1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

GD Coilover recommendation for comfort

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
GD Coilover recommendation for comfort

After so many miles I believe it is time to replace my suspension. I am hardly here on the forums so I don't know what are good decent coilovers for the GD. I searched and reading here and there and not a lot information on it or the information I am looking for. So I am looking for long lasting, comfortable daily driving coilovers. I don't track this car at all. I am looking to spend no more than $1k. Can you guys give me some recommendations or point to me in the right direction?

Old 03-05-2013, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
I have a brand new set of k sport coilovers for sale if your interested
Pm me

Old 03-05-2013, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitster
I have a brand new set of k sport coilovers for sale if your interested
Pm me
Thanks for your offer but I am going to wait on to hear some recommendation first before any purchase.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
Only coil over for the GD that I know which was designed for comfort were the Enduratech's... no clue if those are even still available

Old 03-05-2013, 06:38 PM
im in the market for new coils too...still cant decide..most of the fit owners i talked to suggested me to get some teins if your more on comfort side but i havent see actual drop of those who have teins..anyone?..

Old 03-05-2013, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
Do Tein make coilovers for the GD? I am looking at their website and they only listed coilovers for the GE.

Also I couldn't find the answer but what is the OEM spring rates?

Old 03-06-2013, 12:22 AM
5 Year Member
My wife and dog have no complaints about the way my Fit rides on Buddy Club N+ Coilovers.. The springs are stiffer than stock because they have less travel and would be likely to bottom out if not... There are 15 adjustments on the dampers so you can adjust them to be very firm or soft riding.. The height adjustment on the front units are separate from the spring adjustment and there is a separate adjustment to compress the springs for less travel and stiffer ride.. The rear springs can only be adjusted at the springs for height changes but not to preload the tension.. At 3 clicks from the softest setting the ride is decent but not as soft as stock.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:09 AM
If you are looking for comfort, stick to stock.

So what's really the reason why you want to go with coilovers?

If you are not looking to go any lower than 2" drop, I'd recommend going with lowering springs + good set of dampeners... this is way better ride than coilovers in my opinion. I've had both set ups and I like the former.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by konig_feather
If you are looking for comfort, stick to stock.

So what's really the reason why you want to go with coilovers?

If you are not looking to go any lower than 2" drop, I'd recommend going with lowering springs + good set of dampeners... this is way better ride than coilovers in my opinion. I've had both set ups and I like the former.
My OEM shocks are wearing out so I was looking for a replacement. Also thought it is a good opportunity to lower my vehicle just a tad bit. As for dampers I am having difficult time finding good selection. The choices seem limited out there and I figure just go for coilovers.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
My wife and dog have no complaints about the way my Fit rides on Buddy Club N+ Coilovers.. The springs are stiffer than stock because they have less travel and would be likely to bottom out if not... There are 15 adjustments on the dampers so you can adjust them to be very firm or soft riding.. The height adjustment on the front units are separate from the spring adjustment and there is a separate adjustment to compress the springs for less travel and stiffer ride.. The rear springs can only be adjusted at the springs for height changes but not to preload the tension.. At 3 clicks from the softest setting the ride is decent but not as soft as stock.
Thanks Texas, it is personal experience like yours is what I want to hear. Now you mentioned Buddyclub N+ it is brand I am considering looking more into.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
I liked the ride I had with Swift Mach springs a lot but as conservative as the drop was it was still a little too low for me to drive without the front lip getting damaged when interring steep driveways and the bumper getting pulled loose and bending the front fenders ... They do improve stability and cornering and have as much travel as the stock springs... If you feel that you can handle scraping the front lip periodically they are great and by using them along with struts and shocks with adjustable damping they would even be better... They are great even with the stock shocks and struts.... With the Buddy Club Coilovers I am able to have adequate ground clearance, stable well dampened ride without being too rough and no wheel hop when accelerating at full throttle from a stop.