1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

08 Fit Sport splash guards

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Question 08 Fit Sport splash guards

I've looked around on line and can't seem to find them. Does anyone manufacture them? I live in Massachusetts and lots of snow and ice seems to build in the sport body kit. Thanks for any help you can give.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
Nobody makes them because the splash guards won't fit over the side skirts.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
Honda makes some but they only work for the base model. Like super mario said, they dont fit over the sideskirts. I plan to get some splashguards for my base though

Old 01-01-2009, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
im surprised noone has made sideskirts for the sport.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:17 PM
damn that sucks ass....i dont want paint chipping off because of damn rocks.. oo well atleast that is something off my get list...

Old 01-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Yeah, I noticed only the base could get them, mostly it would be for the rear, a lot of stuff gets jammed up back there. Thanks anyway.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:17 PM
You can probably do what Evos do and use generic autozone flaps and mount them using the skirt screws.

Old 01-02-2009, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
i bought some splash guards a while back thinking i could mod/cut them to fit on the sport but when i put it up against it. it was the same size as the side skirts, if i where to move it down it would of scraped the floor...fail haha guess it was worth a try so i sold it to some guy on the forums a while back.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:07 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
What about something like this?:
Powerflow RoadGuards BadgeZ Splash Guards : JC Whitney: Auto Parts & Accessories

There are some "universal" type flaps that might work. I don't have ANY experience with them. But I'll put in a couple links and maybe one of you do-it-yourself people will try one or more of the products and find the RIGHT one that looks good and works well.

Team Vortex AERO SPORT SPLASH GUARDS : JC Whitney: Auto Parts & Accessories

https://www.tonnocover.com/product/7...lyethyene.html

splashguards Honda

Yes, I know this says Subaru, but they come in black or white and look "basic", so by browsing other car makes/models, there might be something that will adapt:
Subaru Baja Mud Guard - Mud Guards - Partstrain.com

Last, these are probably too big and too "off-road" but just in case, in red, silver, and yellow:
Welcome to Jaos

Old 01-02-2009, 02:53 AM
Originally Posted by AnlDyxp_GD3
Honda makes some but they only work for the base model. Like super mario said, they dont fit over the sideskirts. I plan to get some splashguards for my base though
Woot, bases win again!

I hope you find something that fits what you need though :\

Old 01-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Banned
Location: Negative Repland (exiled by fragile ego's and "can't handle the truth" babies) LMFAO ;P
Originally Posted by solbrothers
im surprised noone has made sideskirts for the sport.
lots have made side-skirts i.e. body kits lol jk
i know u meant mud guards for the fit sport
ANY/ALL universal flap type mud guards WILL WORK with virtually no modifications....it's just a matter of cutting and/or drilling (cutting required only if u bought ridiculously over sized ones), (drilling the guards not even really necessary if u pre-screw them)
only fancy pants style 3D style Guards will require extensive cutting mods but they will still FIT

Last edited by SFactor2; 01-02-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by willitfit
i bought some splash guards a while back thinking i could mod/cut them to fit on the sport but when i put it up against it. it was the same size as the side skirts, if i where to move it down it would of scraped the floor...fail haha guess it was worth a try so i sold it to some guy on the forums a while back.
I was thinking the same thing, there must be a way to cut the splash/mud guards to fit around the skirt molding.

Can you explain your experience?
Thanks, that would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure on the GD3's but on the GE8's the rear guards fit with no modification, its just the front's won't because of the body kit.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Banned
Nope. ONLY flat-sheet material guards will fit the GD or GE Sport Fits. All of the splash guards that show a flap that surrounds the body to the rear of the flap itself are molded to fit other cars such as Accords or Civics. I bought a set of "Road Sport Pro-Fit" splash guards on the recommendation of another ff.net member, and this maker even listed the Fit on their fit chart. They don't fit. The third link in post #9 might work, but the stainless steel part on the bottom makes it ugly.

Until some manufacturer comes up with a guaranteed set that fits Sport Fits, with a separate set of splash guards for the GD's and the GE's, save your money or buy flat sheet style guards and cut them to fit. But compared to the Honda guards for Base models, and the custom-fit guards that are made for a specific year and model, the flat sheet things don't look very good. Then again, filthy doors and fenders don't look good either. Again, none of the molded guards that I have seen actually fit the Fit.

This situation will probably change, and if anyone finds molded splash guards that actually are made for Sport Fits, please post a photo or a link. I will certainly buy them.

Last edited by manxman; 01-02-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
The third link in post #9 might work, but the stainless steel part on the bottom makes it ugly.
You can get those without the stainless steel on the bottom. Click on the "Feature Images" tab in the link:
https://www.tonnocover.com/product/7...lyethyene.html

Or see all the sizes and prices here:
https://www.tonnocover.com/cre_splas...1805P1C1T.html

There are also these, and they have several different camouflage patterns:
Stampede Products Universal Fit Camouflage MudFlaps | Stampede

You're probably thinking...
"Camouflage mud flaps???"

I admit, it is kind of weird. But pulling up the Orange Revolution Metallic on the Honda site and looking at it side by side with the camouflage patterns, it would stand out less and blend more than a black flap would.

Those ones I posted for the Subaru, those would work with the Taffeta White Sport (I think).

Edit add-on: These kind might work for the white Sport, the Power Flow Universal in white:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Power...81110007r21407

Last edited by TaffetaWhite; 01-03-2009 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Added link
Old 01-03-2009, 01:15 PM
naw man those thing look horrible... for that i saw we call mugen and ask them to make some mudflaps

Old 01-03-2009, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by VBP08GD3
naw man those thing look horrible... for that i saw we call mugen and ask them to make some mudflaps
That's a good idea! I looked at page after page of mudflaps. And there just isn't anything out there that isn't just a flap.

How much clearance around the wheels/tires is there on the Sport? Would it be a problem to have splash guards if the vehicle is modified to be lower, or to have bigger wheels?

Old 01-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i donno, i have a lot of snow here and dont want to run mudflaps.... first they're
pretty ugly (just my opinion) and also another thing to worry about when going
over bumps. my FitS rides lower so it'll probably scrape every speed bump there
is.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
i donno, i have a lot of snow here and dont want to run mudflaps.... first they're
pretty ugly (just my opinion) and also another thing to worry about when going
over bumps. my FitS rides lower so it'll probably scrape every speed bump there
is.
I was just playing around on the Build a Honda, and you could add the rear OEM Splash guards. It certainly looks like the bumper doesn't change at all. And those could be painted to match the body.

Here's a picture of the Splash guards painted red to match the car (base model):
Honda Fit / Jazz Mud Guard - $35 £ºSGcarStyling.net, Singapore Online Car Accessories Shop

That would probably look really nice on anyone's sport, it would appear to be part of the add-ons.

As far as the front wheel wells...it sure looks like the Splash guards don't cover much more than the Sport lower body panel.

Click back and forth between the base and Sport here:
Build and Price a Honda - the Official Honda Web Site

Look ONLY at the back end of the front wheel well. The lower body panel of the Sport covers, I swear, as much as the Splash guards. If that's true, then there's no reason for Honda to make Splash guards for the sport. The front already has as much protection as the Splash guards would provide. And the rear guards are available as part of a set already.

The only modification at Honda I would suggest, then, would be to make the front and back Splash guards available separately. Then Sport owners could buy just the back guards for their Sports.

The only thing that wouldn't crumble would be a flexible flap, when going over speed bumps in a lowered car.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
i suppose for a non-sport fit it might do a little for appearance but if you're
thinking or expecting much functionality from them dont expect too much.

there's a reason why true mudflaps are so damn big.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
also each time you crush the front ones on something, the hardware will loosen.
i know from experience on another car.

Quick Reply: 08 Fit Sport splash guards