1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Worldwide Honda Fit/Jazz recall!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 02:56 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
note to self... park at the visitor's lot next to the vendor i hate most.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
I wouldn't be too nervous... I mean out of this huge collection of Fit owners networking together, none of us have had this happen before. Don't get me wrong, it's a safety issue that should be taken care of, but if it didn't happen already, it's not likely going to happen to us in the mean time while we wait to see if we're getting recalled.
I think it's just under the media's microscope right now since Toyota has been having several issues lately.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tofuman
I wouldn't be too nervous... I mean out of this huge collection of Fit owners networking together, none of us have had this happen before. Don't get me wrong, it's a safety issue that should be taken care of, but if it didn't happen already, it's not likely going to happen to us in the mean time while we wait to see if we're getting recalled.
I think it's just under the media's microscope right now since Toyota has been having several issues lately.
At least Honda already has a fix.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
I bet it wouldn't be hard to create our own fix...

Old 01-29-2010, 04:16 PM
5 Year Member
Its happened in SA...
Wheels24 - Error

Old 01-29-2010, 04:52 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
hey guys just as a precaution, let's pull out the power window fuse located under the steering column until we get our cars checked out. yah it might be inconvenient but hell...

dont want to read about fitfreak's house getting burnt down or people getting hurt.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
oh wow. I havent been on the forum for a while but i saw the recall article on yahoo so I figured to check the forum. Actually I think I have been smelling burning in my GD =/. But the smell happens randomly, so I dont know if its stale cigarette smoke or clutch maybe? should probably contact my dealership.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member
Here is how Toyota would fix it:

+

Old 01-29-2010, 06:38 PM
recall

Hi Guys
Untill you get a letter #1 don't leave your driver side window open in a rain or snow storm.The window master switch has to get soaked for a promlem to occur.# 2 Don't spill any liquid on the switch # 3 Close driver side window when going through the car wash Just be a little careful.
Jimrb66

Old 01-29-2010, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tofuman
Here is how Toyota would fix it:

+

HAHA

Old 01-29-2010, 07:37 PM
My windshield wipers dumped a ton of water all over my window switches and now my (driver) window switch doesnt work right anymore. i ran through a huge puddle with my windows open, and no it wasnt raining. glad mine didnt catch, but now i know that mine is faulty.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
Also I noticed that my driver side window goes up and down slower than my passenger side window. Is it just me or does this recall make alot more sense of it? Does anyone elses driver side window go up slower than the passenger side?

Old 01-29-2010, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member
This has got me worried. I have had the door open and wet on many rainy days.
Will wait for the letter in mail.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
CARRY A FIRE EXTINGUISHER IN YOUR CARS!
WARNING:IN CASE OF ENGINE COMPARTMENT FIRE, DO NOT OPEN THE HOOD, JUST CRACK IT OPEN ENOUGH TO SHOW THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER NOZZLE IN. OPENING IT ALL THE WAY WILL INTRODUCE EVEN MORE OXYGEN AND FLARE IT ALL THE WAY UP!

I saved two fellow motorists over the years with them. Cars were declared total loss due to engine compartment damage and front dash, but they retrieved all their belongings! I have my 18 month old strapped in the back in the baby seat and I take no chances!

I do not wont to spread panic, but during a recent rain storm while driving with windows up and door properly closed, my buddy and I smelled something burning.
We inspected the car throughout (under the hood, under the car itself, under driver and passenger dash by removing panels especially focusing on heater blower since it sucked my registration paper from the glove box! Not inside, but just over suction vent behind glove box.) and found nothing. My a/c - heater vent was open, so we assumed it came from outside.
I did not take door panels down since I painted switches. Will do now!

FYI, I never got my door panel wet and incident occurred after almost two hours of continuous driving! Water is a devil and has ways of getting into impossible places carried by air pressure at high speed. Inspect not just the switch itself, but also door jamb electrical connector! Use your nose more than your eyes!

I got auto trans thinking it would calm me down, but just had opposite effect. I got my CRX out of hibernation!

If GD burns down no biggie - 5 speed GE here we come!:

Old 01-29-2010, 10:53 PM
Thanks, MRsunrise.

I just checked my Honda Link account as well and it states mine isn't affected either. Glad I already decided to go to the dealership tomorrow for new wiper inserts. I'll ask for more info then. However Honda people seem to not know anything.

Originally Posted by MRsunrise
If you're registered with Honda Owner Link there's

a recall section that looks up your VIN to see if your car is part of a recall. I just checked mine and it said there's no recall for it so hopefully its up to date.

You can also look up recalls with your VIN here.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
lol, bought my car yesterday, hear this on the news today. FML moment if ive ever seen one. although im not worried about it.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:23 AM
the problem only happens if you get the switch wet, like pour water on it or drive in the rain with windows down

so umm.. dont pour water on it or drive in the rain with the windows down

Old 01-30-2010, 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by MRsunrise
If you're registered with Honda Owner Link there's a recall section that looks up your VIN to see if your car is part of a recall. I just checked mine and it said there's no recall for it so hopefully its up to date.

You can also look up recalls with your VIN here.

I checked on the website as you suggested and I am good to go...no recall for me but since I know this happens I'll have to be carefull not getting rain water in the car.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:11 AM
theres no recall for ANY north american ones yet.. theyre still working on it.. should be within 2weeks

Old 01-30-2010, 01:13 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
lol, who would have though... getting water into the electrical switch would cause a fire!

I am not worried, I have made it this long right? I will head down to the dealer if I get a notification letter.

Quick Reply: Worldwide Honda Fit/Jazz recall!