1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Thorn in the paw

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Thorn in the paw

Went out this morning to go to Wal-Mart for Saturday morning shopping and I have a manual garage door. As I was walking back to the Fit I noticed a large head nail sticking in my right front tire! UGH!!! It was flush with the tire so I did not touch it and drove down the back way to the tire shop. I took it down to the local tire place and they marked the spot and pulled it out. Turned out to only be a very short finishing nail and it had not gone in far enough to do any damage and there was no leak. Thank God! I was worried about them putting the car on the rack with the body kit but they said they would make sure it was OK before they lifted it. I was happy that it was nothing major and they did not even charge me anything. Nice guys! It goes in Monday for it's second oil change and tire rotation - hope that will be it for a while.

Cat :x

Old 11-22-2008, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
I managed to pick up two screws in the first month of owning my Fit. The first one required a plug-patch, and the second was only 1/2 inch long. I found the first one when the TPMS light came on, and the second when I was taking pictures after having the tint installed. Nice tire guys! -insert envious emoticon here-

Huh. I was just in Teays a couple of weeks ago. My Aunt and Uncle attend church there. I've got family in Southside and Pt., and was born in Gallipolis.

Old 11-23-2008, 01:59 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by E = Mc2
I managed to pick up two screws in the first month of owning my Fit. The first one required a plug-patch, and the second was only 1/2 inch long. I found the first one when the TPMS light came on, and the second when I was taking pictures after having the tint installed. Nice tire guys! -insert envious emoticon here-

Huh. I was just in Teays a couple of weeks ago. My Aunt and Uncle attend church there. I've got family in Southside and Pt., and was born in Gallipolis.
Well, I don't feel so bad then - sorry you had two right from the start. I've got family that live in Teays too and my Aunt from Pikeville was just here today for a quick visit - small world even for Fit Freaks!

Cat :x

Old 11-23-2008, 07:20 AM
WGE
5 Year Member
I picked up a nail in the front driver's side tire driving my new Fit home. I was surprised the next morning to see the TPMS light on and I initially blamed the dealership for poor prep but they were innocent. To make matters worse, I couldn't find the little pouch with the tire tool and the jack handle. I had to call the dealership to find out it was under the rear seat and not with the spare tire. The whole thing was rather comical.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:47 AM
Up for church 6:30 am........ tire right front..big thick wire gone through center of tire. Plugged it , put air in it and away I went. Thats how bad my luck is....cant even get to Church