1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

The Fit loves to slide!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 02:26 PM
** I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR CAR OR SOMEONE ELSES PROPERTY TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK**
First of all *make sure you have enough space to recover if something goes wrong* this is the most important part, I would reccomend finding a large empty parking lot. Ok now for the fun part... all you have to do is build up a little speed between 10-15 mph for the first couple tries, then you turn the wheel sharply to one direction and then pull the handbrake quickly and then push it back down. Remember to keep the little button depressed when you pull the handbrake otherwise its not gonna work right and you will have almost no control because your rear tires will lock up. The basic idea is to try and turn sharply one direction and then get the rear tires to lock up to help spin you around. I would reccomend playing some gran turismo or forza first just to get an idea, if not a very vauge idea of how a front wheel drive car responds in a slide. It is lots of fun I think everyone should try this in their fit atleast once it is kinda scary at first, but after you are done you will look like this guy ->

Last edited by El Chupacabura; 12-16-2008 at 12:56 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Retired Moderator
I know how to do the e-brake way heh. People say you dont have to use the e-brake though.

Old 12-15-2008, 02:39 PM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
lol " i would recommend playing some gran turismo or forza first" :facepalm:

i can see where this is going lol

be careful out there children

Old 12-15-2008, 02:44 PM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
I know how to do the e-brake way heh. People say you dont have to use the e-brake though.
you need to understand drivetrains and how they work before you learn to apply e-brake techniques.

know the difference between FWD and RWD and "understeer" and "oversteer"

Old 12-15-2008, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
YouTube - Honda Fit - Parking Lot Playground

lol........ sorry for annoying voice
I REALLLY should have tried connecting the whole thing i didnt think of it till later.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by GD3-Fit
you need to understand drivetrains and how they work before you learn to apply e-brake techniques.

Uhm..Yeah hah. I do.. I can ass drag my Fit with the e-brake no problem, thats just ass dragging. I cant get the Fits back end out without the e-brake though. Even in the wet.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
i think you gotta get off on the gas and scandi-flip that fker i wanna try it but i want to find a huge place in case i mess up

Old 12-16-2008, 12:54 AM
lol " i would recommend playing some gran turismo or forza first" :facepalm:

i can see where this is going lol

be careful out there children
oh god dammit I knew I would get this response but I posted it anyway . Ok I know that a video game is NOT REPRESENTITIVE OF REAL LIFE. All I was trying to point out was the difference between RWD AND FWD, namley the effects of over and understeer as you pointed out in your later post. All I was trying to show was that when sliding in an FWD car mashing the throttle will not induce more oversteer, moreover hitting the gas will in most situations help straighten out the car. Once more all I was trying to say by telling him to go "play some games" was just to get a general and "very vauge" idea, as I pointed out in my previous post, of how a FWD car reacts in a slide vs. how a RWD car reacts, I recind my previous statments about "playing games." I am not trying to de-value your comments GD3-Fit I was just trying to clarify my statments. So back on topic ehhhh ?

Old 12-16-2008, 09:11 AM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
Uhm..Yeah hah. I do.. I can ass drag my Fit with the e-brake no problem, thats just ass dragging. I cant get the Fits back end out without the e-brake though. Even in the wet.

you do not have a rear wheel drive car

the Fit will not behave the way you want it to because it's a completely different drivetrain

Old 12-16-2008, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
Talking

Originally Posted by accordguyintake
YouTube - Honda Fit - Parking Lot Playground

lol........ sorry for annoying voice
"yayyyyy! okok!"

Old 12-16-2008, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
that video made me lol. im not gonna lie

Old 12-16-2008, 06:07 PM
you do not have a rear wheel drive car

the Fit will not behave the way you want it to because it's a completely different drivetrain
Of course when you have a fit with the back seats and all the extra weight in the back taken out, and suspension upgrades, the back breaks out real nice and easy.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:55 PM
accordguy, the vid was awesome its super fun.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:34 PM
I have gotten my rear to kick out once on dry roads and lets just say it was very very close to ending badly lol......

Old 12-16-2008, 08:12 PM
HID Addict

i found that out the hard way

Old 12-18-2008, 12:28 AM
HOLY FUN in the snow, got about 5 inches of snow on the ground town, was a fun ride home. had some hand brake fun in the parking lot at work before i left. i think im gonna make a vid some night im off and have some more fun.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
haha god i swear i dont even have an adrenaline rush from doing this anymore... probably a bad thing :O

Old 12-18-2008, 06:09 PM
HID Addict
lol u kno wat u need? a tougher track no "p-lot playground" lol in other words, go pop your cherry

Old 12-21-2008, 05:33 PM
Banned
Location: Negative Repland (exiled by fragile ego's and "can't handle the truth" babies) LMFAO ;P
best way

Originally Posted by coupdetat
Surprising, huh? For the past few days, I've been finding every wide open intersection and sliding my way through it! It's been a little wet in CT lately, and I have very skinny 14" snow tires on my car that have little-to-no grip. Surprisingly, the car doesn't plow through hard corners but instead the rear end swings out a bit and the steering wheel gets all loose and noodly. Basically I just go down to 2nd as I'm approaching the turn and progressively turn the wheel as I give it more gas--the tail will step out most of the time, if the pavement isn't totally dry I haven't had the balls to try sustaining the slide much yet, but it definitely feels controllable to me.

So, am I being an idiot, or is this a worthy way to destroy my cheapo tires? I'm just doing this for fun BTW I have Tanabe GF210's and Progress RSB. I think a stock Fit would just plow instead of turn in.
the best way is sideways

Old 12-21-2008, 11:47 PM
im waiting for the right night, and im gonna steal some pilons from work and set up a coarse, hehe

Quick Reply: The Fit loves to slide!