1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

GD online helms manuals

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 07:38 PM
GD online helms manuals

I've searched and all the previous posts turn up dead links for me. Does anybody have a good link?

Old 09-18-2008, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
tagged for interest

Last edited by GD3_Wagoon; 09-18-2008 at 07:51 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
same, these things are so hard to come by.
Originally Posted by chaaree
tagged for interest

Old 09-18-2008, 11:27 PM
agreed!

Originally Posted by chaaree
tagged for interest
Agreed! I'd rather not pay $100 but it may come to that eventually.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:02 AM
I think the only way would be to pay for it. Or if someone wants to take the time to scan every page for us all maybe lol

Old 09-19-2008, 11:17 AM
library

Originally Posted by trancedsailor
If someone wants to take the time to scan every page for us all maybe lol
If the library got it and they still might then I'd scan it in a heartbeat. The Honda gods might get angry if you publicly sent it to everyone, however. I'd rather not have a large corporation suing me.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
i'm almost positive someone could torrent a PDF version of the manual. anyone want to try?

Old 09-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Banned
With all of the money being spent on mods and anal retentive devotion to Honda maintenance specs, you guys can't afford a Helms Fit Service Manual? It's the best money you will spend on the car.

If you had your own manual, you wouldn't have to wait hours, days or weeks for a member to post the answer to your questions- you'd have it available 24/7. Your first purchase after buying any new car should be the service manual.

If you have that for a reference, even if you only have the dealer or some other shop do your service work, you can tell in advance if somebody is giving you a b.s. diagnosis of your problem, or is trying to sell you unnecessary repair work.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:53 AM
agreed

Originally Posted by manxman
With all of the money being spent on mods and anal retentive devotion to Honda maintenance specs, you guys can't afford a Helms Fit Service Manual? It's the best money you will spend on the car.

If you had your own manual, you wouldn't have to wait hours, days or weeks for a member to post the answer to your questions- you'd have it available 24/7. Your first purchase after buying any new car should be the service manual.

If you have that for a reference, even if you only have the dealer or some other shop do your service work, you can tell in advance if somebody is giving you a b.s. diagnosis of your problem, or is trying to sell you unnecessary repair work.
I totally agree with you except that I'm short on cash right now. I just made whats called an "out of system request" at my local library. There were only 4 copies in the entire Midwest so I doubt I'll get my hands on it. You can bet I'll scan it if I do. Assuming I own the car 10 years from now I'll bite the bullet and shell out the cash. I'm going to try the free angles first.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:53 AM
true that, but every other car I've ever owned, the service manual could be found at any autozone for $20. The Fit is one of the cheapest cars EVER and has one of the most expensive manuals I've ever seen in my life. Explain that logic to me. I'll buy it when I get my coilovers.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
while i whole heartedly agree with your entire post, it would be nice to save $100

**EDIT**
my post is in response to Dave's reply.. you guys post fast :P

Old 09-19-2008, 11:56 AM
haynes?

true that, but every other car I've ever owned, the service manual could be found at any autozone for $20.
Is that for the true Honda manual? A Haynes or Chiltons isn't the same. $20, $100 blah blah I want it for free.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:59 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by feddup
I totally agree with you except that I'm short on cash right now. I just made whats called an "out of system request" at my local library. There were only 4 copies in the entire Midwest so I doubt I'll get my hands on it. You can bet I'll scan it if I do. Assuming I own the car 10 years from now I'll bite the bullet and shell out the cash. I'm going to try the free angles first.
I agree with your approach. My reply above was made because of the difficulty of finding an on line version. If you can get what you need for free, it's silly to buy it. But if the free availability is as sketchy as the repair manual has been for years now, and if you CAN afford the cost, it is an excellent investment that will pay for itself in a very short time.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Banned
Is that for the true Honda manual? A Haynes or Chiltons isn't the same. $20, $100 blah blah I want it for free.
It is not true for the real Honda manual. And BTW, Chilton used to have the better quality of manual compared to Haynes. But guess what? Haynes bought Chilton. If and when a Haynes/Chilton manual is published for the Fit, you still will not find all of the Honda manual's tech. info. in the off-the-shelf parts store manual.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:14 PM
old school

I wish Honda would be a little more reasonable on the manual's cost. I'll pay some day down the road. When you're covered in grease, angry as hell, amped up on caffeine and need information fast I'd prefer to have the "old school" paper manual in my hand out in the garage. Cleaning up, going inside and bringing up the PDF file I created of the scanned manual won't be the same. I probably shouldn't say what everybody knows but scanning the libraries version isn't exactly "kosher" legally, is it? If they'd price it at say $50 then I might be more "liberal" about getting it.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:58 PM
true that, but every other car I've ever owned, the service manual could be found at any autozone for $20. The Fit is one of the cheapest cars EVER and has one of the most expensive manuals I've ever seen in my life. Explain that logic to me. I'll buy it when I get my coilovers.
I expected to find haynes or chiltons at my local kragens/autozone...none. I had one for my camry and it was indeed one of the handiest things i've gotten for that car, and it was only 20 bucks like you said. Not this 70-100 for the Fit. And there are things in the official service manual that most people really never need to have. Haynes is great for the DIY person without getting TOO technical. Thats how i feel about it.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:04 PM
none?

Originally Posted by nodrogkam
I expected to find haynes or chiltons at my local kragens/autozone...none.
That's hard to believe! Did you look on Haynes website? If the "official" $100 Honda manual is all that's available then that would be controversial.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:09 PM
library

It's kind of strange that after thinking about it my library search also brought up no Haynes manual for the Fit. Haynes must sell such things. There's not THAT many fits sold yet. It couldn't be that a relatively few # of cars combined with relative newness, in the states anyway, and superb dependability might make demand for a Haynes manual limited? I'm clueless. I want the manual just not $100!

Old 09-19-2008, 01:54 PM
That's hard to believe! Did you look on Haynes website? If the "official" $100 Honda manual is all that's available then that would be controversial.
did you look? I certainly did before i posted.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:35 PM
I just downloaded and un RARed the files and tried it. It has stuff for the fit/jazz that covers 2003-2005. Could be helpful.
Its a service manual.
funny what a simple google search yielded.
RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Last edited by nodrogkam; 09-19-2008 at 02:40 PM.

Quick Reply: GD online helms manuals