Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.
View Poll Results: Old Posts worth anything to you new guys???
Yep, I have read a bunch and found good info
88.00%
Nope, never bothered to look and don't care
0%
Who cares I just want my questions answered
0%
What are old posts??
12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

New guys actually read old posts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Ritzbury
I need a Mark 1 mod 2 DIY

Old 12-21-2007, 03:42 AM
Claymore,

You are just asking for someone to do a brand spankin new post front page on "How do I Mark 1 mod 2 EYEBALL!!!" HAAHAAaaaahaa

Or does that type of humor only exist in my little world?

Old 12-21-2007, 08:47 AM
Banned
My attempt at humor did it's JOB the next time you guys go to search you will be thinking about the Mark I Eyeball

Old 12-21-2007, 11:10 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I read the forums for a month or so before I bought my Fit. Also nearly all of my questions have been answered by searching or reading for a few minutes.

So yes, some new guys actually read older posts.

Old 12-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
it'd be MUCH better if that 30sec lock-out was eliminated on the search
engine. that is one of the most annoying features of this site.

newbs dont know the right keywords to search, get locked-out of the
search engine for 30sec after mistyping a word and gets annoyed and
starts a new thread for a quick answer.

most people dont care about staying on the forums too long... they
want a quick answer and get the car/parts and go enjoy it.

ive been modding cars for a while so know most of the popular keywords
to search. for most youngling just starting his first car, he's not going to
know what to look for.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:41 AM
When I get the chance, I go back and read over old threads and see if I can find anything interesting, and whenever I have a question I do some basic searches to try and find the answer first. If the search function leads me to a dead end, I generally post something in an existing thread on the same subject or a related subject. Many posters don't have the patience to deal with the search function though, or simply aren't aware of it. I agree the 30 second lockout is a PITA, and probably discourages people from using the search function in the future. Also searches often lead to locked threads, or polls like this one which can be discouraging if you need specific input. Overall though, I don't find navigating the search function all that difficult and I don't think others do either...

Old 02-16-2008, 11:11 AM
5 Year Member
Haha. I just noticed that Claymore has since been banned. Not that it matters since that dude is on a number of other forums. But he was the problem in the first place with people not being able to find anything on this damn message board. He consolidated threads making the search function obsolete and making people sort through page after page in a jacked up thread to find a one to two word answer to their question(s).

Old 02-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Ritzbury
Originally Posted by osborne
Haha. I just noticed that Claymore has since been banned. Not that it matters since that dude is on a number of other forums. But he was the problem in the first place with people not being able to find anything on this damn message board. He consolidated threads making the search function obsolete and making people sort through page after page in a jacked up thread to find a one to two word answer to their question(s).

claymore.... banned?!?!!

party at my place!

Old 02-21-2008, 03:57 AM
5 Year Member

Guys, the question would be better answered with a subquestion:
How many of you actually take your time and read a manual for a new device you purchase before you start messing with it?

There are some of us that are patient and some of us that wont it and wont it now. No, yesterday! That will never change. You can't please everyone.

For me patience started coming with age. On the age topic, age and maturity level have nothing in common, IMO!

Personally, if I have to read 200 page manual just to set the device up - product failed! World is starting to move at such a ferocious pace and our lives are getting so hectic who has times to "study".
Most engineers are getting so wound up in their profession they are not seeing a forest from a tree. Not everybody is "technical".
There is also a general lack of common sense/street smart in the world.

I am not trying to insult anybody. Please forgive me if you felt I did.
All I am saying is:
#1 veterans use tags in your threads more,
#2 newbies try using the search option as best as you can and then contact Tyler, or send somebody you hate to Claymore when he gets back!

Guys lets just have fun and help your fellow members no matter how new they might be.
We were all newbies at some point!