1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
Installed Volk CE28s, BuddyClub N+ Coilovers, Progress RSB, and Wilwood 4-Piston front calipers

Old 09-22-2020, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
Wow Washabi! Talk about a tranformation! Plus, the condition of that paint looks amazing! How many miles on that Fit?

Ours had a trip to the dealer today to have them pair the new TPMS sensors to the ECU. I got sick of looking at the light on the dash.

Old 09-22-2020, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Wow Washabi! Talk about a tranformation! Plus, the condition of that paint looks amazing! How many miles on that Fit?
thanks! Currently at 102k miles, picked up the car a little over a month ago.

Old 09-29-2020, 01:31 PM
Saw this fit at the spot where I walk my dogs and had to snap a photo since it made me chuckle. Thought I’d share it with the community, though I doubt it’s any of yours (given the god forbidden tape job on the rear bumper.) Hope y’all enjoy it like I did haha

Old 09-30-2020, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
Took the GD out for a drive for the first time in about 3 or 4 weeks... Poor thing just stays hidden in the garage, hibernating. I forgot how comfy at highway speeds even with blown Tokico HTSs and 500 lb/inch springs as well as how simple and analog the car is.

Hopefully this Saturday I'll finally get around replacing the oil in the Rotrex and will likely start exercising the car more frequently.

Old 10-02-2020, 10:55 AM
Remove my headunit for aux. I install aux sucsessfully but lost my screw inside headunit.

Searching my screws.....

Old 10-04-2020, 01:13 AM
Smile DIY made with love

Kia ora everyone,
Before & after of my 2004 Honda Fit, one month of sanding, painting, priming and my silver shining is ready.
Total cost $20, all done by yours truly was amazing to have an idea and be motivated to do it on the cheap

Old 10-15-2020, 09:41 PM
Injen intake

Added an Injen CAI today to my '08. My hair is full of leaves after reattaching my bumper cover right now. I like the part and it mostly fit well, except for the hose they included to attach the valve cover breather was Not the right size. Everything else was lovely but that led to me wasting an hour digging around for something that would work. Installation required too many ciders for a proper test drive tonight but the motor sounds awesome and seems happy. Cheers friends.

Old 10-28-2020, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member

Just got a bumper from the salvage yard. Left the rear valence on there and the lady just charged me 35$ for the bumper! I lucked out. Never seen such a clean bumper on a junker... it’s like the owner buffed and waxed it before junking it! Not a single scratch.

Too cold to paint now, gonna have to wait till next spring to paint it alabaster silver. Gonna repaint my front bumper too, it’s scratched up as all hell from street parking. I think I’ll put some primer over the red paint since my primer is gray, I’ll probably need a few less base coats.

my wheel is in the trunk because it has a screw in it . Gonna take it to a shop to get it patched since these Yokohamas barely have 500 miles on em.

Last edited by MTLian; 10-28-2020 at 11:45 PM.
Old 10-30-2020, 08:40 PM
If the screw is in the tread and not too close to the edge you can repair it yourself pretty easy with a plug. Most parts shops will have a kit with instructions, which is pretty much what a tire shop will use. I used to have a tire with several plugs in it and it held air just fine.

Old 11-11-2020, 02:16 AM
Found more rust

This is a photo looking up from the ground, and what you see near the passenger rear lift point is the layers of floor sheet metal rusting somehow. It's so bad I poked through into the passenger rear foot wheel and almost stabbed the yellow crash sensor there. But it's weird because as you can see on the bottom right corner of this image, dirt, the black body paint, yellowish factory undercoating, and gray primer is intact and shows no signs of bubbling. But as I literally peeled back the exterior layer, I found rust sandwiched between it and the interior floor pan.

This is my driver rear quarter panel, looking up into the driver rear wheel well. That hole leads inside.

Here's the same hole as before but looking from inside.

This photo i took by leaning in through the open trunk, looking down and left at the driver D pillar obviously with interior trim removed. And in the reflection, the same rust hole as you can see from the driver side rear quartet panel.

Old 11-11-2020, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
I changed my transmission fluid and filter today. First time I've ever done it by myself. I usually only do oil changes but I figured I'd give it a try. Pretty straight forward. I managed to empty just under 3 quarts out even though the manual states 2.5 quarts at change. I filled the ATF through the dipstick port like others said on this site.

Old 11-13-2020, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Washabi
thanks! Currently at 102k miles, picked up the car a little over a month ago.
Congrats on the car, Washabi. It's amusing to me how unappreciated the Fit can be sometimes. Looking at your list of previous cars owned and the fact that you currently own, and have modified, a Honda Fit says everything one should need to know about the Fit; they're great, little cars. Any other plans for the car?

Old 11-13-2020, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
Wink No need in blowing it out

Originally Posted by Billkisme

Changed out the starter. What a pain.
2 bolts right? 2 wires,

Old 11-15-2020, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator
Took a photo of it...

Old 11-16-2020, 12:14 AM
Waiting patiently for my 3M window weld to come in so I can replace this with a real mount.

Old 12-20-2020, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member

replacing the shock, axle, control arm, sway bar end link.

Old 12-20-2020, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Washabi
Installed Volk CE28s, BuddyClub N+ Coilovers, Progress RSB, and Wilwood 4-Piston front calipers

My old Wilwoods live on! Nice choice on the accompanying parts

Did you do rear SS lines at the same time? Might want to look in to a larger master cylinder as well. I upsized mine with those and it vastly improved the pedal feel.

Old 12-25-2020, 01:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by USDM
Congrats on the car, Washabi. It's amusing to me how unappreciated the Fit can be sometimes. Looking at your list of previous cars owned and the fact that you currently own, and have modified, a Honda Fit says everything one should need to know about the Fit; they're great, little cars. Any other plans for the car?
Thanks, haha the Fit is my daily driver and does everything I need it to do! It really is a great little (big) car! Future plans are installing a pair of black Recaro SRD's (waiting on a pair of mounts and brackets) and maybe a few little things here and there. I am actively looking for another set of coilovers as the BuddyClubs are a little too noisy for my liking (if anyone has a set of KW's or HKS Hipermax available, let me know!) and also will be doing a simply double-din install to replace the factory radio.

Originally Posted by idrivemyself
My old Wilwoods live on! Nice choice on the accompanying parts

Did you do rear SS lines at the same time? Might want to look in to a larger master cylinder as well. I upsized mine with those and it vastly improved the pedal feel.
I love the Wilwood 4-pots on the car as I found the OEM brakes to be a bit sensitive and touchy. The setup now feels much more modular and street-able! thanks again!

Old 12-31-2020, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
Did this a few weeks ago, but thought it might help anyone who has similar issues:

My '08 Fit Sport had been making a clicking noise from the right/rear side of the body for a few months (like something was loose and knocking) - it finally escalated into a clanging noise.
Went under the body when I switched my winter tires in, and saw that the heat shield/baffle exhaust was loose on one end (see part #23 here)

Turned out that the rear edge of the shield had snapped, which meant that the bolt (part #30 in the same diagram above) wasn't securing it.
As result, that trailing edge of the heat shield/baffle as just clanging against the exhaust pipe.

Fixed it by going to Home Depot and buying a wide M6 washer (cost something like $0.32), removing the M6x12 bolt, inserting the washer, and then tightening down the bolt again.
Where the shield had snapped (resulting in a gap large enough that the shield was no longer being secured by the bolt), the washer would now secure a wider swath of the baffle/heatshield.

Voila - No more clanging sound, for $0.30 and 5 minutes of work (you don't even need to jack the car up)

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?