1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

1st time newbie questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Question 1st time newbie questions

Hi there guys. Just intoduced myself over on the other page and thought id come get stuck in...

first off...

*04/5 honda jazz/ fit... whats the 1.4 dsi-se like? engine wise or anything else? are they known to have any faults? im looking at buying one and realy dont want my first japanese car to be a cockup haha... been thinking about going asian for ages so im gonna bite the bullet..

*do they share anything with other hondas? i.e suspension or engines?

*are there any companies listing coilovers ?

*all of these realy apply to early cars (what would that be ? a mk1 or phase 1 or series1? )

cheers for any help you can offer guys it ll be much apprieicated. oh and once its bought and the playing begins ill be sure to get lots of pics if thats ok here?

Old 01-09-2010, 09:34 AM
5 Year Member
I can help out as im a fellow brit and the US fit's are different.
The 1.4 dsi is actually a 1.3 and is model designated as a GD1.
I have one and it has never missed a beat. I can pretty confidently say that most people havent had a fault with any of their Jazz's/Fit's either.
US Fit's (Jazz's) have the 1.5 V-Tec engine and are designated a GD3. The JDM models (Japanese) are the same, but the 1.3 GD1 was also available in japan.
As for sharing parts, very few parts can be swapped between the fit and other models.
Obviously interior parts such as seats and shift knobs can, aswell as the EP3 steering wheel which will fit our cars.
Wheels can be changed aswell, but I dont believe there are any other exterior parts that can be swapped over.
Engines can be swapped. A number of people on here have done K20 swaps from an EP3. you can do other swaps too but I'm not entirely sure which ones.
There are numerous companies listing coilovers.
K-Sport are reasonably priced and work well, a few people on here have had them and given them good reviews.
BC Racing do some too, along with T1R, D2, etc etc.
All of the uk jazzes (except the new GE model which came out last year) are the same, so thats the MK1 Jazz, Pre-Facelift and Facelift. The bumpers are different and the interior is slightly different but the interior parts could be swapped out for the facelift parts.

Any other questions just ask.
Sam

Old 01-09-2010, 09:57 AM
ahhh wicked mate cheers thats great.

Also if you or anyone else could help, i was browsing here and found a mention of hondafittuner.com, and went and took a look... ive noticed a hell of alot of parts that would be nice but all are for 07+ cars? and as sam said above, that most parts cant be swapped...
i take it the following items wouldnt either?

HondaFittuner.com :: Aero Styling :: Body Kits :: Front Bumper :: Axis Replica Front Bumper (fits 07-08 USDM HONDA FIT)

HondaFittuner.com :: Lighting :: Gunmetal and Red LED Taillights (fits 07-08 USDM HONDA FIT)

sorry if im being forward asking so many questions...

Old 01-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator
The Fenders, Hood, headlights, front and rear bumper are different on the USDM Fits. Our Front ends are longer then there UK/JDM counter parts so any of those will not work on your car

Old 01-09-2010, 02:35 PM
so are the uk and japanese ones the same? and a us one is totally its own thing? meaning if i bought parts for the japanese model it should be ok?

Old 01-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator
as far as I know, yes

Old 01-09-2010, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
The US Fit has a longer "nose" (front and rear bumper) because of safety regulation in the US. So the front/rear bumper parts from a US Fit does not work with the GD1 Jazz. Unless you do a total conversion on the front and rear parts...

I have a GD1 Jazz and got some parts from Welcome to G-ONE AUTO Company and they works just fine with my car.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
basically any part that is listed as 07+ Fit or whatever generally wont fit our cars as they are made to fit the longer USDM models.
I just got a pair of the JDM LED and smoked taillights, PM me if you want to know where i got them, i got them hella cheap.

Old 01-10-2010, 04:18 AM
ahhh cheers guys thats cleared that up... im not to worried then as a bit of yahoojapan should be ok... oh and braziers ive dropped you a p.m

oh and fonix you mention a total conversion. would this sugest that under the panels the main monocoque is the same for any version and its just the panels that make the us one longer?