1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

A/C compressor connector questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 06:50 PM
A/C compressor connector questions

I have a 2007 Fit Sport whose A/C has stopped working. The clutch never kicks on, though the condensor fan does. I've both replaced and jumpered the compressor relay and neither had any effect.

Before deciding it's my compressor..I would like to test the voltage at the connector which is attached to the shroud of the condensor fan.

However, I can't figure out how to unclip it -- I can access it ok from underneath and press on what looks like the release (at least on the side I can see) -- but when I pull down it feels like it's still connected to the fan shroud. So, is there a release clip on only one side? Do I have to remove the whole thing from the shroud first -- if so how? Or do I press the release clip and pull up on the other half... which I'm still not sure would let me access the connections inside the half of the clip that goes to the compressor.

2nd topic -- I saw a wiring diagram that shows a thermal protector before the compressor. Where is this located and can I jump it? And speaking of jumping sensors, is there a low pressure sensor and if I was jumping the A/C relay would I be right in assuming that the low pressure sensor would be out of the loop (it's just an input to the PCM)?

Thanks for any help/suggestions -- on the border of whether I want to fix this or not. 200K miles absolutely no problems since 2007 until a month or two ago when I blew a spark plug out of the cylinder (my fault, bad torque wrench -- probably seriously under-torqued), but that's been fixed. Now the A/C...

Thanks,

Todd