Texas Fits, Anything goes thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by Hootie
Heck yeah! Event day is Sept. 13th! ^.^
hey I'm joining bmwcca. if you give me you're member # i will give you the referral.

let me know

Old 09-04-2015, 12:35 AM
5 Year Member
PM sent... about 10 to 20 minutes ago.

Old 09-04-2015, 01:01 AM
PM sent... about 10 to 20 minutes ago.
so I got my brother all pumped to come and bring his 911, then he found out it was on sunday and backed out citing football.... lame.

going to research how to remove my back seats to hopefully give me a lil more competitive edge against the s2000

Old 09-12-2015, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by FitMinister
I work in the memorial area. Westheimer and the Beltway.

Side note.....Hot Import Nights is coming to Houston this December. Anyone wanna meet up and head that way when the time comes?
I'm in... let me know.

Old 03-06-2016, 09:25 PM
Hot import nights

Anyone going to dfw hot import nights saturday?

Old 03-07-2016, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
I won't be due to working that day and distance.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:48 PM
My bad it's next satutday the 19th. Lol

Old 03-10-2016, 01:45 AM
Does anyone around DFW have any experience with a shop doing basic head work (valve job, guides, cleaning, inspection, assembly, etc)? I'm restoring a CRX and having trouble finding a recommended place.

Old 09-24-2016, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
Hey hey, I hope everyone is well!

A good bit of time has passed, I'm curious to see how many members are still active out in here.

Old 09-24-2016, 11:58 PM
I keep this thread monitored and occasionally browse the classifieds for Swifts. GE8 is still my DD. ED9 in the garage having a complete engine rebuild (I went with NTX Machine for the question asked above).

Old 09-25-2016, 10:56 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Still here, still have my Fit, we just crossed 54,000 miles.

I gave up FITFRK plates a few weeks ago, so in case someone else wants them, have at it.

I never see any modded Fits on my side of Houston any more...I guess people have moved on. I would sell mine if I could afford to buy another car...or if there were any of them that I liked the styling on. Primarily b/c of size issues and comfort issues - in Houston the roads are so bad that I'd like to have a better cushiony suspension as well as be higher for visibility and b/c of frequent flooding.

But to all current and former Texas Freaks....

Old 09-25-2016, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by andvari101
I keep this thread monitored and occasionally browse the classifieds for Swifts. GE8 is still my DD. ED9 in the garage having a complete engine rebuild (I went with NTX Machine for the question asked above).
Nice! I haven't heard of that shop... Could post up pics of their finished work when your parts return?

As for Swift springs, keep an eye on the Fit Marketplace page on Facebook as well as Amazon.com. You'll be surprised what deals come around on both pages.

Originally Posted by Juliane
Still here, still have my Fit, we just crossed 54,000 miles.

I gave up FITFRK plates a few weeks ago, so in case someone else wants them, have at it.

I never see any modded Fits on my side of Houston any more...I guess people have moved on. I would sell mine if I could afford to buy another car...or if there were any of them that I liked the styling on. Primarily b/c of size issues and comfort issues - in Houston the roads are so bad that I'd like to have a better cushiony suspension as well as be higher for visibility and b/c of frequent flooding.

But to all current and former Texas Freaks....
... That's not even broken in yet. Haha

It does seem that the Fit community has dwindled down here but I'm sure some are either inactive on the forum or straggling around know the shadows... I can think of two, possibly 3 people now off the top of my head come to think about it.

I also agree with the roads in Houston. Usually I head up to Houston Police Academy with the BMW Club for autocross usually every 3rd Sunday of the month and usually have my teeth rattled by these janky roads and patience tested with horrible drivers.

Old 09-25-2016, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member

... That's not even broken in yet. Haha

It does seem that the Fit community has dwindled down here but I'm sure some are either inactive on the forum or straggling around know the shadows... I can think of two, possibly 3 people now off the top of my head come to think about it.

I also agree with the roads in Houston. Usually I head up to Houston Police Academy with the BMW Club for autocross usually every 3rd Sunday of the month and usually have my teeth rattled by these janky roads and patience tested with horrible drivers.
LOL, getting ready to need new tires though. The initial set wore out in 3 years, this set in 5. The roads play a huge role in that. Just horrible and since we are in financial deficit in Houston, they won't be improving any time soon.

Don't even get me started with the drivers! It's all I can do to keep my sanity most days.

Old 10-05-2016, 06:10 PM
Howdy

Hey everyone. New guy here. I'm in DFW and my Fit is a black 2010 AT base model.

Just passed 60k miles recently after having to let it sit at the end of my parent's driveway for a few months while I waited to get those darn Takata airbags fixed(I had the worst luck with loaner cars from Enterprise while I waited).

Definitely looking to mod my car in the future, but for now I'm poor and just happy to have my Fit as a daily driver.

Also, if anyone is interested, I'm a member of the car club at my alma mater UT Dallas. We have meetups every month, so if there are any DFW Fit owners who'd be interested in coming to next month's meet, we totally need to make a full row of Fits in the parking garage where the meets are held. It'd be good times!

Last edited by VerneTheFit; 10-05-2016 at 06:16 PM.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:35 PM
Just picked up a 2010 Fit Sport Manual and am in Austin. Bought it at 96k miles, taking it in to get the airbag replaced tomorrow.

I'm also looking to get into modding eventually, but will probably start with some basics I always do: tinting and wheel locks. Any other must-do mods?

Old 11-20-2016, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member
I still lurk around here every so often... About all I am able to do these days is wander around out in the barn and look at the bits and pieces of the projects I have become overwhelmed by.

Old 11-22-2016, 05:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by injineer
Just picked up a 2010 Fit Sport Manual and am in Austin. Bought it at 96k miles, taking it in to get the airbag replaced tomorrow.

I'm also looking to get into modding eventually, but will probably start with some basics I always do: tinting and wheel locks. Any other must-do mods?
Hello and welcome! As far as mods... What are you using the car for or looking to get out of the car? Simple and functional daily driver? A fun daily with a few mild goods to make fun in the hill country? A mobile couch that you can take on road trips? Or something other...

I'm good at the fun and functional bit.

Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I still lurk around here every so often... About all I am able to do these days is wander around out in the barn and look at the bits and pieces of the projects I have become overwhelmed by.
De, I'm still up for heading your way to help you get your Fit sorted. I just need to get financially stable again before I start taking off on road trips.

Old 11-25-2016, 03:13 PM
Texas Coyote has another fit?!?!?! GE8 K24 swap build?

btw - I regret not buy your car when it was for sale.

Old 12-22-2017, 12:30 PM
New owner from Austin

Old 12-22-2017, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member
Hey JARblue, what did you get?

Quick Reply: Texas Fits, Anything goes thread