1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

GD online helms manuals

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 04:04 PM
I think cars should just come with service manuals included in the price. Wouldn't that make sense and save people a bunch of money from being screwed over by a mechanic?

Old 09-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
I think cars should just come with service manuals included in the price. Wouldn't that make sense and save people a bunch of money from being screwed over by a mechanic?
I absolutely agree, but this would also make it harder for the dealership service dept. to screw the new car owners.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
lol best thing i've found so far... and oh man is it a crappy site
http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual.htm

Old 09-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Old 09-19-2008, 06:48 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Juliane
Yep, good suggestion. Feddup won't like it though, stubborn German that he is- it isn't FREE. The rest of the posters here, BID ON THAT SUCKER!

Old 09-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
With all of the money being spent on mods and anal retentive devotion to Honda maintenance specs, you guys can't afford a Helms Fit Service Manual? It's the best money you will spend on the car.

If you had your own manual, you wouldn't have to wait hours, days or weeks for a member to post the answer to your questions- you'd have it available 24/7. Your first purchase after buying any new car should be the service manual.

If you have that for a reference, even if you only have the dealer or some other shop do your service work, you can tell in advance if somebody is giving you a b.s. diagnosis of your problem, or is trying to sell you unnecessary repair work.

alright, how many of you guys put your cursors over manxman's post
hoping it was a link to a download?

Old 09-19-2008, 09:31 PM
ebay mania

I'd pay that price for the manual but I'll bet it's at least $50 when it sells + shipping. I might actually watch it but I've seen SO many deals explode in the last 60 seconds. Plus after this post we'll be against one another which should thrill the seller.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by feddup
I'd pay that price for the manual but I'll bet it's at least $50 when it sells + shipping. I might actually watch it but I've seen SO many deals explode in the last 60 seconds. Plus after this post we'll be against one another which should thrill the seller.
Well, you made me check. Only two bids so far at 6:36 PM Fri. Shipping is $6.98. Go ahead-- bid.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:49 PM
early

Originally Posted by manxman
Well, you made me check. Only two bids so far at 6:36 PM Fri. Shipping is $6.98. Go ahead-- bid.
If you bid this early you'd just be screwing yourself. In the last 5 minutes is the time to move. I really hate the auction format. Something like road rage happens to me and I end up paying too much and get pissed at myself.

I forgot what's the new price for the manual from Honda? I thought it was $80-90 maybe.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm with feddup. Like when atticus runs his mystery box auctions. I waited til the last 2 minutes last time to see what the price was at. I don't want an 07 manual either, I want the 08 I don't care if it's absolutely the same, either. I'm anal like that.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:27 PM
07?

I'm with feddup. Like when atticus runs his mystery box auctions. I waited til the last 2 minutes last time to see what the price was at. I don't want an 07 manual either, I want the 08 I don't care if it's absolutely the same, either. I'm anal like that.
I'm glad you're here! I hadn't noticed that the manual was for 07. IF that was a "buy it now" price I'd still nail an 07 for $33 with shipping. I'm just saying it'll be $60 with shipping. I've "WON" so many ebay auctions and ended up feeling like the wiley coyote gathering my burnt fur off the ground. The roadrunner (the seller) goes "beep beep" off with my cash. Sorry I've got burnt! $30 I'll do it $60 NO F^%&$*G WAY! If the used price approaches 75% of new, call me a weirdo but, I want a NEW ONE THEN! I still hope the libraary comes through and my total cost will be an hour or 2 scanning time. Call me Ebenezer!

Old 09-19-2008, 10:37 PM
I agree if the used version is $50 less than a new copy, I'd prefer the new copy. I just don't like dog-eared pages or, in this cars' case maybe, sticky pages? lol that was a little uncalled for if there are any folks over 35 maybe. I'd love to find a sealed in plastic 08 manual for $80 including ship. I seriously don't want to pay more than that.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:50 PM
picture

I agree if the used version is $50 less than a new copy, I'd prefer the new copy. I just don't like dog-eared pages or, in this cars' case maybe, sticky pages? lol that was a little uncalled for if there are any folks over 35 maybe. I'd love to find a sealed in plastic 08 manual for $80 including ship. I seriously don't want to pay more than that.
The sticky pages at least would be car grease and nothing scary. I looked at the photo of the manual and it does look pristine. I'm still not paying over $35 and that's landing on my front door!

This reminds me of a funny story. I'm not trying to make ethnic slurs but if that's how it comes out than SORRY! You mentioned "sticky pages". Actual mechanics get greasy. Whites think there so uppity. Several times at a nearby Autozone on Friday night at near closing time there will be ten brothers buying air fresheners or those carpeted steering wheel covers and three beat up white dirtbags looking like goober from the Andy Grifith show (white trash whatever I happen to one of them!!!) with like water pumps or starters in their hands. I've seen this scenario several times and I'm saying to myself "white supremecist MY ASS". Anyway I expect for that ebay manual to have some sticky pages. I DO NOT, however, expect for there to be a DNA issue. I'll probably get flamed for that story and I'll just have to live with it.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:02 PM
I wasn't even thinking about oily grease lol I was saying how this car just makes you fall in love with it, and well, it leads to weird stuff lol. By the way, I hate those steering wheel covers. What's the point? They're pretty ***, sorry, with flames and other white trash garbage designs on them...

Old 09-19-2008, 11:19 PM

At least an 07 manual won't have had enough time to get too greasy or dog eared. Mark my words the price will end up in "stupid land" or "near to new". I'll watch it but 35 with shipping is the limit, for me anyway.

Old 09-20-2008, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
If you bid this early you'd just be screwing yourself. In the last 5 minutes is the time to move. I really hate the auction format. Something like road rage happens to me and I end up paying too much and get pissed at myself.

I forgot what's the new price for the manual from Honda? I thought it was $80-90 maybe.
My rule for eBay is that I decide on the highest price I want to pay, then I bid in the last 5-10 seconds. That way I don't have time for "road rage" to set in.

The 07 Helms manual is $75 new. The 08 is $125. Those prices are from the helmsinc.com web site as of about three days ago, when I ordered my 08 manual. Money well spent, in my opinion.

I checked on the Haynes manual in April, when I bought my Fit. It hadn't been published yet. I'm guessing it is a combination of the newness of the model (in the States) and that most of them here are still under their warranty. Although mine won't be for much longer-- 12,000 miles in 5 months.

--Barry, 08 FS MT BBP

Last edited by bdrake; 09-20-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:06 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member

I never used to snipe an auction but I've gotten burned and now, I will snipe in the last 17 seconds of an auction if I really want the item.

My other tip is patience. If you don't see what you want, keep checking back, because one will show up sooner or later at a price you like. Used book sites may not carry car manuals - I didn't see it on Half.com. But there may be other sources I haven't explored.

Real garage sales are a waste of time and money, but I'm a queen of virtual garage sales. I've replaced stuff I never thought I would see again, like a depression-glass black amethyst vase that fell out of a window 25 years ago and shattered into tiny shards...I have the exact vase back, thanks to ebay. My kids' high school textbooks run to $150 each, but I have picked some of them up for under $20, thanks to ebay and amazon.com's used textbook sites.

But you may not find the manual brand-new. Guys, you are cheaping out on this. If you can use it, BUY IT!!! Think of it this way - just one repair that you can do yourself, or mod installed,would pay for the manual.

Old 09-20-2008, 12:20 PM

I'll keep watching ebay. Why's the 08 $125? that's ridiculous. And yeah I'm being a stubborn cheap ass about this but my car has 8K and I got an extended warranty that covers till 120K, bottom line the need is far from dire.

Old 09-20-2008, 12:22 PM
yeah the 08 being $50 more than 07 makes little sense. What's different between 07 and 08 Fits. I think it's like ONE minute detail.

Old 09-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Two

yeah the 08 being $50 more than 07 makes little sense. What's different between 07 and 08 Fits. I think it's like ONE minute detail.
It's two minute details. TPMS and a slight variation on the windshield wipers. For that an extra $50? It may have to be ebay on this one!

Quick Reply: GD online helms manuals