1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

2008 Fit Sport Stock. What should I mod first and with what?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 12:28 AM
5 Year Member
The small stuff is nice between doing the bigger things. I love the little details. I did the JDM hazzard signal, T1R shift boot and ebrake cover, red badging, Blox shift knob, cargo cover, window visors, wiper mod, yellow fogs, clay bar'd and waxed in between lowering, exhaust, wheels and tires. After the clay baring and waxing I had a few guys thinking I had the car re painted.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:53 PM
T-Fit, I completely agree about loving the little details. I'm probably going to go right through your list for my car too. Is there a site that you always go to for these parts? I've been browsing FitFreak and eBay for cheaper new/used parts.

Unfortunately, a recent hail storm took my back $500 for repair, which all could have been spent towards more parts.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator
OK here is what im going to suggest.

Lowering I would look at Springs, coilovers give you an adjustable height but im sure the ride will be alot stiffer then you want. I had Progress lowering springs and loved them. I gives the car a nice drop and felt as good if not better then the OEM springs. Installing them was pretty easy one thing is on the front not to let the half shaft to pop out, that can be a PITA to get back in.

Rims Id look at a 16x7 with no lower then a 42+ offset. It will will give you a nice stance and if you find some light wheels it will help performance. Tire size id go with 205/45/16. That spring and tire combo I had very little to No rubbing at all. While your at it deffintly pick up the progress rear swaybar. Its super easy to install and it does wonders for the handing of the car. Just the sway bar alone takes out alot of the body roll the Fit has.

Lighting I think the JDM LED tail and third brake light looks very sharp. For headlight PLEASE stay way from the PnP "HID" kits and if you have to have them for the love of god dont by the cheap ebay kits. all you will be doing is blinding the other drivers on the road.

Interior I would recommend the JDM center console and the dead pedal. Both of those will add compfort to the ride.

Thats kind of how I would build it and alot of those parts I suggested are parts I have had on my car. It also wouldnt hurt to spend some time looking at the Taffey White picture thread, It could give you some ideas for your car.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:06 AM
Tint and maybe a new air filter.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:56 AM
I'm starting to look into getting springs to lower my Fit, but I see so many different brands out there. Other than the amount lowered and stiffness, is there any other attribute to different brands of springs? I noticed that Swift works nicely with our OEM shocks mentioned earlier.

I keep seeing Skunk2s being mentioned and sold on these forums so are those popular? What would you guys recommend?

Old 06-11-2011, 09:05 AM
i think the best , cheapest and easiest mod would be stiffening the gas pedal... you can find diy using the search

Old 06-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by Shortcamo02
I'm starting to look into getting springs to lower my Fit, but I see so many different brands out there. Other than the amount lowered and stiffness, is there any other attribute to different brands of springs? I noticed that Swift works nicely with our OEM shocks mentioned earlier.

I keep seeing Skunk2s being mentioned and sold on these forums so are those popular? What would you guys recommend?

Swifts are great. Besides eibach sportlines, skunks are the lowest. Thats why people buy them the most.

Old 06-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Trish
i think the best , cheapest and easiest mod would be stiffening the gas pedal... you can find diy using the search
Got this done. Oh man, best $5.66 I ever spent.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
T-Fit, I completely agree about loving the little details. I'm probably going to go right through your list for my car too. Is there a site that you always go to for these parts? I've been browsing FitFreak and eBay for cheaper new/used parts.

Unfortunately, a recent hail storm took my back $500 for repair, which all could have been spent towards more parts.
My detailing stuff I just get at canadian tire. I ordered my badging from ICB Motorsports and for my main stuff I'm pretty lucky cause I can go to Garage Five in richmond and I also live only 20 min from AJ Racing so anything JDM or T1R is available to me within minutes.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
Got this done. Oh man, best $5.66 I ever spent.
Agreed. I just did this last weekend.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member

Check out H&R's. They're a bit more expensive but are great springs. I'm using them in my Fit and used them in my Civic. All my BMW buddies LOVE H&R's also.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
I only read the first couple responses. The Fit is maybe the last vehicle you should ever modify. Seriously. It's a great economy car and most everything people do to the car makes it worse.

Then you come in with 'guys, just tell me what's cool for my car'. Do you really need products out there that you aren't aware of? At least want something when you spend money.

Sorry. Hate these spend my money threads...

Old 06-12-2011, 06:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by neopolitian
I only read the first couple responses. The Fit is maybe the last vehicle you should ever modify. Seriously. It's a great economy car and most everything people do to the car makes it worse.

Then you come in with 'guys, just tell me what's cool for my car'. Do you really need products out there that you aren't aware of? At least want something when you spend money.

Sorry. Hate these spend my money threads...

I disagree; the Fit is probably one of the first to modify.
1. needs severe reduction in understeer. Eliminate front bar or add stronger rear bar. Lowering is OK if done 1.5" or less with good shocks.
2.The Fit needs much better tires.
3. Fit needs wheels with less offset to as little as 45 mm but not less.

But yes, other mods are fictitious, especially stuff like air intakes. Our dyno says coupla hp is all you get and then only at more than 5000 rpm.
If you're into cosmetics have at it but your Fit will just look different, maybe better, maybe not. And most of them, including lowering, will negatively affect your cars value.
good luck.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mahout
I disagree; the Fit is probably one of the first to modify.
1. needs severe reduction in understeer. Eliminate front bar or add stronger rear bar. Lowering is OK if done 1.5" or less with good shocks.
2.The Fit needs much better tires.
3. Fit needs wheels with less offset to as little as 45 mm but not less.

But yes, other mods are fictitious, especially stuff like air intakes. Our dyno says coupla hp is all you get and then only at more than 5000 rpm.
If you're into cosmetics have at it but your Fit will just look different, maybe better, maybe not. And most of them, including lowering, will negatively affect your cars value.
good luck.
That's all pretty much true. It all depends how much you like your car and what you want to do with it and why. To be honest, even though I've modded my last 3 cars I've owned. Modding a car will always narrow the market when you want to sell it and may drop the value a bit. But if you're having fun with it and doing things right while you have it then why not. I personally would never buy a modded car because too many of the people out there don't know how to do it right, but I still mod my cars that I own. It's all up to the owner.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
Severe reduction in oversteer? How are you driving it? It's not a sports car. I also don't get the point of sticky tires on this car. It has ultra quick response which is awesome. Yes, it oversteers at the limit but like I said, it's not a sports car.

If you do get wheels, man up and get something like 15x7.5 et 25.

That's right, I just contradicted myself with that crazy wheel advice.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:35 PM
^^Oh no this guy is asking for it. Back peddle fast. They are about to light you up.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bthasht
^^Oh no this guy is asking for it. Back peddle fast. They are about to light you up.

LOL. I'm keepin my mouth shut.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Lowering car can range from cheap to expensive:
-Springs will only be about 2-300 and will lower you mildly, keeping a comfy ride
-Coilovers are closer to $1000 but lower you more, give you a firmer ride and give you adjustability

The car in my sig is on Skunk2 springs with 15x7 Enkei RPF1.

Lowering a car isn't crazy difficult, its something you can do yourself as long as you have tools and some mechanical ability

Wheels are also key, they can range from ~600/set for Kosei's up to ~2000/set for Volks
There are also used wheels which drop in price accordingly. Avoid Rota, Drag, Konig whenever possible.

I recommend something along the lines of 15x7 +40
what's wrong with rota wheels? care to explain? let's see if you're really an expert regarding wheels

Old 06-13-2011, 09:48 AM
^^ I have already proven mike410 as a unworthy arguement on the what did you do to the gd fit thread. He is a follower. He has no idea why he hates rota, other than everyone else does. Him and the ice cream man above would get along well.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by s[H]ooTeR
what's wrong with rota wheels? care to explain? let's see if you're really an expert regarding wheels
They steal designs.
They use inferior materials in the manufacture and finishing of the wheels.
They are not tested to the highest standards.

With a rota or other knockoff wheel you are getting a reverse engineered copy of a wheel which was originally forged, made with Enkei's MAT, Flow Formed, etc. Rota uses the same wheel design (everything is the same, spokes sizes, etc) but with a VERY IMPURE LOW QUALITY ALUMINUM and the cheapest manufacturing process.

YouTube - ‪Dangerous imitation wheel !!‬‏

@ Bthast (or whatever your name is): If I'm a follower, I'm proud to be one. Although its tough to be a follower when you've had wheels that 99% of 'import/car enthusiasts' have never heard of, aka 1 of 2 or 3 sets of that wheel on the continent.

You're just one of those guys who just tries to justify buying shitty parts. You're not a true enthusiast. You just do this to look cool, you'll be one of those guys who parts out his car because he's "getting out of the game" once you realize you don't like how stiff the ride is, people think your car looks immature, etc.

Quick Reply: 2008 Fit Sport Stock. What should I mod first and with what?