1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

>>>Bumpy ride<<<

Old 11-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Cool >>>Bumpy ride<<<

Hello,
I am a new member and I am talking in behalf of my sister. she has a 2008 fit and she is getting bothered by the ride quality on the freeway. I am sure that everyone knows what I am talking about. what I would like to know is if there is a suspension with adjustable dampeners available for the fit yet? I am hoping that Tein or Ksport are good for the fit but I am unsure. Can you guys please educate me.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:15 PM
There are aftermarket suspension parts widely available, but the OEM ride is the softest ride...at least it's the softest suspension honda has ever put in one of their production vehicles. Does she have any aftermarket rims with lower profile tires? That could be giving her a bumpier ride. Perhaps aftermarket suspension could be adjusted to be even softer - i'm not too clear on that. I do know that the car is one of the lighter cars on the road, so naturally it would be more bouncy and you would probably feel more bumps on the road than compared to a midsize/full sized vehicle weighing 800+ lbs more.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:20 PM
... my stock suspension was really nice. until i put 17's with low profile tires and then got bumpier when i went back to stock wheels with lowering springs.

if she is just stock suspension and wheels she should be riding pretty smooth.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:21 PM
I think the quality is pretty good on the freeway???

Old 11-16-2008, 10:24 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
the tanabe df210 have a soft spring rate plus lower the fit giving it a more aggressive stance.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
yea, the df210's are a bit smoother than stock from what I've been told/read.

even the skunks were I thought...

Old 11-16-2008, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
Check out this Mod...

Originally Posted by shonda1989
Hello,
I am a new member and I am talking in behalf of my sister. she has a 2008 fit and she is getting bothered by the ride quality on the freeway. I am sure that everyone knows what I am talking about. what I would like to know is if there is a suspension with adjustable dampeners available for the fit yet? I am hoping that Tein or Ksport are good for the fit but I am unsure. Can you guys please educate me.
shonda,

If you want to improve the ride of your sister's GD3, you might want to try the Monroe Air Shock mod. Take a look at this post by manxman: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-w-photos.html

Note that the Monroe MA811 shocks are not "adjustable dampers." I performed this Mod, and can tell you that the ride quality they provide on the freeway is definitely a lot better than the OEM shocks. Gabriel also makes a set that works. That model number is #49371.

Besides improving the ride, you may also enjoy the performance enhancement that they can offer. Several AutoX enthusiasts have had great luck with this mod. AutoX'er "Skimmer" used the Monroe with great sucess, and "mrFroge" used the Gabriels to help him win the SCCA H Stock Championship for 2008.

-macbuddy-

Old 11-16-2008, 11:48 PM
The car is 100% stock not looking to lower it any more because she is in Minnesota and snow is a crap and a half to get threw even with my Honda Accord with stock height. It is not so much a bumpy ride i guess but it seems to get in a rhythm that even I think is annoying. I guess she is looking for something with less rebound or a slower rebound. Which is why I wanted something adjustable so I could soften it for her until she liked it. Has Cusco made a coilover for the fit yet I love there dampening system.

i also have got to say you guys are very speedy with response thanks

Old 11-17-2008, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
2 obvious actions you can take to soften the choppy freeway ride:

1. Replace your stock tires with softer sidewall tires. You'll have to consult a true tire expert who knows how tires compare with each other.

2. Lower your tires' psi. Try 28 or 29 psi.

3. Avoid the freeway. (Joking)

Old 11-17-2008, 08:57 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
cusco does make a coilover for the fit but its more of a racing application and is stiff. skunk2 springs are really stiff. i have them now. df210 is the softest spring to fix the harse ride or soft side walled tires. you could try the t1r dampners that are coming out. contact aj racing on the forums for more info.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:47 PM
^will do thanks guys!

Old 11-26-2008, 07:14 PM
the only thing i can think of is the company showa.

they are extremely reputable, and they have japanese applications for the fit.

there are a few kits from showa - one of them is a comfort kit these should include both the springs and dampers. they may need minor modifications to make it fit in the american models in the front end, but it is the best bet, as they don't lower the car much (if any) at all.

tockico i think has their blues out - just the dampers, and should work with the stock springs. they will most definately stop the annoying "honda bounce" that comes with all hondas and acuras.

most viable bet tho is like the above post - monroe struts.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:18 PM
oh and also look into blistein dampers - they should have for japanese spec as well.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:33 PM
I am just noticing this issue with mine, ever since i got it I get backaches when I drive back and forth to school(200 miles) and I am only 19 years old, so this has gotta change, the car seems to take speed bumps and more gradual hits fairly well, but when the car hits very sharp abrupt suspension movements the shock seems to reverberate through the entire car. and I am starting to notice that my dash is squeaking some which seems out of place at 23k. I am going to talk to the dealer in a couple of weeks about how long these shocks are designed to last.
I know on my miata the shocks were only designed to last about 30k, but that was in 1990 so I am hoping that the technology in shocks has evolved.
I am thinking that the stock springs hold the car fairly well, but the shocks are not able to dampen the ride very well.
The air shocks look very cool, but I am trying to keep this car to where I can drive it anywhere anytime without having to think twice about it like I do my miata.
I am new to honda's so I would like to revert to you all about what is the normal course of action while this thing is still under warantee.
Andrew

Old 12-09-2008, 02:10 AM
I have a 07 with about 43k miles on it and yeah I'm sort of having the same issues. My front dash gets a lot of creaking or vibration noise when going over large sudden bumps. A lot of noise is constantly showing up here and there and it is getting quite annoying to try and spot them and fix them x_x

Old 12-09-2008, 10:16 AM
yup, my dash is creaking now, my dealer is gonna hate me when i get there
I am going to inquire about the life that the shocks are supposed to have as far as mileage goes.
Andrew