Which Dealership?

Old 04-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Which Dealership?

Which dealership did you guys get your Fit from? I am trying to find one to take care of me. How much over MSRP did you pay? I won't pay over MSRP and I want a white Fit Sport in manual transmission.

Ryan

Old 04-02-2007, 05:36 PM
I purchased mine last year from out of state. I was hurting for a new car and wanted a Fit. The only dealership from around here that had one was Honda West. I had talked with their Internet sales person and we had agreed on a price over the weekend. When I went in on Monday to purchase the vehicle suddenly they wanted $4000 more then MSRP. After going back and forth for several hours I left. I went to Desert Honda and looked there they had one but by the time I went to make a deal on it they sold it. I went to Shack-Findlay and they didn't have any at all.

If I were to purchase another Fit from the three I would only buy from Shack-Findlay. Both Desert and Honda West want to add their 'special' packages that amount to $500-$1000 worth of crap. If I remember right Desert calls theirs the 'Desert' package. They had some paint protector to the car that you get refreshed every couple months. Honda West did something very similar.

When dealing with Shack-Findlay's service department with my old Accord they were really great. The girl I worked with pretty much told me. Hey we will flush and fill the transmission and clear the check engine light. Then pretty much stay under 70 MPH to prevent it from coming on in the future. The reason being that to actually fix the problem required replacing the ECU and they couldn't guarantee that replacing it would resolve the issue and I wasn't about to spend $2000+ on a car only worth $4000.

Hope this is the kind of advice you were hoping for.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:38 PM
I won't pay over MSRP, so if neither Desert or Honda West will do that, they are out of the question. If Shack Findlay will do MSRP and has a white one coming in, I will get it there. Thanks!

Ryan

Old 04-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Well they, Desert and West, will say they are doing MSRP. At the same time when you look at the options they always add some stupid package that is totally proprietary. Of the two I will say that Desert came across more honest then West. For me West is hell spawn and I wouldn't send my worst enemy over there to get a car.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will stick with Shack or go to SoCal. I want to get it from JDMChris, but he doesnt have a white manual Sport coming in until the end of May.

Ryan

Old 04-02-2007, 08:04 PM
Thanks, but no thanks. I will take my business elsewhere. I am an enthusiast with an S2000 and am looking to use the fit as my daily driver. Being an enthusiast, I know that there are plenty of dealerships around that will sell them at MSRP and are receiving more than 5 per month. Thank you for trying to insult my intelligence.

Sincerely,

Ryan Mahoney

From: nmercado.hondawest@eleadtrack.net [mailto:nmercado.hondawest@eleadtrack.net]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 4:59 PM
To: Ryan Mahoney
Subject: HONDA WEST

Honda West - Honda Fit April 02, 2007

Hello Ryan,

I received your email in regards to pricing on the 2007 Honda Fit Sport with manual transmission.

This car is in very high demand and limited production by Honda. When Honda decided to bring this great car to the United States, they limited the production to 50-60,000 units for 2007. We can't get enough of them to keep up with the demand. They are being reserved before delivery with customers placing deposits on a particular FIT model. Every Honda dealer in the United States receives 5 FITS per month

With this in mind, we are selling the Honda FIT above MSRP plus our dealer fees of $616.25 and Nevada sales tax.

Your price would be:

$16,765.00
+ 616.25 dealer fees= doc fee-399.00; vehicle theft registration-189.00; Nevada title-28.25
+ 1,347.05 Nevada sales tax
_________
$18,728.30

At this time, we have a Taffeta White with black interior and manual transmission on order with Honda. It is scheduled to be built on 4/28 and should arrive by the end of May.

In order to get the color and model that you want, come in and place a deposit on an incoming unit. This is easy to do with your deposit being fully refundable.

I am here to answer any questions that you may have. Just give me a call or direct email.

Click "HERE" for directions to HondaWest.

Sincerely,

Nelson Mercado
Internet Sales Manager
www.hondawest.net

Old 04-02-2007, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member
Fit price

I picked up my Fit sport from Honda West. I refused to pay anything more than MSRP plus tax and title. I walked out paying 18,500 total. I had to deal with the sales department which sucked ass but bottom line they had the color and trim I was looking for. The Fit sales depend on how many civics are sold and I went there because they sell more hondas/civic than any other Nevada dealership.
~Alex

Old 04-06-2007, 03:25 PM
I will be going to put a deposit on a Fit tomorrow at Shack Findlay. The build date is the 16th, so I figure I will get it around the middle of May. I can't wait to get it and also so that I can bring the S2000 to the paintshop. I need a car to drive, so I have to wait for the Fit before I can paint my S2000 and Im also waiting for the last of the parts to come in.

I will be ordering springs, rims, and tires within the next few weeks. Within the first couple of days ill put the wheels/tires, springs, and tint on.

Ryan

Old 04-08-2007, 04:42 AM
5 Year Member
I got mine from shack-findlay. I had a good experience. msrp is good.

ps. that email from honda west makes me very glad that i didnt go there. They tried to spring some "knowledge" on me, and that was why I went looking elsewhere.

Old 04-10-2007, 11:34 AM
Well I put my deposit down on the Fit on Saturday. It appears that the build date is the 18th of April, so I should be getting the car right around the middle of May if my calculations are correct.

Im hoping to have the springs, wheels/tires, and tint on the car within the 1st week.

Ryan

Old 04-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Or so you are going to tease us huh. Not going to let us know what kind of deal you struck!?!

Old 04-10-2007, 07:39 PM
MSRP for the car .

Old 04-11-2007, 11:16 AM
Good to hear that you got the deal that you wanted. Just a bummer that you are going to have to wait so long for it to come in.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:57 PM
It just means that I have to drive the S2000 more. The S2000 will be going to the paintshop as soon as the Fit comes to repaint the whole exterior since I just got a lot of new parts.