1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

08 Fit Sport splash guards

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
also each time you crush the front ones on something, the hardware will loosen.
i know from experience on another car.
Absolutely correct! Same thing if one bottoms out with the Sport lower body panels. Something MUST give on impact.

The Splash guards on the base will probably do a little bit, as much as the body panel does in the front on the Sport. And adding a bit of protection for the drivers behind me with the rear guards.

It won't make that much difference to my car, for the rear splash guards. But if you've ever seen stuff thrown up by the car in front of you, and worse, had it damage your vehicle via a nick in the paint or a chip in the windshield, it becomes more important for everyone to take care of every other person's car. You know what I mean?

When I set out in my car, my goal is not to chip other cars. I don't want to hurt any other cars. Mud flaps, the huge ones, those are so important on trucks. They are there less for protection of their own vehicle and more so that their vehicle doesn't mess up other cars. That's what I think.

I will spend extra money on my car, so it won't damage yours.

Even doing things like the side body molding to help prevent chips and dings on my car provides a benefit for the morons who bang into my car with their door. Because their door edge doesn't end up chipping. Right?

It's often due to carelessness...not being in control of the vehicle door. Even with hill/slope parking (the door flying open too wide) or the wind (catching the door hard and pulling it open too wide), we still have control over it if we are paying attention. So we just need to pay more attention. That way everyone gets to have a nice looking car.