1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

2007 Honda Fit: How easy is it to remove REAR BUMPER?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 10:04 AM
2007 Honda Fit: How easy is it to remove REAR BUMPER?

I need to replace the plastic clip that holds the top edge of the bumper (on the driver's side of the car) to the frame and bought the part at the dealer. They say that the whole bumper needs to come off to replace them. How easy is it to get off? Seems like only a few screws are holding it on, but where are they and how hard is it to get at them? Please provide specific details. Thanks!

Last edited by raginmama; 05-23-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:25 AM
5 Year Member
when you open the hatch you will see two allen screws take those off and there are two phillips screw connecting the bumper to the body in the wheel well other than that it is clips so you can pop it off

Old 05-23-2013, 10:30 AM
Ok, sorry for the dumb question, but I just want to make sure I don't break the darn thing. The screws in the wheel well: they are on the exterior of the wheel wheel, right? Meaning that I can see them from the exterior of the wheel well, and I don't have to get under the car to see them. For the allen screws: do I have to lift the spare tire cover to see those? Again, sorry for the stupid questions. Thanks!

Old 05-23-2013, 10:55 AM
5 Year Member
The two screws in the wheel well are pretty much at the corner of the bumper, the furthest tip of the edge that connects the bumper to the rear quarter panel. If you run your finger along the rear wheel wells towards the bumper, you'll feel the tab and the screws (one on each side) that hold the bumper onto the rear quarter panel.

The two bolts that are under the hatch are just under the tail light area if I remember correctly. Just open the hatch and you'll see two big black bolts if you look under the grey plastic of the tail lights. You do not have to lift the spare tire cover to see them.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:59 AM
OK, I'm gonna try this tonight when I get home. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks!!

Old 05-23-2013, 09:03 PM
I removed mine when I put on my muffler and it wasn't bad, just gotta be a little careful with the sides because of the clips. They should release fairly easy tho.

I also had a pretty remarkable amount of dirt and sand in my bumper tube, haha.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:34 PM
I"m pretty sure I am missing whatever holds the leading edge of the bumper (on the side of the car, where it meets the wheel well) to the frame. I only have the two allen bolts, and then the bumper pops off with no effort. The only phillips screw is on the actual bracket that is revealed once you pull the bumper off. Can someone take a picture of whatever clip or screw holds on the furthest tip of the edge that connects the bumper to the rear quarter panel? I would really appreciate it! thanks!

Old 05-24-2013, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
i don't have them either. i removed them after i lowered my car so it wouldn't rub.

Old 05-24-2013, 04:38 PM
Um, these are not on the bottom edge of the bumper, they are on the top edge of the bumper, where it attaches to the rear quarter panel, near the wheel well.

Old 05-24-2013, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
yeah i took that off, when i lowered my car the wheels rubbed on them so i removed the screws and bent the metal tab up. if i remember right there was a plastic thing in the metal tab the the screw when into.

Old 05-24-2013, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/12931-post47.html

this is what i'm talking about but the pics aren't working on my computer

Old 05-25-2013, 07:20 AM
Yeah, can't see the pics, so that's not really helpful. Listen, I'm not interested in modifying my car. I want to hear from someone who HAS these parts, ok? Not to be rude, but you're sort of derailing my post. I may repost this question to get feedback from some new people, ok? Thanks anyway!

Old 05-25-2013, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
They Told U How To Remove The Rear Bumper.... If U Dont Know What Ur Doing Which It Sounds Like Just Send It To A Shop.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Previc93
They Told U How To Remove The Rear Bumper.... If U Dont Know What Ur Doing Which It Sounds Like Just Send It To A Shop.
You Don't Have To Capitalize Every Word Of Every Sentence.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:40 AM
My Cell Phone Does The Same Thing When I Reply. I Thought My Phone Was Special.

Old 05-26-2013, 07:38 AM
Previce 93: these forums are for people to ask a question. If they knew the answer, they wouldn't have to ask, so I'm not sure the purpose of your post. I was able to remove the bumper, maybe you didn't read all the posts.

Gawa: Thanks for your help, after taking the car to two dealers (first wanted to charge me $200 to "fix" this) I was able to order the clips that I'm missing for less than $20. They'll arrive this week, so thanks for saving me $180!! Have a great weekend!

Old 05-26-2013, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
You Don't Have To Capitalize Every Word Of Every Sentence.
Originally Posted by 2poler
My Cell Phone Does The Same Thing When I Reply. I Thought My Phone Was Special.
Yup Ever Since I Updated My Gay Phone It Does That.

Old 05-26-2013, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by raginmama
Previce 93: these forums are for people to ask a question. If they knew the answer, they wouldn't have to ask, so I'm not sure the purpose of your post. I was able to remove the bumper, maybe you didn't read all the posts.

Gawa: Thanks for your help, after taking the car to two dealers (first wanted to charge me $200 to "fix" this) I was able to order the clips that I'm missing for less than $20. They'll arrive this week, so thanks for saving me $180!! Have a great weekend!
Did Read Everything And U Started Being A D Bag When People Were Trying To Help..... These Kind Of People Dont Belong Of Forums.

Old 05-26-2013, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Previc93
Yup Ever Since I Updated My Gay Phone It Does That.
Disable auto-complete/auto-correct/enhanced feature (some semblance thereof) or back and retype (manually). Just a suggestion, now

Old 08-20-2016, 01:27 AM
just want to tell you hehn that I'm reading your descriptions three years later and I'm finding them helpful, so though the Op may not have been helped, someone else was, so thanks :-)

Quick Reply: 2007 Honda Fit: How easy is it to remove REAR BUMPER?