General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What should you pay for Honda Fit Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 03:04 AM
5 Year Member
What should you pay for Honda Fit Extended Warranty

Well the first thing you have to do is find out if the warranty the dealer is offering was really a Honda Care warranty or not. Most of the dealers have started to offer a generic 10 year warranty which pays them a bigger commission, but it is only good at that dealership and doesn't cover what you would think and you have to fight the dealer to get the repairs done under the warranty. I went to several dealerships before I caught on to the differences as I had gotten taken years ago when I helped my dad get a 1990 Honda Accord. We went to get the glass in the back replaced as the heating element didn't work, in Florida you don't really use it, but I noticed it wasn't clearing up in the morning one time and told my dad to take it in. Sure enough the technicians confirmed the heating element was defective but since it was covered under the non-Honda extended warranty they referred us to management. Well that's when the games began, the sales man told us to see the Service manager, he told us to see the General manager and he told us that he would check on it and then dodged our calls. So finally we had to come and hunt him down and we saw him slip out the back trying to dodge us, and so we told them we would return the car unless they replaced the back window. Well finally they saw we meant business and wouldn't quit till they fix the problem and the manager grudgingly gave the ok to replace the back window. You would have thought we had taken his firstborn from the look on his face when they had to order the window to say nothing of when we pointed out all the other issues that needed to be taken care of, since we had then do all the recalls and warranty work needed as it became obvious any warranty work would meet even a worse reaction from the dealer in the future. Check right off the bat if it is a 'true' Honda Care warranty or a off brand dealer warranty which is not worth the paper its writing on. Also check the price and number of years. The Honda warranty had a max of 8 years, the off brand dealer warranty was being advertised as a 10 year or 'lifetime warranty'. Ask and check carefully and BUYER BEWARE is all I can say

Old 04-25-2016, 03:12 AM
5 Year Member
Oh, almost forgot. The true Honda Care warranty should be about $200 a year, the off brand dealer warranty they have what they call 'Platinum', 'Gold', 'Silver' etc.. and they try to sell the 10 year which runs around $2400 so comes out to $240 per year. Yep its actually more and you can bet they take a bigger commission than the true Honda Care warranty...If you don't check carefully the fine print you will be fleeced and bamboozled by the finance 'Darth Vader' my friend...beware of the dark side........

Old 05-04-2016, 01:54 PM
my Honda care was negotiated into my price so I don't have an actual figure. But it was 120k miles or 7 years. In my last year now with about 17k miles left. looks like perfect timing

Old 05-04-2016, 06:43 PM
5 Year Member
There are multiple companies that offer aftermarket warrantees that you can buy direct and not pay the markup. I'd rather put the money in a bond account and if I don't need it its there for the next car..