Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Video sticky?? or forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 05:53 AM
Banned
Video sticky?? or forum

Is there a better way of managing all the videos from youtube that some people (Like tonyd3773) post daily? Most days it's about 10 videos that fill up the new post section and everyone has to look through the new posts section to try and avoid them.

There has to be a better way like a sticky post just for linked Youtube videos so all the videos would be in one post instead of filling the new posts section.

That way people that don't think this is the new youtube forum wouldn't have to trip over all the posts they have no interest in. If people want to look at youtubes they can look them up themselves at youtube or look in ONE post so there aren't several new posts daily.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:32 AM
I cant totally agree that the video's clogging up the new post thread bother me but its not a bad idea to have a sticky thread for videos in the off topic section. It would be easier for members to search through them if the videos were in one thread and all together and then updated from there. Its not a very big or pressing issue but i dont think it would hurt to try it. Thanks for your time.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:37 AM
There is always a better way finding it can be the unpleasant part though.

Have you personally shot this out to the mods and Admin for advice?

We tried something like this for the wasteland and it worked out ok. I dont remember if it also became consolidated though. And yes I am too lazy to go look (the mouse button is too far away )

I wonder how much personal configuration can be achieved on ones FF.net account. (achieved as in expanded and upgraded) That would probably take a site revision though.

tonyd3773? videos? I had no idea... its a good thing you pointed him out personally! Wouldn't want people to get confused or anything.
haaahaaa

he is the video guru ya know.....

Old 03-21-2008, 06:47 AM
ya know the more I think about it a possible compromise may just be updating the "days" vids.

So... instead of posting 5 vid threads during the day, just post one thread of vids that day and update it throughout the day.

But I have no personal knowledge of what "everyone" feels like.