1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

No idea

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 01:40 AM
Question No idea

Please help Me... When it comes to newer mechanical type things I am a dead set goose. I have just been given an October 2005 model 5 door Honda Jazz that i know nothing about what so ever. I know it does not say Vtec anywhere but I was asked if it was a 1.3 or 1.5 & that had me stumped!, Seems I am now having the problems lots of others have had, it's now done 121,000k's and I have a bad miss or sputter so much so it completely stopped the otherday and when I re started it the engine light came on, it has now gone off and I know I need to sort out either the plugs or coil according to what I have read here, (Thanks it's great) but how do I tell if it's one coil or all of them without getting ripped off?, I went into one mechanical workshop last week and the bloke told me it would be "an extra $100 no matter what was wrong because it was a Honda?", I told him what I thought of him and his workshop but any advice would be gratly appreciated this end?, I am only new to both the car & this site and it took me 2 months to work out the gearbox wasn't slipping when I first got it that's how good I am....

Thanks ...

Old 01-15-2013, 08:54 AM
5 Year Member
My understanding is that all Jazz's (JDM) are 1.3 liter engines. All Fits (USDM) are 1.5 liter engines.

Is the engine just stalling out when the engine is cold? I have read on the site that it could be a valve timing issue... you could just need a valve adjustment, which seems to be a common issue.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by powershift
Please help Me... When it comes to newer mechanical type things I am a dead set goose. I have just been given an October 2005 model 5 door Honda Jazz that i know nothing about what so ever. I know it does not say Vtec anywhere but I was asked if it was a 1.3 or 1.5 & that had me stumped!, Seems I am now having the problems lots of others have had, it's now done 121,000k's and I have a bad miss or sputter so much so it completely stopped the otherday and when I re started it the engine light came on, it has now gone off and I know I need to sort out either the plugs or coil according to what I have read here, (Thanks it's great) but how do I tell if it's one coil or all of them without getting ripped off?, I went into one mechanical workshop last week and the bloke told me it would be "an extra $100 no matter what was wrong because it was a Honda?", I told him what I thought of him and his workshop but any advice would be gratly appreciated this end?, I am only new to both the car & this site and it took me 2 months to work out the gearbox wasn't slipping when I first got it that's how good I am....

Thanks ...
Hello. Can you elaborate on what the bad "miss" or "stutter" is? I find that after two full months of ownership, I'm still not 100% used to the accelerator pedal. It seems you can depress the pedal a good inch or two and get little to no gas, I've had to get used to really pressing on the accelerator when taking off in first. Are you sure that the stutter you describe is not just an accidental stalling of the engine? I've stalled my engine a couple time and the battery light comes one when I do that but turns off as soon as I restart the car.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:24 PM
Do a search of your symptoms on this forum. Lots of info on that. Check engine light on?