1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Thank God it was warm enough to do a clean up...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 07:56 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Thank God it was warm enough to do a clean up...

We have had so many small snow falls, freezing roads and rain that my car was looking pretty sad. Today it was over 40 compaired to the single digits we have been having. It was time to wash up my car and give it some love. Took some pictures of a few new items you guys and gals have not seen yet:

So nice to be out in the garage working on the car again!

Cat :x

Old 01-22-2009, 08:17 PM
looks really nice. i really like the mugen pillows! you are so lucky, i was going to wash my car and clean the inside this weekend, but right when i planned on it, it starts to rain just my luck. but your car looks really nice!

quick question, besides the mugen sport pedal, what other parts did you put on you car?

Old 01-22-2009, 08:41 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
you need wheels bad cat!

Old 01-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
you need wheels bad cat!
How about some Mugens to go along with the theme

Old 01-22-2009, 09:30 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kingofpicklez
looks really nice. i really like the mugen pillows! you are so lucky, i was going to wash my car and clean the inside this weekend, but right when i planned on it, it starts to rain just my luck. but your car looks really nice!

quick question, besides the mugen sport pedal, what other parts did you put on you car?
Ok you asked for it:LOL!
Mugen Racing Pedals
Mugen Window Vents
Mugen Door Sills
Mugen E-Brake Cover
Mugen Rear View Mirror Cover
Mugen License Plate Bolts
Mugen License Plate Holder
Mugen Tire Valve Covers
Mugen Dash Plates
Japanese Cat on back tow bar
Japanese Cat from rear view mirror Both direct from Japan
Mugen badge on Zeta Hatch Piece
Miscellaneous Mugen Stickers
Domo Kun Doll
Honda/Japan Flag Sticker
Japanese Symbol for Fly
Japanese Symbol for Fit
All weather mats
Cargo Cover
Cargo Tray
Exhaust Finisher

I think that is it. This summer Mugen front strut bar and painting manifold cover in Mugen colors.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:34 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
you need wheels bad cat!

I know! I wanted to do that last year but it got to late and I refused to buy my rims and then have to take them off for winter. So they will be ordered this February. New Yokohoma tires and rims - ok guys don't call me nuts but they are going to be white! I would love to do the Mugens but can't afford them so will go with something else more affordable. Can't Wait!!!!

Old 01-22-2009, 10:02 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
ill sell you my mugen rnr's for like 850-900.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Thumbs up Looks beautiful!

Whenever I see a well-maintained GD3, it makes me miss my old '07 Fit.
That is an attractive body-style.

Enjoy it while the weather is still dry! More to come.

I hate how crappy winter is on our cars! Here too in NC, especially if we get a lot of snow, it always means SALT and how ugly it makes all the cars! Can't help but think about the damage it does.

I just took mine to the car wash last night and got the underbody washed too.

Just in time for the next round!

Old 01-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
ill sell you my mugen rnr's for like 850-900.

That would be sweet! but I can't justify spending that much. My job is not solid right now due to the doctor I worked for through the hospital retired and they are not promising placement after the office officially closes. So I have enough for some nice rims and good tires saved back but I have to watch the budget until the job situation is for sure. Thanks so much for the offer - that is a great deal and those are the best rims!

Old 01-22-2009, 10:11 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
okay well, ill be holding onto them for the next month or so before i put them up for sale so let me know if your situation changes. i would like to see these wheels go on a mugen themed fit more than anything.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jrlnc
Whenever I see a well-maintained GD3, it makes me miss my old '07 Fit.
That is an attractive body-style.

Enjoy it while the weather is still dry! More to come.

I hate how crappy winter is on our cars! Here too in NC, especially if we get a lot of snow, it always means SALT and how ugly it makes all the cars! Can't help but think about the damage it does.

I just took mine to the car wash last night and got the underbody washed too.

Just in time for the next round!
Thanks - yes I keep thinking another month and February is a short one and we will be through the worst of it. Hang in there - I know winter is not through with us yet! Today they had to close down the main interstate both directions due to black ice. Burrr! It was nice that it was finally warm enough to enjoy the sunshine.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Retired Moderator
Cat, white looks sick on MR!

If your not going to lower your car, I'd suggest running 16"s. They look the best on non lowered Fits

Old 01-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
okay well, ill be holding onto them for the next month or so before i put them up for sale so let me know if your situation changes. i would like to see these wheels go on a mugen themed fit more than anything.

Thanks! I'll let you know if anything changes. That would be the perfect finish to all that is Mugen in my world!

Old 01-22-2009, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
You're my hero

Old 01-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
Cat, white looks sick on MR!

If your not going to lower your car, I'd suggest running 16"s. They look the best on non lowered Fits

I have really loved the white rims on everyone who has them on the MR and I was thinking about 16's so we will see. I would lower the car but living in Wild and Wonderful WV I would have a problem with just about everywhere I needed to go. With nothing but hills and valleys there are too many low areas that the car would be scratched to pieces. I have come close a couple of times to rubbing the front lip because of the roads around here. John Denver's Country Roads is definitely a true picture of what we have to deal with here but I love it!

Old 01-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
where are the real mods? get some EnduraTechs!

Old 01-23-2009, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
Looking good! The weather here in Ken Tuck was really nice today. I think I actually caught some sun while out cleaning up my baby from several months of dang near living in it. I've had to forego my normal wash routine and use the coin-op pressure wash because it's just been too danged cold outside to get me and the car wet.

Today, I took the time to really vacuum up all the detritus of living with snow and blech and a gravel driveway. Took over an hour with the shop-vacs (yes, plural) to get all the dirt, rocks, hair, etc. out of the car so I could clean it. I had an appt this afternoon for my 15,000 mile service (not bad, 16,000 miles since May). The wife thought I was nuts for cleaning it like I do, just to take it to the dealership. She just doesn't understand.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:09 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by E = Mc2
Looking good! The weather here in Ken Tuck was really nice today. I think I actually caught some sun while out cleaning up my baby from several months of dang near living in it. I've had to forego my normal wash routine and use the coin-op pressure wash because it's just been too danged cold outside to get me and the car wet.

Today, I took the time to really vacuum up all the detritus of living with snow and blech and a gravel driveway. Took over an hour with the shop-vacs (yes, plural) to get all the dirt, rocks, hair, etc. out of the car so I could clean it. I had an appt this afternoon for my 15,000 mile service (not bad, 16,000 miles since May). The wife thought I was nuts for cleaning it like I do, just to take it to the dealership. She just doesn't understand.
LOL! I am the same way when taking it in for my oil changes it has to be washed and detailed on the interior. The guys in service said that I am the only Fit owner who has actually done any changes on their car. They told me they go around the car and try to spot the new Mugen parts or anything different that I've added before they start working on it.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
where are the real mods? get some EnduraTechs!
Kenchan - Mods equals modifications i.e The act of modifying or the condition of being modified. A result of modifying. A small alteration, adjustment, or limitation

I thought they were "real" mods - LOL. My focus is not on gaining more hp, torque or toot. I have great respect for those guys and gal who are experts at adding to their cars performance. My desire was to own an import made in Japan and to keep that car true to its birthplace. When I saw my first issue of Siphon and saw Marcs Mugened themed MR it was my inspiration.Mugen means without limits or no limits - whether performance or appearance they are still modifications to your car. It gave me a view of what the car could be and at the age of 50 I began my first experience with not allowing my car to sit stock. My little MR gets noticed and attention not from items that people can't see but to what their eyes are drawn to.

Chiri mo tsumoreba yama to naru.
Great oaks from little acorns grow.

Cat:x

Old 01-23-2009, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Cat, I really like what you have done with your car.....always have. I'm sure this has been asked before but where did you get the Mugen neck pillows(are they real Mugen?)? Anyways keep up the good work and can't wait to see the wheels you choose.

Quick Reply: Thank God it was warm enough to do a clean up...