1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Servicing knowledge required

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 08:24 AM
Servicing knowledge required

Do any of you guys service your own ride?

I've always been curious when i drop my car off to get serviced, what do they exactly do? what do they change what do they inspect? everything there is to it. cause ive been thinking to do self servicing to my jazz one day. hope you guys can show me a thing a two

thanks guys

Old 05-31-2009, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AHAX
Do any of you guys service your own ride?

I've always been curious when i drop my car off to get serviced, what do they exactly do? what do they change what do they inspect? everything there is to it. cause ive been thinking to do self servicing to my jazz one day. hope you guys can show me a thing a two

thanks guys

They should follow the maintenance schedule in your owner's manual packet. itenms versus mileage driven.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:04 AM
oooo isee.
thanks mate

Old 06-02-2009, 09:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mahout
They should follow the maintenance schedule in your owner's manual packet. itenms versus mileage driven.
Where is this schedule? All I could find was information on how to use the maintenance minder.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member
when i change my oil i always check the following, in no particular order:
• all fluids (brake, power steering, coolant, etc.)
• brake pads for even wear
• tire pressure
• brake lights for any burnt bulbs
• headlights and fog lights, same reason as above
• air filter (every other oil change)
• cabin filter (every other oil change)
• new rock chips on the front lip/bumper/fender/hood/rear view mirrors. cursing, whining, or crying afterward is optional

i also check for any bolts that might've come loose since a new part was installed, especially anything pertaining to the suspension. as long as you follow factory/manufacturer torque specs then everything should be ok - i'm overly paranoid so i check anyway LoL

Old 06-03-2009, 08:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spreadhead
Where is this schedule? All I could find was information on how to use the maintenance minder.

Most of the maintenance, bioth dealer and owner, is described in the maintenance section of the owners manual.
Specific service is listed in the Hionda Service History manual. While you're at it check the warranties manual as well.
If you bought used and you want your own manuals you'll have to buy from a dealer or ebay, wherever you can find them.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Most of the maintenance, bioth dealer and owner, is described in the maintenance section of the owners manual.
Specific service is listed in the Hionda Service History manual. While you're at it check the warranties manual as well.
If you bought used and you want your own manuals you'll have to buy from a dealer or ebay, wherever you can find them.
let me guess mahout. you giot a new smartphone and have a huge right thumb?

Old 06-03-2009, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
let me guess mahout. you giot a new smartphone and have a huge right thumb?

LOL never had a cell phone. Ever. I need some peace.
As far as fat thumb, yes if I had a smartphone, whatever that is, I'd be in trouble with a fat thumb..
Don't know where all that gobbly-gook came from. its not on my fields. Just on your copy.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:55 AM
5 Year Member
I purchased my Fit new and have all my paperwork, owners manual, warranty manual, and a Honda Service Manual (Helm's). These describe the maintenance minder's operation as well as the maintenance procedures. I am looking for the schedule you mentioned in your post. Would you tell me which of these manuals has this schedule you mentioned and on what page?

Last edited by spreadhead; 06-04-2009 at 01:58 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:02 AM
I have the 07-08 fit service manual(The honda made one that you would get from there service department) and it has a break-down on page 3-7 and 3-8

Theres a fair chunk of stuff in those tables so I'm not going to type it out.

The honda service manual is pricey, but for each item on the list there is a referencing page number on how to complete that service. Its also fantastic when you need to repair other things or need to get those pesky interior panels off in one piece.

Last edited by Super_Jay; 06-17-2009 at 11:05 AM.