Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Ethical Crisis!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
And there he goes again; he just recommended a 205/50/R16 tire to somebody with a +43 offset wheel like an hour ago.

Oh, my foul foul.

What do we know?
We know that +42 16" wheel with a 205/50/R16 tire could potentially rub on a 2007/2008 Fit

yeah, so TR has a +43

We know that the new 2009 Fit is even more sensitive and this risk increases

your point is????

We know that 1mm is not enough of a safety factor to NOT say anything at all when asked directly

so should they sell only +45s??????

We know the person was specifically asking "will this rub" and "I don't want to modify".... yet he said nothing but this;

They have a guarantee...... dah

Ok, might I suggest you say something like this instead?

"There is a good possibility that will cause some minor rubbing, you may need to modify to make it work, especially considering that the 2009 Honda Fit tends to be even more sensitive than the 2007/2008 models when it comes to offset"

Really... I am lost for words. I just don't see why we/you can't tell people that something might be a problem!? Am I really being so unreasonable here?
"Cry cry cry cry, you should do it my way."

That's why I can't stand you and why I wanted to chime in and tell Tire Rack they only deserve props instead of public smearing (even if you say it's not and it's your own personal crisis)

Old 04-21-2009, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 08FitSport
"Cry cry cry cry, you should do it my way."

That's why I can't stand you and why I wanted to chime in and tell Tire Rack they only deserve props instead of public smearing (even if you say it's not and it's your own personal crisis)
Okay, so can you stop being a little bitch now? You've done that. Way to take a useful thread and make it your own personal cat fight.

Last edited by secondspassed; 04-21-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Public smearing? lol, and you were the one complaining about exageration before

So really you chimed in because you "can't stand me", I will take that as a compliment coming from you

The purpose of the thread is pretty clear; for people like yourself who camber & don't car about rubbing well all the power to you... this thread was intended to help folks who want to get a totally rub free setup on thier stock Fit and if you havn't been following there are threads everyday popping up about this exact subject. Part of helping those people is informing our sponsors and other tire shops about what works and what does not when discrepencies arise.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:07 PM
the true test

OK, Yesterday I went on their site and found some rims I like the look of and tires that fit them. I called tirerack and spoke with a rep, telling him my number one priority was to get good looking rims that did not rub. Told him I had a 100% stock 2007 sport fit and saw the 17x7 Sport Tuning Jet SDC with a +40 were listed as being a fit for my stock Fit. He said they would fit no problem, no rubbing at all. I then selected the 205/40ZR-17 General Exclaim UHP XL for the rubber. He again said it will bolt right on, no problem. No rubbing.

After reading the threads about them this morning, I called Jim. He said the offset was a little tight, but should work without a problem and he would check against the drawings to be sure. He said that if there was a problem of rubbing, that they would ship the tires back at thier own expense. That floored me that he promised to stand behind the product that well!

The proof will be in the pudding when I get the tires/rims by Thursday and install them! I have my fingers crossed!

Old 04-22-2009, 12:38 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Cool man, I am glad you had a read and found it useful; thanks for the feedback! Sometimes I wonder if I am just blowing hot air for no reason

I don't doubt they will ship them back, this is really just avoiding the hassle all together. Tirerack is a good place to pick up your tires from and at least be able to sleep at night knowing they are not a fly-by-night business or something.

Because you are going with a 40 series tire that will buy you some extra clearance. I do think it is a bit touch and go, it might be no problem OR you may end up with slight rubbing like 08FitSport did.

I usually find a good test is get three of your biggest buddies and put them in the back seats... then find a couple of speed bumps and cruise over them with the windows down. If it rubs you will feel & hear it, if it passes this test you are pretty much home free!

Old 05-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by brdss
OK, Yesterday I went on their site and found some rims I like the look of and tires that fit them. I called tirerack and spoke with a rep, telling him my number one priority was to get good looking rims that did not rub. Told him I had a 100% stock 2007 sport fit and saw the 17x7 Sport Tuning Jet SDC with a +40 were listed as being a fit for my stock Fit. He said they would fit no problem, no rubbing at all. I then selected the 205/40ZR-17 General Exclaim UHP XL for the rubber. He again said it will bolt right on, no problem. No rubbing.

After reading the threads about them this morning, I called Jim. He said the offset was a little tight, but should work without a problem and he would check against the drawings to be sure. He said that if there was a problem of rubbing, that they would ship the tires back at thier own expense. That floored me that he promised to stand behind the product that well!

The proof will be in the pudding when I get the tires/rims by Thursday and install them! I have my fingers crossed!
Any update on the wheels?