guess he was too stupid to notice that the car he was messing with had an alarm. I was going to call the police but figured he'd be long gone. Note to self - look out of the window next time instead of opening the door - just in case they have a weapon! Yikes!

Cat :x

Old 08-24-2007, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
Try collegehillshonda.com, they have amazing prices and I believe they sell the kit in pieces. When I had my Civic, a lot of the Civic owners on 8thcivic.com just run the front part of the HFP body kit and I believe they got it through College Hills.

Sorry to hear about it getting stolen.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Where do you live.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:24 AM
he lives in boston

Old 09-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Retired Moderator
That really blows. I think College Hills Honda is the only place I found individual pieces for decent prices. I wonder how they got it off, I had to take off my whole front bumper to remove the lip since there are 5 screws on the iniside that can only be reached when the bumper is off...

Old 09-02-2007, 07:29 PM
5 Year Member
Oh, Man, that's bad. How I hate a thief!

Another thing that's bad is to see Illusive say I'm gonna have to remove the whole front bumper to fix my own front lip right. I curb-snagged it at a gas station, and pulled it out of alignment a little bit, while visiting the coast a few weeks ago. It isn't noticeable, but there's a space between the front lip and the bumper in one area. Bent some of the little clips under there.

Sorry! Not my thread!

I hope you can catch the criminals and they can go to jail on their way to Hell. Best of luck to you.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:47 PM
tamper proof torx bolts?

Old 09-02-2007, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by osborne
F*ck that! Upgrade your security system with security accessories/addons. Some of the product numbers might be different or no longer available, but you can find similar products. Or just do what I buddy of mine did. Rig your battery to energize part of your car and when they touch it BAM!
that sounds awesome...how'd ur friend do this...it would be nice to see this DIY security system...o btw i hope u find those coxuckers redhanded and make them pay

Old 09-03-2007, 10:02 AM
thanks for your responses...
I dont think I can catch those C@#ksuckers ...althougth I wished..
I inquired from one of the dealerships in Boston area how much it would be to replace front lipfor my SSM Fit..it is 350$ +.. man.. that is lot of money...
For now my wife drives without it ...
If anyone here is moding their Fits and have to give away manufacture's underbody kit for SSM i would be happy to buy.. let me know..
thanks again for your warm responses..

Old 09-12-2007, 04:59 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by ddmytruk
Hi, this is my first post here but I have check the site even before I bought My Silver Sport Fit more than a year ago.

Last october I had all my wheels stolen .( and I got them all replaced with new + wheel locks..( recommend to anyone who still got their wheels on without wheel locks)

then a month ago heard strange noise coming from my rear wheel while driving with my whole family including my 2 year old...- all bolts in my rear wheel were missing except the locked one.. man!!

then few days ago I noticed that some asshole stole the front part of my sport body kit..I cannt take this anymore
-

Time to GTFO of the ghetto.