1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Suspension and wheel fitment

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Suspension and wheel fitment

I have a '07 Fit Sport and aside from getting a turbo kit for it i realize that HIGH performance is striving after the wind. My first 2 main concerns is giving it a little bit extra pwr to start with and then definately handling. I have a progress RSB but im looking at coilovers next. As far as wheels go i still rock OE 15" wheels. Im looking at some TenzoR DC-6 17x7 +42 wheels and im looking at megan racing coilovers since they're fully adjustable. Is this a good idea or is there a better direction to take?

Old 04-28-2011, 08:49 AM
Megan are decent. Go skunk or tein for coils. Also add front lower your bar like tanabe,tr1,j's, cusco,etc... Also maybe a xbar system for back. Custom alignment really helps you dial in steering.
In my opion 17" is too large for performance. You will be limited to how low you can go and how hard you can take that turn. 15"is perfect, but 16"work as well. Stay light with the wheel 11_17lbs is good. Tire choice is everything, size and stickyness. Hope that helps.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:38 PM
i was thinkin about some 16's too. same wheel in a smaller size but its harder to find tires for. i do definately want a smaller/stiffer side wall tho. with the coilovers, cost is my main issue. since it is my DD i cant afford to spend TOO much on suspension but ive read some stuff about megans and i like what i hear. as far as tires go i was looking at some dunlop dz101's. i like the steel belt width and tread pattenr. i also have read that hey are pretty sticky. tell me what you think and thx for the help =)

Old 04-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Go with the 16s. Also if cost is main concern for dd, then why not springs. Add springs-tein, skunk,eibach,tanabe all around $250 new. Front lower tie bar-tanabe $125. Front upper strut bar-tanabe $125. Rear upper strut bar-tanabe $125. There are other bar makers, but tanabe is best priced for quality. With all that your suspension is tight. Megan is good coil for the money. Me i daily mine with limited track session. U have the above bars with tein springs. I love the feel. Tight as hell. Also im custom aligned at-1° front and-1.6° rear. Adds to the tight steering feel. Im on rota 16x7 +40 kumho 205/40s. They feel great, but not that sticky. Ive heard dzs were ok, but im not a tire expert.
Try the shoes section of this forum for more in tire info. Ive heard people praise falkin,yoko, and many more. Sticky tires ware quicker for daily though.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:58 AM
i have a front stru tower bar and im looking at a c-pillar bar right now. since my exhasut order was cncld due to not being in stock, im prolly gonna some suspension stuff instead

Old 04-29-2011, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
t1r struts on eibach sportline springs with a progress rsb and diy x-brace was plenty tight when i had my gd3. before that set-up i had skunk2 pro-c's with a progress rsb and i didn't like it as much as the spring/shock combo. i daily'd my gd so a comfort was my main concern -- of course i sacrificed some comfort for a tighter suspension without body roll

Old 04-29-2011, 01:14 PM
^^ what he said is a great setup. Tr1 shocks are wonderful from what I hear add eibach springs is great. Bars are great as well. Suspension will feel better once upgraded than exhaust. Exhaust makes noise with MAYBE 5hp gain. Suspension will be instant feeling. I did suspension after intake. Now working towards exhaust.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:19 PM
awesome. i think i found a way to get both. ima prolly get the RSB first tho...maybe a c-pillar bar with it. i have a trip coming up in june so after i get that paid for ima look at either exhaust or skunk springs...torn on that tho...lowering a car on stock rolers isnt a good look for me...lol

Old 04-29-2011, 01:54 PM
I may could help with that delema. I have a set of skunk spring I well be selling soon. I had them on my gd. I cut rears to sit dead level with front. 1.5"front and rear lowering. I swapped my fronts to tein to go lower, but have yet to swap out backs. Will swap them out, but no rush until I have a buyer. Check in photo section. Look up my photo thread to see it lowered on stock rims. Actually looks good. Also different wheel and suspension pics up there as well.
Sell skunks for $100+ shipping which is probably $20 or so?

Old 04-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Bthasht
I may could help with that delema. I have a set of skunk spring I well be selling soon. I had them on my gd. I cut rears to sit dead level with front. 1.5"front and rear lowering. I swapped my fronts to tein to go lower, but have yet to swap out backs. Will swap them out, but no rush until I have a buyer. Check in photo section. Look up my photo thread to see it lowered on stock rims. Actually looks good. Also different wheel and suspension pics up there as well.
Sell skunks for $100+ shipping which is probably $20 or so?

thx for the offer but i think i wanna get a set of un modded springs. im not lookin at really trackin my car so the drop isnt a issue. mainly i wanna make my car MY car. i dont want it to be like anyone elses. but if you can point me in the direction of the best deals that u have come across that would help tremendously. its hard to find quality fit parts out there that someone doesnt want to give them all ur money and then your soul on top of it...lol(shipping kills you!!!)

Old 04-29-2011, 06:36 PM
My skunks came from horsepowerfreaks.com
Just under 2 bills. Tein I got off here for $150 new from a person. Try egay, but dont buy the no names.
H-fittuner.com
Also hit up aj racing in here.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:25 AM
My skunks came from horsepowerfreaks.com
Just under 2 bills. Tein I got off here for $150 new from a person. Try egay, but dont buy the no names.
H-fittuner.com
Also hit up aj racing in here.

I actually have a&j, h-fittuner and horsepowerfreaks all saved to my favs...lol. hopupracing.com also has a pretty good selection of intake and exhaust parts as well

Old 04-30-2011, 08:49 AM
i was interested in whether anyone knew where i could pickup a J's racing c-pillar bar. J'sracing.us doesnt have an online ordering system and i cant find it on A&J where ive been told to look. Any ideas?

Old 05-04-2011, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dled1286
i was interested in whether anyone knew where i could pickup a J's racing c-pillar bar. J'sracing.us doesnt have an online ordering system and i cant find it on A&J where ive been told to look. Any ideas?
J's Racing C-Pillar Bar - Honda FIT 07+ GD3: Evasive Motorsports | PH: 626.336.3400 Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm PST

I have never personally ordered from there. However, I have some friends that have nothing but good things to say.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Evasive is a great place with quality parts.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member
Evasive is a great place with quality parts.
i second this. you can buy with confidence at Evasive

people have mixed reviews with aj-racing. personally, i thought their customer service was great. when i ordered my t1r struts a few years back, ben called me on a sunday to confirm my order. iirc, it was the new year weekend too cause i was hung-over and could barely mumble 'hello' when i answered lol

Old 05-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
op- do you have a LSD on your ride? that might be a great investment after your turbo so that you can plant more power to the ground especially coming out of a turn.

these open-diffs almost makes me

Old 05-24-2011, 07:59 AM
Ok so ive been looking...17x7's look really nice, but from a trackable point of view i would think 16x7's would suit the purpose better. I know a 17 would have a stiffer sidewall(due to the smaller sidewall of course)but the 16's would provide more cushion everyday and actually be more forgiving on a track. I think im going with 16x7's but what tire do you guys suggest?

Old 05-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Falken, yoko are good. Hankook I heard are good track. 16x7 much better for street and track. 17 mainly show only. Good choice.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
Falken, yoko are good. Hankook I heard are good track. 16x7 much better for street and track. 17 mainly show only. Good choice.
okay... you cant just start naming tire manufacturers and say "hankooks are good for track".

which hankook tire model or style are you speaking of? the RS3's, ventus v12? which tires are you talking about?

also, falken tires arent good even for the street much less track.

OP, if you want max performance my opinion is you go with a set of enkei rpf01 in 15x7 (9.5lbs per wheel, light weight), dunlop direzza z1 star spec (super sticky good enough for track duty). as for stiffeners and bars, you wont need them till you know how to utilize your tire's grip and your stock suspension.

Quick Reply: Suspension and wheel fitment