1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Dilemma: Sale Fit for RDX?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 09:18 PM
buy a snow beater 02-05 crv heheh

Old 12-31-2008, 09:50 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
i love my fit, but if I could afford RDX and they were priced more reasonably, i would own one. I personally don't think the RDX is worth 33k. just my .02

Old 12-31-2008, 09:51 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by HONDAMATIC
yeah I have an m/t element sc. Fun as hell

heres why
If it came in AWD I would be a buyer, love the lines.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jtsimaras
Are you joking a Subaru has far superior AWD compared to a RDX and a STI would be the same price range as a RDX and it would rock the socks off of any acura model out there actually to come think of it the new 2009 265hp WRX would smoke any acura/honda as well. Don't get me wrong I love honda/acura they just have a somewhat boring line up when it comes to speed/awd fun.
Umm, maybe a subaru is somethign I should look into. Thanks for the advice. I believe what you said is true simply because you ar einCalgary and You guys are in snow for 6 months a year =P

Old 12-31-2008, 11:36 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Guinness
Umm, maybe a subaru is somethign I should look into. Thanks for the advice. I believe what you said is true simply because you ar einCalgary and You guys are in snow for 6 months a year =P
By the way, you will not see another winter like this year. If it is the reason you are looking to sell. The seas will rise and an earthquake will hit Van before we see another dump like 2008. 2010 certain to be snow-free with the Olympics in town, the way it goes.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:52 PM
Retired Moderator
I would do it.
Man, get the one with the tech package. Drop it(somehow haha), wheels, and some tint. Mmmmm!

Old 01-01-2009, 04:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kamakurakid
By the way, you will not see another winter like this year. If it is the reason you are looking to sell. The seas will rise and an earthquake will hit Van before we see another dump like 2008. 2010 certain to be snow-free with the Olympics in town, the way it goes.
LOL, I sure hope you are right... we are having snow again... OMG~

Happy new year btw =)

Old 01-01-2009, 09:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jtsimaras
Are you joking a Subaru has far superior AWD compared to a RDX and a STI would be the same price range as a RDX and it would rock the socks off of any acura model out there actually to come think of it the new 2009 265hp WRX would smoke any acura/honda as well. Don't get me wrong I love honda/acura they just have a somewhat boring line up when it comes to speed/awd fun.

the awd systems on acuras are actually pretty advanced. not knocking subie ofcourse because they know their crap, but so does acura, audi etc.

i'm pretty sure he just wants a more comfy and capable snow go-er. you are putting too much emphasis on performance. i can list a LOT of cars that wrx's and sti's can outrun that are more expensive, but did that stop those owners from buying those other cars? no.

if you want to give a balanced opinion fine, but don't try and cover up a biased one like its not.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
I like the Winter Beater idea.

You don't necessarily need AWD either...a <gasp> 2 - yr- old Focus with 4 snow tires would go GREAT in the snow. (The new tires would double it's value BTW.)

Your Fit looks GREAT. Hate to see you get rid of it.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Carbuff2
I like the Winter Beater idea.

You don't necessarily need AWD either...a <gasp> 2 - yr- old Focus with 4 snow tires would go GREAT in the snow. (The new tires would double it's value BTW.)

Your Fit looks GREAT. Hate to see you get rid of it.
Beater, four studded winter tires and set to go. All in less than $5,000, I could do it for maybe $2-3,000 by shopping around. This car will get you to Seattle from Van, out to the ski hills, etc.

So many options other than selling the perfect Fit.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
old-skool Impreza/Legacy

old Honda CRaVe.. hahaha

used 4wd element??

selling your car is not a good option IMO, you'll be losing ALOT of money especially since you went through all the trouble of turbocharging and the JDM conversion. Getting a cheap extra car is the way to go!

Old 01-01-2009, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
^ i agree with jason. i know you like the RDX but investment wise you'd really be hurting yourself by selling the fit

Old 01-03-2009, 05:07 AM
5 Year Member
I am actually taking a look at some lease take over... what do u think? That way I dun have to sell my Fit (which you guys are gonna het me for doing it) and I still get a winter car. Who knows? Maybe I wil buy out taht RDX at the end when I have a family later down the road.... now just living with gf =)

Old 01-03-2009, 05:32 AM
5 Year Member
I am actually taking a look at some lease take over... what do u think? That way I dun have to sell my Fit (which you guys are gonna het me for doing it) and I still get a winter car. Who knows? Maybe I wil buy out taht RDX at the end when I have a family later down the road.... now just living with gf =)
do it. keep the fit

Old 01-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Banned
Take over the lease, now you have the best of both worlds and WE now have one more reason to hate you and your bloody great life. If you have a dog and great GF/wife (one can see a female in your Fit photo), there is no room for you on this forum.

In six months time you will have a better idea of IF you want to sell the Fit, a sound decision not based on the current emotion of winter driving with the best (non winter) Fit in North America.

On a side note, did you have any issues in getting auto insurance on the turbo altered Fit in BC? You know extra fees, high costs, etc. I was reading of an Alberta Fit owner who was looking to turbo his car BUT getting auto insurance was really expensive, like 3x the normal cost.

Last edited by kamakurakid; 01-03-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kamakurakid
Take over the lease, now you have the best of both worlds and WE now have one more reason to hate you and your bloody great life. If you have a dog and great GF/wife (one can see a female in your Fit photo), there is no room for you on this forum.

In six months time you will have a better idea of IF you want to sell the Fit, a sound decision not based on the current emotion of winter driving with the best (non winter) Fit in North America.

On a side note, did you have any issues in getting auto insurance on the turbo altered Fit in BC? You know extra fees, high costs, etc. I was reading of an Alberta Fit owner who was looking to turbo his car BUT getting auto insurance was really expensive, like 3x the normal cost.
If I had a great life, then I wouldnt be lookin to sell my fit or to look into a lease takeover - I'll just BUY BIG AND BUY ALL =P

Anyway, its not THAT hard to get car insurance for modded car. Our insurance company (aka ICBC) offer this kinda insurance addon for those who put aftermarket parts onto you car and you have to pay some extra fee.

I havent look into the details yet since I just done my car not too long ago. I'll prolly take a look and write a full report for you guys.

Its snowing outside again... bah~

Old 01-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Banned
If I had a great life, then I wouldnt be lookin to sell my fit or to look into a lease takeover - I'll just BUY BIG AND BUY ALL =P

Anyway, its not THAT hard to get car insurance for modded car. Our insurance company (aka ICBC) offer this kinda insurance addon for those who put aftermarket parts onto you car and you have to pay some extra fee.

I havent look into the details yet since I just done my car not too long ago. I'll prolly take a look and write a full report for you guys.

Its snowing outside again... bah~

Beware asking too many questions of insurance companies, I would not give my name or call from a phone which will display your name. They could cancel your policy in a heartbeat if they thought you altered the Fit and did not tell them. Better safe than sorry.

The lease companies ought to be really hungry for a deal with you, sales are down for vehicles. You have the power to make the deal you want.

Keep us informed of your experience.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
RDX? really? man, i would rather have a nice 08 5MT FitS kenchan style...

Old 01-03-2009, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
Either take over a lease or buy a winter beater. You'll regret selling the Fit and end up building something else. a 5 or 6k winter car you don't care what happens to. that's what we do in Colorado.