1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

07 Fit Sport vibrates when A/C is on.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
Exclamation 07 Fit Sport vibrates when A/C is on.

I have a 2007 Fit Sport with around 55,700 miles on it and when I turn on the A/C my car vibrates when the car is stopped in either Drive ( like in a red light) or Reverse. Today the car also just shut down and I had to start it again while I was waiting in a red light. I've searched the forum around but I'm still a little confused to what might be causing this. Sorry if there's another thread with this same problem, I'm just a little nervous about this problem.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
bump. Anybody? I'd like a little help, I'm a college student and I depend on my car to get there. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks...

Old 08-17-2012, 08:51 PM
My Civic had a vibrating problem not too long ago. It would vibrate on cold start and stop lights. Turned out to be a broken engine mount. Since your still under 60K miles, it should be covered under powertrain warranty.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
Have you recently had your A/C serviced and freon added to it.. If so they may have over charged it.. It could also be that you have an ignition problem if it also misses and or runs unevenly when in gear and driving... You might also look at the air cleaner and the throttle body. If either is dirty there could be a loss of power at idle... Hot weather can cause the transmission fluid to thin out and that can cause higher pressure in the valve body of the automatic transmission that would cause it to engage................... Before you do anything try doing the Idle Learn Procedure............ Make sure all electrical items are off( A/C), audio, lights etc. Turn the ignition switch on and wait 2 seconds.... Start the engine... Hold the engine speed at 3000 RPM without load in Park or Neutral until the engine fan comes on or the engine coolant reaches 194 degrees F (90 degrees C).... Let the engine idle for 5 more minutes with the with the throttle fully closed... If the radiator fan comes on, do not include its running time in the 5 minutes of idling.. Doing this corrects numerous running problems.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Depends on how excessive the vibration is, it could be your compressor doing its normal thing, check the hoses, connections, belt tension, and mounting hardware. If all of these items are good try to recover the refrigerant, and oil, then recharge the refrigerant and oil according to OEM spec. Good luck and stay cold in your Fit ya freak!

Old 08-18-2012, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ninjaap
My Civic had a vibrating problem not too long ago. It would vibrate on cold start and stop lights. Turned out to be a broken engine mount. Since your still under 60K miles, it should be covered under powertrain warranty.
The last owner who had this Fit, a family member of mine, installed the engine mounts not too long ago, but thanks for pointing that out. Also this car has no warranty. :/

Old 08-18-2012, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member
Texas Coyote- Nope I haven't charged my A/C tho I just got this car 17 days ago and for the first 2 days it did not vibrate nor had a rough idle. But I did noticed that the low pressure A/C cap is missing... and I'll try what you suggested. Thanks

mikelowell915- My A/C is actually not that could now that I think about. Could it be a leak that is causing this? Also as I mentioned before my low pressure A/C cap is missing. Could this be the culprit?

Old 07-20-2015, 06:15 PM
Same problem...

Originally Posted by SycroFlow
I have a 2007 Fit Sport with around 55,700 miles on it and when I turn on the A/C my car vibrates when the car is stopped in either Drive ( like in a red light) or Reverse. Today the car also just shut down and I had to start it again while I was waiting in a red light. I've searched the forum around but I'm still a little confused to what might be causing this. Sorry if there's another thread with this same problem, I'm just a little nervous about this problem.
The exact same thing happens today to me... did you ever figure out what was wrong??? I also have a 2007 Fit Sport. KM about 110,000KM. Seems to happen with AC or with heat on too.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by yellowandblue
The exact same thing happens today to me... did you ever figure out what was wrong??? I also have a 2007 Fit Sport. KM about 110,000KM. Seems to happen with AC or with heat on too.
From what I read in Consumer Reports, there was a issues with the AC/HT on these first generation model years which was resolved I think in the 2nd generation Fits.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:40 PM
Do you happen to have a link where I can read more? Thanks!

Old 07-21-2015, 02:08 AM
5 Year Member
In my case a couple of months later I started having misfires so I changed the spark plugs and it was better. Recently changed coilpacks to the updated Densos and the vibrations during idle have stopped completely.

Old 07-21-2015, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by SycroFlow
In my case a couple of months later I started having misfires so I changed the spark plugs and it was better. Recently changed coilpacks to the updated Densos and the vibrations during idle have stopped completely.
Thanks for the info @SycroFlow! Much appreciated.

Old 07-23-2015, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
I had this same problem about a month ago and it ended up being the result of engine misfiring. Misfiring is the result of multiple issues:

-Faulty coil packs
-Old spark plugs
-need for valve adjustment (though not likely)
-Bad upstream O2 sensor

In my case, it was the oxygen sensor. I only got a check-engine light when the car was going 60mph. At that speed the car would experience a series of massive misfires.

I noticed the strange vibrations with the A/C long before the huge misfiring incident so you should get that stuff checked out if you haven't already.

Old 07-23-2015, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by gadfly
I had this same problem about a month ago and it ended up being the result of engine misfiring. Misfiring is the result of multiple issues:

-Faulty coil packs
-Old spark plugs
-need for valve adjustment (though not likely)
-Bad upstream O2 sensor

In my case, it was the oxygen sensor. I only got a check-engine light when the car was going 60mph. At that speed the car would experience a series of massive misfires.

I noticed the strange vibrations with the A/C long before the huge misfiring incident so you should get that stuff checked out if you haven't already.
Yikes! Good to know. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'm getting it checked out on Monday. Will pass on this info! Many thanks!!!

Old 07-24-2015, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
Wrote a long post that includes this issue: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-...-resolved.html

Old 08-14-2015, 12:38 PM
update

Thanks again for all your feedback. Had the car fixed a couple weeks ago, looks like the coils and sparkplugs were the issue. Here is description:

Insp: Engine cutting out, seems worse with AC ON. Found engine missing under load

Computer Scan DT: P0303 - Misfire #3, P0304 -- MISFIRE CYL #4
P0300- Random Misfire detected

Labour: Replace IGN COILS and SPARKPLUGS

Seems to be fixed now! (fingers crossed)

Thanks for all your support.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
I had minor misfiring around 100k miles - turned out to be the plugs. I suggest gapping them at 50K (mine were out) and replacing at 100K.

I recently did the valve adjustment just because it was time. The valve adjustment cured minor idle hunt and the big rpm dip the first time I engaged the AC after start-up. It didn't do much for drivability or engine noise. YMMV.

I haven't had coil pack problems but I cleaned the contacts as 50K and didn't run long on the bad plugs at 100K. Hopefully I've minimized the stress on the electronic elements in the coil packs so that I can go awhile longer before they go bad.

RG