1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Retrieving radio codes through serial number...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
Cool Retrieving radio codes through serial number...

In the process of elimination of trying to figure out the wiring for the trailer, I checked and removed several fuses. Including the radio fuse, not realizing what would happen.

And of course no radio code sticker, card, engraving or otherwise to be found in the glove box.

I came across this valuable piece of info and thought I would share...

This is the process of getting the serial number of your radio in a 2007 Honda Fit GD3, that then can be told to the nearest honda dealer for your radio code.

Here’s how: Method 1 (all applicable models except ’03–07 Accords with the navigation system) 1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II). 2. Turn on the audio unit, and make sure you see COdE in the display. If you don’t see this message, pull the backup fuse for 1 minute, and then go back to step 1. 3. Turn off the audio unit. 4. Press and hold the 1 and 6 preset buttons, then turn on the audio unit. The display toggles between two screens. The first screen displays a U and the first four digits of the serial number (for example, U2200). The second screen displays an L and the last four digits of the serial number (for example, L0055). Ignore the U and L, and write down all eight digits. Method 2 (’03–07 Accords with the navigation system) 1. Turn the ignition switch to ACC (I). 2. Turn on the audio unit, and make sure you see COdE in the upper display. If you don’t see this message, pull the backup fuse for 1 minute, and then go back to step 1. 3. Turn off the audio unit. 4. Press and hold the top halves of the SEEK/SKIP and CH/DISC bars, and then press and release the PWR/VOL knob. This display toggles between two screens. The first screen displays a U and the first four digits of the serial number (for example, U2200). The second screen displays an L and the last four digits of the serial number (for example, L0055). Ignore the U and L, and write down all eight digits. 5. Call Honda Dealer for Radio Code. 6. Use the TUNE knob to enter the first four digits of the anti-theft code into the audio unit. (Ignore the last digit; it’s not used.) When you turn the TUNE knob, COdE disappears, and a single digit is displayed. Turn the knob left or right to select each of the anti-theft code digits. When you press the TUNE knob, the system beeps and accepts each digit as it spells out CODE on the display.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
I call Honda, it take me 30 sec.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:05 AM
5 Year Member
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Kurse
IF you have the radio's serial number.

That is why I posted the info.....

Old 04-24-2009, 09:45 AM
5 Year Member
Or sign up for Honda Owners Link online, and it will store the radio code there for you.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Radio Code

Thanks for that tid bit of info. I printed it off and put it in my owners manual just in case this happens when I put my cell phone kit in the car. Great job, man.

Originally Posted by NCFit
In the process of elimination of trying to figure out the wiring for the trailer, I checked and removed several fuses. Including the radio fuse, not realizing what would happen.

And of course no radio code sticker, card, engraving or otherwise to be found in the glove box.

I came across this valuable piece of info and thought I would share...

This is the process of getting the serial number of your radio in a 2007 Honda Fit GD3, that then can be told to the nearest honda dealer for your radio code.

Here’s how: Method 1 (all applicable models except ’03–07 Accords with the navigation system) 1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II). 2. Turn on the audio unit, and make sure you see COdE in the display. If you don’t see this message, pull the backup fuse for 1 minute, and then go back to step 1. 3. Turn off the audio unit. 4. Press and hold the 1 and 6 preset buttons, then turn on the audio unit. The display toggles between two screens. The first screen displays a U and the first four digits of the serial number (for example, U2200). The second screen displays an L and the last four digits of the serial number (for example, L0055). Ignore the U and L, and write down all eight digits. Method 2 (’03–07 Accords with the navigation system) 1. Turn the ignition switch to ACC (I). 2. Turn on the audio unit, and make sure you see COdE in the upper display. If you don’t see this message, pull the backup fuse for 1 minute, and then go back to step 1. 3. Turn off the audio unit. 4. Press and hold the top halves of the SEEK/SKIP and CH/DISC bars, and then press and release the PWR/VOL knob. This display toggles between two screens. The first screen displays a U and the first four digits of the serial number (for example, U2200). The second screen displays an L and the last four digits of the serial number (for example, L0055). Ignore the U and L, and write down all eight digits. 5. Call Honda Dealer for Radio Code. 6. Use the TUNE knob to enter the first four digits of the anti-theft code into the audio unit. (Ignore the last digit; it’s not used.) When you turn the TUNE knob, COdE disappears, and a single digit is displayed. Turn the knob left or right to select each of the anti-theft code digits. When you press the TUNE knob, the system beeps and accepts each digit as it spells out CODE on the display.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:48 AM
call me crazy, but the radio code is listed inside the glovebox...

Old 05-13-2009, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
The first thing I did when I got my Fit was to take a "high tech marking device" (Sharpie Fine Point), and write the radios unlock code under the hood. To retrive the code I simply open the hood and look at it.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by spreadhead
The first thing I did when I got my Fit was to take a "high tech marking device" (Sharpie Fine Point), and write the radios unlock code under the hood. To retrive the code I simply open the hood and look at it.
or you could just open your glovebox and look at it there

Old 05-13-2009, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
Don't think it's in my glovebox. Wouldnt be very secure if it was. I have the card in my Fit file in my office. along with the cars from the other 3 hondas at the house.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by Ciggy
Don't think it's in my glovebox. Wouldnt be very secure if it was. I have the card in my Fit file in my office. along with the cars from the other 3 hondas at the house.
I bought a salvage car, and it sat for a long while. It needed the code for the radio when I got it up and running. I believe it was the owner's manual that said to look in the glove box. Opened the glove box, on the inside panel was a sticker with the code.

Old 05-16-2009, 02:01 AM
the sticker is only there if the pdi tech sticks it on

Old 05-21-2009, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Zivman
call me crazy, but the radio code is listed inside the glovebox...
CRAZY...

Mine was not in the glove box and I did not receive the card, that is why I posted the info.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spreadhead
Same thing, I just write it down in my owners manual... would prefer if it didn't have one though. Who is actually going to take the time to steal an integrated radio?

Old 05-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Take Two of Me & Don't Call in the Morning
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kurse
Originally Posted by NCFit
IF you have the radio's serial number.

That is why I posted the info.....
Actually you don't even need the serial number off the head unit.

I just call the dealership where I bought the car, tell them my phone number that they have on file, and BAM! They give me the code

at this point, though, I've got my code memorized (I disconnect the battery and reset the ECU every time I add a mod)

Last edited by DrKelso; 05-21-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by DrKelso
Actually you don't even need the serial number off the head unit.

I just call the dealership where I bought the car, tell them my phone number that they have on file, and BAM! They give me the code

at this point, though, I've got my code memorized (I disconnect the battery and reset the ECU every time I add a mod)
Took down the serial number and grabbed my vin number, called honda and it was honestly one of the easiest customer service encounters of my life. Phone call was no more than 5 minutes and entering the code worked immediately, no bulls*** thanks for the help!

Old 02-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Dunno, it was right on the left side of the glove box, right under another number, very easy to find. Would be surprised if other Hondas don't have it there.