1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

water in trunk/boot

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 03:57 PM
water in trunk/boot

i'm getting real tired of mopping out the inch or so of water which accumulates in the bottom of the boot where the spare wheel sits. obviously more noticeable during wet weather but unable to pinpoit why its happening. the main rubber seal seems OK. The car is 6 years old now so dont want to spend potentially hundereds of pounds i can ill afford for a dealer to look at. does anyone have any quick fix suggestions? thanks in anticipationits a honda jazz by the way!

Old 02-04-2010, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ststephens97
i'm getting real tired of mopping out the inch or so of water which accumulates in the bottom of the boot where the spare wheel sits. obviously more noticeable during wet weather but unable to pinpoit why its happening. the main rubber seal seems OK. The car is 6 years old now so dont want to spend potentially hundereds of pounds i can ill afford for a dealer to look at. does anyone have any quick fix suggestions? thanks in anticipationits a honda jazz by the way!
Drill a hole so it drains out. Check underneath first so you don't drill through something important.