Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

The best car buying experience i ever had!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 05:07 PM
The best car buying experience i ever had!

hi guys, been lurking a while but now that i have my fit, i thought i might start posting. just got my blue sport automatic yesterday. i wanted to let everyone know about how much of a POSITIVE experience i had with buying my new fit.

i had traded emails with ilene (the internet sales manager) at avery greene honda in vallejo, ca. after about 1 month, she had one coming in that had not been reserved yet. i tried my best to haggle but considering how rare these are it was hard to do. i agreed on paying msrp. hey, at least there was no mark up. and believe me, here in the sf bay area, many honda dealerships are charging $1-$2,000 over msrp.

so i put my deposit down and 2 months later went into the dealership to pick it up. i finally met ilene face to face and we went through some paperwork. after that came the scary part (or so i thought). i went into the next office to meet with johnny, the finance manager. based on past new car buying experiences, i knew this would be like going to the dentist. i was expecting alot of sales pressure to get add ons, extended warranties etc. it's true, he did offer me 3 options to buy but gave me no pressure.

1. an extended warranty for $1800
2. a special deataling package which was basically a clear coat and scotch guard for $1000
3. an anti theft upgrade from lojack for $1500

as most people do, i said "no thanx" to them. he then asked which one i was most interested in and i said option 3, the lojack (since the bay area is like the honda theft capital of the world). he then made a offer to for the extended warranty and include the lojack free of charge. i was impressed but still wasn't sold. so finally he offered too sweet of a deal to pass up. he lowered my loan rate by 2%, which was a savings of about $800. so basically, the offer was the extended warranty ($1800) and the lojack ($1500) combined for a total of only $1000! so i was like "sold". true, i know i most likely won't have to use the extended warranty (cuz hondas are built so well) but i do believe the lojack to be a good investment so i'm happy with the purchase.

we signed all the papers and i was done. at no time did i feel any pressure. i was also weary that they might tack on some extra fee or expense somewhere along the line but to my relief, there was none. they were very upfront and honest with me and very respectful. none of the people i dealt with had that common car salesman arrogance.

they only get a few fits a month but i still want to reccomend these guys if you're a bay area fit buyer. avery greene honda in vallejo, ca gets a thumbs up from me.

Old 12-31-2006, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
congrats on the new car!

I'm glad you didn't buy the "special detailing package". all that is a can of scotchguard and some polish like Nu Finish you see on tv. I'm not kidding.

It appears that the finance manager is apparently trying to get a sucker with those beginning prices. I think you got a fair deal on the lojack + warranty though. Glad you held out.

I would suggest to all others going to this dealership or any place, to beware of the finance guy. They ARE the same type of salesguy that tells meets you at the door and tries to play numbers including that 4 square paper.

btw sticker is a great price because it's a seller's market on this car. I paid the same while other dealerships were above.

happy new year!

Old 12-31-2006, 05:55 PM
congrats on the car! still shopping for mine, i might be picking one up from chris. Heard hes a good guy to deal with, cant wait for it to happen.

Old 12-31-2006, 10:29 PM
I think that the extended warranty worth it cuz there's so many computers in that car (16) and sensors...