1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Weird engine problem 🤔

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2021, 01:51 PM
Weird engine problem 🤔

I recently bought a GD1 (i-DSI) as a daily driver and everything is pretty solid on this car but for some weird reason the car begins to stutter when the engine is warm. It’s only when I want to back it up to park that you can hear something isn’t right.

Kick clutch in, slow on the gas and around the 1500rpm range you can here it stutter, kinda sounds like a soft launchcontrole (no bangs only the rpm holding)😅.

if you play with the gaspedal and back it up then no stutter at all!

Also when normal driving no weird things, it goes when you step on the gaspedal, no hesitation, stuttering etc etc nothing.

Checked for codes only got a P0420 ( that’s because of a cheap non-oem catalytic converter)

And code 22 (something with the speed sensor signal).

Speedo is ready just fine, no weird hestitation when you floor it or sticking on 1 point for a sec and it’s reading the correct speed.

The Problem is only noticeable when the car is warm (15min highway drive or around town).

What could it be?

The things I did when I bought the car:
•replaced the spark plugs with Denso’s
•checked the coil packs
•premium gas
• and semi cleaned the throttle body

Going to check the wiring under the throttle body this saturday because I heard that’s a common problem for these cars. 🤔

Old 10-26-2021, 08:24 PM
Some what the same problem

So I’m experiencing the same problem but I’m having the stuttering/jumping problem when I’m driving normal and it happens between the speed of 20 mph to 50mph, I thought it was a fuel injector problem but I already added cleaner and I thought it was fixed but it is still doing it. So I’m anxious to hear any suggestions

Old 11-08-2021, 12:53 PM
Fixed the problem!

it was the EGR port on the intake manifold that was pretty gunked up with crap!

cleaned everything, also the EGR and the throttle body and so far so good! 👌🏼

Old 11-12-2021, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by suprman182
So I’m experiencing the same problem but I’m having the stuttering/jumping problem when I’m driving normal and it happens between the speed of 20 mph to 50mph, I thought it was a fuel injector problem but I already added cleaner and I thought it was fixed but it is still doing it. So I’m anxious to hear any suggestions
Your issue sounds like the sparkplug/coil packs going bad.