Racing A place to discuss upcoming and past Fit racing events.

The slow beast on circuit...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
The slow beast on circuit...

My fastest lap:

My fastest "wet" lap:

My best on the day was almost .6 seconds slower than my best back in November and I pieced 3 laps together within .2 with 2 of those almost identical. My first 2 sessions ended early because of red flags (somebody else's doing) and lost 5 minutes in each. It sucks because in session 2 I was on my personal best and think I might have eeked out a high 1:21, which would have been a second quicker than my best back in November. Then the snow really started melting and there was standing water going into the final corner that had the car hydroplaning enough that I didn't go back out for a fourth session. Just wasn't worth it and my daily AD08s, 1 picked up a screw on the drive over so that was a no go to. My front A050s have some tread depth left, but they are closer to slicks currently which was causing the hydroplaning.

I was relegated to this this past weekend instead of being at Suzuka right now for a J's event, because of my hectic work right now. I was so looking forward to Suzuka full course this time, just to see what the slow thing could actually do out there.

As slow as the Fit is, it pretty much always has some others come over to see what is going on while in the paddock. Think they just can't believe a Fit is doing what it is doing compared to their higher powered cars. Though there were a couple Suzuki Swifts out on course that were quite a bit quicker coming out of the corners which resulted in them able to pull away slightly, the Fit needs about 20~25ps more and it would be so much better, then again another 100ps more and it would be insanely fun whooping up on Snisens (S2000s) down the straight as in the corners right now they are not really faster than me. Of course it does come down to who is pushing said cars, but with the people that are out there when I go, most of the time I don't have any issues in the corners holding up "faster" cars, it's when the straight comes that I give way properly.

Old 02-25-2014, 03:40 AM
5 Year Member
Enjoyed the videos. Like the graphics along the bottom.

Watching the car ahead go through the standing water I woulda S*** when I hit it.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:10 PM
5 Year Member
sick!!

Well done man! I always get a kick when I see vids of fellow fitfreaks showing the full potential of our little badass cars lol

Old 06-05-2014, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Thanks for sharing 555... always look forward to your track vids.