Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Penske Honda Ontario - SoCal USA :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 11:21 PM
5 Year Member
Cool Penske Honda Ontario - SoCal USA :)

I got mine a month ago. Had looked around, called and found one at Penske. Talked to Freddy Avalos in sales, said he had it and i'd be over in 10 minutes. Said he'd go put a note on the car. Damned if it wasn't already being sold when he grabbed the note from the sales desk. When I got there, he appologized but did say he wasnt sure if the deal was solid. I went off to work and started checking around. Santa Ana Honda fleet dept. offered to do a dealer check for me and told me there where 4 dealers in SoCal with a Blue Sport Auto. Pacific Honda in San Diego had sold it, Penske still showed up on the list, Galpin up in LA wouldn't answer their phone at 8pm on a Thursday. Finally i got hold of the dealer in El Centro (read:you can see Mexico from their driveway 175mi drive one way for me but they had one that would be ready in the morning. They called me around 9:30, said it was $500 over sticker. I put a deposit on my Visa and told them I would be down in 3 hours or so.

Not 15 minutes later!!!! Freddy calls and says he jsut got in and saw the car ont he lot...turns out the other buyers wanted a stick.

I told him to go sit in the car with the keys and I'd be there in 15 minutes. Got there and all was good, in/out in 1 hour. They got me a decent finance rate (9%) and offered a fair trade in ($1000 w/ 160,000 but i kept my 97 Civic DX and sold it to a friend who wanted it for $1500 MORE
and my Credit Union gave me 5% so I had them give me a 7day option on the contract to pay it off.

The dealer in El Centro was cool and refunded the deposit no problem.

I am so happy with them i now refer my customers to them for Honda Service rather than Metro in Montclaire who wanted $1500 over sticker. I had been having them service my cars despite being a 30mile drive since i liked the service writer there.

If you go to Penske, tell Freddy the Alarm guy from Sunrise Ford sent you

NEW INFO, Well i have had the car for 2 months now and have 17,000 miles on it already. They had to repaint the front bumper and it was no hassle. But when I got it back the windshield had a crack in it. Seems they have had a couple with stress cracks like this. So they handled it on the next oil change on this past Friday. This was despite it having been subsequently hit by flying piece of tire. These guys have been ABSOULUTLY GREAT.

And again.. it has been over 4 years now and I am at 235K miles.. My service adviser Debbie Umbright has been GREAT! no BS, no unneeded up-sells or frivolous stuff.

Last edited by alarmgui; 02-07-2011 at 06:22 AM. Reason: update