General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

New Fit -- looking for easy modifications

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
New Fit -- looking for easy modifications

Hi I'm Aaron, I recently purchased a 2012 fit sport (automatic). I'm a college student and I'm looking for some easier modifications to improve the car and make it really mine. I plan on having the car for quite some time and the modifications I'm looking for should be a healthy mix between cosmetic and performance based. I look forward to your responses!

Old 04-27-2014, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by aaronman20
Hi I'm Aaron, I recently purchased a 2012 fit sport (automatic). I'm a college student and I'm looking for some easier modifications to improve the car and make it really mine. I plan on having the car for quite some time and the modifications I'm looking for should be a healthy mix between cosmetic and performance based. I look forward to your responses!
Hi,

Welcome to your FIT family. Tint, intake, audio is a good start.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the quick reply! The car came tinted and I've looked at some audio upgrades for a little while later. Could you tell me a little more about intake?

Old 04-27-2014, 08:41 PM
intake/exhaust.

light weight rim+tire combo usually the most noticeable performance mod.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:53 AM
Steven Virgadamo agrees rim and tire a quick upgrade for visual

Old 05-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Easiest things 1) Debadge the car 2) "JDM" wiper mod 3) JDM hazard switch 4)Change all lights to LED's 5) Mini antenna 6) Axel back exhaust 7) Intake (I have the takeda) 8) Audio

Old 05-01-2014, 11:29 AM
easiest and by far the most effective, a new set of lightweight rims.

Konig offers several lightweight rims in the same diameter as factory, so technically you could get slightly wider and lighter rims now, and worry about tires down the road

Old 05-01-2014, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
Leave it stock and put that money towards paying for college or paying off the car.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:45 PM
I put on a "spectre" intake for $50ish and it sounds nice when you open it up IMO and im looking at badges and axle back next. the rear sway bar mod is a good one

Old 05-01-2014, 09:54 PM
how much do fit rims weigh? sorry if im thread jacking! can one of you pm me if you know? thanks

Old 05-04-2014, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
Just for clarification, Intake/Exhaust don't do anything for performance. Don't waste your money on them, unless you're just wanting sound. Rear sway bar and/or springs may be the most noticeable mod. Then a new set of rims/tires would be my next mod.
Or, leave it stock, use the money for gas, school and/or track/auto-x sessions.

Old 05-04-2014, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by p nut
Just for clarification, Intake/Exhaust don't do anything for performance. Don't waste your money on them, unless you're just wanting sound. Rear sway bar and/or springs may be the most noticeable mod. Then a new set of rims/tires would be my next mod.
Or, leave it stock, use the money for gas, school and/or track/auto-x sessions.
utterly wrong. Fully stock on 87 octane I ran consistent 17.8s in the quarter mile in texas.

As I modded my car, I eventually hit a 16.3 on a night that was less humid but hotter then the night I ran the stock times.

Your engine is a bigass air-pump. Whenever it can breathe better and cram more air into it, you make more power.

Unless the physics fairy is constantly pushing the back of my car for me whenever I drive

Old 05-04-2014, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by viperpit07
how much do fit rims weigh? sorry if im thread jacking! can one of you pm me if you know? thanks

the GE steelies weigh approx 16.2-16.4 pounds, the GE sport alloys weight approx 17.2-17.6 pounds. Varying postings got this info on this forum.

Try searching for the weightloss thread, it has some good info!

Old 05-04-2014, 11:04 PM
DIY Mesh grill protector- against road debris and rocks. Interior and exterior LEDs- if your stock lights already need replacement. Fog light protection- headlight armor or lamin X. Window visors. Invisible hood bra or deflector.

Old 05-04-2014, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...s-top-ten.html

A handy list that Mikeyk12 did, should check it out

Old 05-05-2014, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 13fit
utterly wrong. Fully stock on 87 octane I ran consistent 17.8s in the quarter mile in texas.

As I modded my car, I eventually hit a 16.3 on a night that was less humid but hotter then the night I ran the stock times.

Your engine is a bigass air-pump. Whenever it can breathe better and cram more air into it, you make more power.

Unless the physics fairy is constantly pushing the back of my car for me whenever I drive
Not sure what I find funnier: the 1/4 mile times, or the fact you actually think running 16's the 1/4 in an econobox tincan is something to brag about. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about Honda performance. I've had various Honda cars, but I would never brag about straight line performance. Take your ride out to an autox or HPDE if you really want to see it perform.

I'll say it again, I/E won't do jack for performance. If you want power, don't waste your money on that and go straight for K swap or FI.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:12 AM
Im not bragging, simply posting that you are incorrect in your assumption that boltons are useless.

The same boltons have improved torque, which alos improved fuel efficiency.

My mods are not just for power. I like a crisp responding motor, and I am slowly getting there.

K swaps are for people who dont know how to build up a motor. Im waiting on flash-tuning availability so I can start tying to get over 140 crank ponies. Should be pretty simple to do once I have a fabricated intake manifold and some more compression.

BTW 16 second club is pretty fun for a car designed to get 40mpg or so. Beating the shit out of this thing and I still get over 30mpg

Old 05-05-2014, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 13fit

El oh el.

Originally Posted by solbrothers
Leave it stock and put that money towards paying for college or paying off the car.
100% this.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:26 AM
I forgot to mention bi-xenon HID kit also ($50 max). I/Hdr/Ex will indeed make good power if you add downpipe and b-pipe. Its also the parts you need to see bigger #'s when/if the hondata piece is released. The OP is on a budget. People on budgets don't do motor swaps.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aaronman20
I like mods that resemble OEM, or are OEM.
My suggestions are:

1) OEM center console
2) OEM cargo cover
3) LED interior and license plate lights from college hills honda accessories.
4) HID's - but tasteful ones - 4300K or 5000K in temperature. I did a projector retrofit, but I'd say that's not necessary.
5) LED daylight running lights - I got mine from superbrightleds.com. you can PM me for suggestions if u want

Quick Reply: New Fit -- looking for easy modifications